19 posts in this topic

Ok so we got our I-797 USCIS approval letter on 1-23-2023..  After about 2 months of nothing from NVC I finally sent them an inquiry for information as to what our next steps are, in the first response they sent me the case number starting with BGT.  I had to send them another inquiry for the invoice number as well to be able to log into the CEAC portal.  Once I had both of those I was finally able to login but I cannot pay any fees or see basically anything at all.  The only message that pops up is this one :

“Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.”

77 days after the mailed I-797 was sent to us,  we still have not received any kind of welcome letter or anything with information on how to pay for fees and submit the affidavit of support.  It is not on the portal.  We have since filled out DS160 (about 2 weeks ago) are we waiting for DS160 to be reviewed for us to be sent more instructions? Is there something else we should be doing? Or anything we can do ? Does priority date apply to K1 visas? Any further inquiries sent to NVC was responded with this :

“To Whom it Concerns:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.”

Any experience or information would be greatly appreciated!  We are waiting to go to the embassy in Bogota so we can be together forever .  I-129f was completed in November of 2021.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please read the guidelines here for K1, and follow your K1 progress tracking group in the forums.

There is no NVC welcome letter for K1, and there are no NVC steps.  NVC just creates the case number and sends the I-129F to the embassy.

Creating log in for CEAC was not necessary and is not part of the process. K1s do not pay any fees to NVC, that is done with the consulate and there’s no welcome letters. All you can do at this point is monitor CEAC status and wait for it to change from “At NVC” to In transit and finally Ready. As NVC said themselves, they will notify you when the case is sent to the consulate. Right now you’re waiting in the queue to be transferred.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kingsriz said:

Ok so we got our I-797 USCIS approval letter on 1-23-2023..  After about 2 months of nothing from NVC I finally sent them an inquiry for information as to what our next steps are, in the first response they sent me the case number starting with BGT.  I had to send them another inquiry for the invoice number as well to be able to log into the CEAC portal.  Once I had both of those I was finally able to login but I cannot pay any fees or see basically anything at all.  The only message that pops up is this one :

“Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.”

77 days after the mailed I-797 was sent to us,  we still have not received any kind of welcome letter or anything with information on how to pay for fees and submit the affidavit of support.  It is not on the portal.  We have since filled out DS160 (about 2 weeks ago) are we waiting for DS160 to be reviewed for us to be sent more instructions? Is there something else we should be doing? Or anything we can do ? Does priority date apply to K1 visas? Any further inquiries sent to NVC was responded with this :

“To Whom it Concerns:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.”

Any experience or information would be greatly appreciated!  We are waiting to go to the embassy in Bogota so we can be together forever .  I-129f was completed in November of 2021.

As with you we were sent the I-797 (71) days ago. Received no numbers at that time. Waited 30 days then sent a Ask NVC inquiry. Reply was they are waiting data entry. Submitted a Ask NVC every week for the next 3 weeks and finally got 3 numbers. Only 2 are needed to complete the next stages. Today we received the welcome letter from the NVC stating that our petition has been forwarded to the Embassy. Checked the status in the NVC and states " In Transit ". 

Same, we also received the letter in email today that the petition is being sent to the embassy , when checking the visa status it now says “in transit” 😁, but it says that an interview date was provided by the NVC.. I have not received nor seen anywhere that I was given an interview date, I am assuming this is something generic they send to everybody and the embassy will contact us with more information in regards to an interview date and any other relevant information ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kingsriz said:

Same, we also received the letter in email today that the petition is being sent to the embassy , when checking the visa status it now says “in transit” 😁, but it says that an interview date was provided by the NVC.. I have not received nor seen anywhere that I was given an interview date, I am assuming this is something generic they send to everybody and the embassy will contact us with more information in regards to an interview date and any other relevant information ? 

We received the same letter. We got our I-797 on 1/30/23. Waited a very long time before we got our numbers I even contacted our senators office and that office had no idea of why it took over 50 days to get our numbers. Now we just wait for the Embassy to put us in line. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, Kingsriz said:

I have not received nor seen anywhere that I was given an interview date, I am assuming this is something generic they send to everybody and the embassy will contact us with more information in regards to an interview date and any other relevant information

9 minutes ago, Biliz said:

Now we just wait for the Embassy to put us in line.

K1 applicants in Colombia are expected to self-schedule their visa interview, typically after getting an email with instructions from the consulate in Bogota.  You may try to book an interview schedule without waiting for the consulate instructions IF your CEAC case status is "Ready".  Check the thread below for more info, though not sure if the consulate has become more strict with the requirement to wait for the email instructions --

Timeline
19 hours ago, Biliz said:

We received the same letter. We got our I-797 on 1/30/23. Waited a very long time before we got our numbers I even contacted our senators office and that office had no idea of why it took over 50 days to get our numbers. Now we just wait for the Embassy to put us in line. Good luck.

This is awesome news! I also got a letter yesterday 4/11/2023 confirming that it has been sent to the embassy in Bogota. I am assuming that they sent a couple at a time, which is great. We should definitely keep in touch. In my end it still shows in Transit. supposedly I read their courier is DHL and Bogota should be receiving in 3 days. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Kingsriz said:

we also received a letter yesterday that it was sent to the embassy in Bogota. and the same words show up in my end. for my understanding those are generic words. every embassy works differently. For what I have read, as soon as status shows ready we may schedule an appt. and then email consulate for them to send packet of instruction or the welcome letter via email, or wait for it to show up in the mail. unfortionately, in Colombia the postal system is inefficient and at times they never receive the packet. That is why we need to be ahead of the game. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ginna Jaramillo said:

we also received a letter yesterday that it was sent to the embassy in Bogota. and the same words show up in my end. for my understanding those are generic words. every embassy works differently. For what I have read, as soon as status shows ready we may schedule an appt. and then email consulate for them to send packet of instruction or the welcome letter via email, or wait for it to show up in the mail. unfortionately, in Colombia the postal system is inefficient and at times they never receive the packet. That is why we need to be ahead of the game. 

I think when you receive the letter from the embassy they also send you a number which the doctor will ask for when scheduling an appointment. I could be wrong but that is what our lawyer has told us. 

Hey guys! Quick update .. after checking the status of the petition it now says it’s “READY.” 

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:

http://nvc.state.gov/interview

was wondering if you guys got the same thing , also.. what’s next, I guess we wait now for the letter from the embassy? I think I will email them to confirm the address of my fiancée at least so that they send information to the correct destination.  Also , as somebody posted above.. as soon as it reads “ready” we can schedule an interview on our own ? Wonder what your guys thought processes are, exciting times! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kingsriz said:

Hey guys! Quick update .. after checking the status of the petition it now says it’s “READY.” 

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:

http://nvc.state.gov/interview

was wondering if you guys got the same thing , also.. what’s next, I guess we wait now for the letter from the embassy? I think I will email them to confirm the address of my fiancée at least so that they send information to the correct destination.  Also , as somebody posted above.. as soon as it reads “ready” we can schedule an interview on our own ? Wonder what your guys thought processes are, exciting times! 

Hello 👋🏻 yes finally it says “ready” in my end as well.  Super excited. I immediately sent an email to ivbogota@state.gov stating that we show ready in the ceac system and will like to know how to proceed. I provided the same info as it is shown in the letter that was emailed from NVC. (Case #, beneficiary name and petitioners name) we also just finished submitted the DS160 which is a requirement to make an appt. At the end it provides you with a reference number in which you will need to put along your case number to register for an appt. For my understanding is that we don’t need to wait for packet when scheduling an appt. For embassy  in Bogota, However I tried doing so and it said case is not ready for appt. Maybe is because it is to soon. I will continue trying tomorrow and see. 

Timeline

Wanted to give an update. This morning we tried again and was able to get an appt. at the embassy. The soonest appt. for us was 05/19 so we grabbed it. Wishing you all the best of luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.