BOKURAGAITA

AOS fee for 3 minor kids? [merged threads]

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJ!

We will file our children's AOS after admitting as K2 follow to join. I'm a little bit confused what exactly is the fee for K2 aged 10,7 and 6?

I read somewhere the USCIS changed the fees again. Thank you if anyone here can answer my question. 

Carin

5 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

We will file our children's AOS after admitting as K2 follow to join. I'm a little bit confused what exactly is the fee for K2 aged 10,7 and 6?

$1,140 for each child.  No discount because they are not filing at the same time as you.  No biometrics fee for applicants under 14 years old -- https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You should file I-765 EAD and I-131 AP for each child too.  They're free when filed with I-485.  That may change soon, so file ASAP.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Chancy said:

$1,140 for each child.  No discount because they are not filing at the same time as you.  No biometrics fee for applicants under 14 years old -- https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You should file I-765 EAD and I-131 AP for each child too.  They're free when filed with I-485.  That may change soon, so file ASAP.

Thank you @Chancy 

Another question if its okay.

Does K1 and K2 has different documents when filing AOS? In this forum i only saw K1 checklist but not a separate one's for K2 especially the supporting documents.

I appreciate your answer. Thank you! 

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Thank you @Chancy 

Another question if its okay.

Does K1 and K2 has different documents when filing AOS? In this forum i only saw K1 checklist but not a separate one's for K2.

I appreciate your answer. Thank you! 

Timeline

Good day VJ!

I would appreciate any legal answers here to my questions. My husband and I is about to file my children's AOS nextweek since their 90 days stay will expire in May 2nd. Now, in an unexpected situation (emergency) we need money and decided if possible we can file my children's AOS after a month or pass 90 days (money situation). I as a K1 has 2 yrs GC and my kids are FTJ. We are worried that they might be deported if we couldn't file in time. I'm all ears and Thank you! 

Carin

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

20 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Good day VJ!

I would appreciate any legal answers here to my questions. My husband and I is about to file my children's AOS nextweek since their 90 days stay will expire in May 2nd. Now, in an unexpected situation (emergency) we need money and decided if possible we can file my children's AOS after a month or pass 90 days (money situation). I as a K1 has 2 yrs GC and my kids are FTJ. We are worried that they might be deported if we couldn't file in time. I'm all ears and Thank you! 

Carin

You’re right, they would be out of status and subject to deportation.   Not wise to wait to file.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Adventine said:

Don't delay filing the kids' AOS. Borrow from friends, use credit cards, work extra shifts, whatever you need to do to file that package.

We are panicking since we didn't expect to have an emergency that cost us a lot at the same time of filing their AOS. There are 3 kids that would cost us $3,420 and if the fees increase then this would take us a little bit longer (few months) to file. If this would be our only option (file late) for few months only is there any other forms to submit? Will they handcuff our children? I' will submit a copy of my NOA's and GC and SSN and a letter explaining why we failed to file before 90 days. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

No, they will not handcuff your children.

Do you  live in an area near a border?   VJ tends to recommend that if people cannot file for some reason, that they should “lay low” to avoid being detained by the border checkpoints.

I don't know exactly but as far as I can remember my husband told me the only border near from where we live is the Canadian border like an hour far. My children go to school and only go to the beach and parks on the weekends, so far that's our routine. And thank you, we still have another week to think about it and do the best that we can.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline