tyr044

Applied for passport, interesting situation currently

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haven't really seen an answer to a situation like the one we're in anywhere. My wife was just naturalized and it came at the worst possible time. She was naturalized on Feb 9th, we applied for an expedited passport the next day on the 10th. We have yet to hear anything back from them. Check was cashed but no update on the status, still says not available as of writing this. We've been in contact with our local representative and will try and get us a same day appointment before our travel date on March 11th. Obviously we no longer have the original certificate of naturalization as it has been sent in for the passport application. We have photo copies of it but aren't sure if that will be good enough even if we are able to get the appointment. Anyone know of what happens in a situation such as this? Thank you 

Edited by tyr044

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It is going to be difficult getting a passport through a passport agency without the original certificate of naturalization.  You can try, but I think you may get turned away.  Hopefully your expedite will come through soon.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

The current situation — USCIS processing naturalizations at high rates never seen seen this century —  does put new citizens in a vulnerable state: no evidence of authorized presence for months due to the higher demand on the passport agency. The department of state again is the bottleneck.  

2 hours ago, tyr044 said:

Haven't really seen an answer to a situation like the one we're in anywhere. My wife was just naturalized and it came at the worst possible time. She was naturalized on Feb 9th, we applied for an expedited passport the next day on the 10th. We have yet to hear anything back from them. Check was cashed but no update on the status, still says not available as of writing this. We've been in contact with our local representative and will try and get us a same day appointment before our travel date on March 11th. Obviously we no longer have the original certificate of naturalization as it has been sent in for the passport application. We have photo copies of it but aren't sure if that will be good enough even if we are able to get the appointment. Anyone know of what happens in a situation such as this? Thank you 

You should apply for same day passport if you had tavel plans, people with booked flights can apply for a passport and get it same day.

Expedite passports are arriving very late

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Timeline
34 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

Expedite passports are arriving very late

How many days is “very late”?

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Go to the facebook page of Departmenbof state and you will see people comlain about pay expedite and no get passport in 6 , 8 and 10 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/travelgov?mibextid=ZbWKwL

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

🤣

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

This is from drpartment of state page.

Our current passport processing times are 8-11 weeks for routine service and 5-7 weeks for expedited service ($60 fee). Apply now if you plan to travel this summer. Travel.state.gov/passports

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

3 hours ago, tyr044 said:

Expedite is taking 6 to 7  weeks and more.

This is on department of state page:

Our current passport processing times are 8-11 weeks for routine service and 5-7 weeks for expedited service ($60 fee). Apply now if you plan to travel this summer. Travel.state.gov/passports

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

Timeline
Just now, mytruelove18 said:

This is from drpartment of state page.

Yes. And so how many days after the 7 week service level agreement are expedited passports arriving?

I went to your Fb link and most of the comments on the post ( https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=577983837698004&set=a.227341039428954&type=3&mibextid=l066kq )  advising citizens to renew passports now for summer travel were complaints or questions about immigration visas, renouncing citizenship, or complaints that the passport was months late after requesting normal processing. Yes we’ve seen the circus before (when WHTI was forced on people, in 2021 after Covid was canceled for 10 minutes) and now after USCIS decided to processing nothing else but naturalizations.  

“very late” is emotionally charged but doesn’t convey practical information.

I can believe that the 7 week processing we paid for will be 70 weeks which would totally suck and will result in us escalating through the various channels. 

I will report our progress on the 

monster thread.   I’m thinking the time might be now have monthly threads for first passports / first adult  passports.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, tyr044 said:

Exactly Same problem here.  We submitted the application on Feb 6th.  Check cashed on the 10th.  Status Still shows unavailable.  The people at the national passport office are not helpful. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I submitted My passport application on jan 15th, on Jan 20th My status showed that they received it on Jan 20th and will process according to fcfs policy. I received My passport last Tuesday Feb 21, I did the routine option since I have no immediate travel plans. So it took 3 weeks because my passport says "issued on feb 14th" and on their website I got My tracking code on Feb 16th. My son renewed his passport with Me on that same day and we got our passports together. Hang in there and check your mail constantly. Till date when I track My status it gives Me update, but a friend of mine who omitted her husband’s dob got her application resent for fixing and she now gets the unavailable update too even though prior to that she could see her status when tracking her passport.

Edited by mniceguy16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Exactly Same problem here.  We submitted the application on Feb 6th.  Check cashed on the 10th.  Status Still shows unavailable.  The people at the national passport office are not helpful. 

And like the OP, you sent in her naturalization certificate.  I would be curious if a passport agency would accept a copy.  I suppose in the case of the OP, it is worth a try.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 3/1/2023 at 9:05 AM, Crazy Cat said:

Whats the locator?.. i have had really good luck with all 3 passport application I’ve submitted. Expedited for my passport locator 69 took 28 days, regular processing locator 34 for my wife took 31 days, and then Ds-5504 application to fix a mistake on my wife passport it again it took 29 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adujarric said:

Whats the locator?.. i have had really good luck with all 3 passport application I’ve submitted. Expedited for my passport locator 69 took 28 days, regular processing locator 34 for my wife took 31 days, and then Ds-5504 application to fix a mistake on my wife passport it again it took 29 days.

Honestly, I'm not sure.  I just hope there was a system glitch which causes me to see "not available".  I'm hoping to receive my wife's PP in a couple weeks.  If not, I will be extremely pissed, and Ted Cruze's office will hear about this!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 7:05 AM, Crazy Cat said:

As of now, https://passportstatus.state.gov says:

Note for customers who applied in person or by mail from February 6-13:
We are resolving a technical issue that may prevent you from getting your passport status online. If you see a status of "Not Available" and applied in early February, please know that we are working on your application.

Your wife’s application was in that range of time. My goodness she cannot catch a break. This is her third set back in her immigration and citizenship journey  as I recall. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.