Laura and Taha

Interview Cairo Requesting Proof

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You biggest red flag/hurdle to overcome is the fact that your husband is the third person that you're sponsoring. They are interested in your previous marriages because you sponsored both and they are curious why you are sponsoring a third man. Not sure how you come up with more evidence as you've provided a lot.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kanja said:

I thought this as well. But it seems like most people think this shouldn’t be acknowledged? 

my thoughts are they should be acknowledged (since they already brought it up), indicate that these were bona-fide relationships that did not work (indicate dates of divorce) but indicate that you are looking forward to starting life with your new husband. 

Please clarify your meaning of "this".  Everything is open for consideration.  It's called "totality of circumstances" for a reason.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Please clarify your meaning of "this".  Everything is open for consideration.  It's called "totality of circumstances" for a reason.

Sorry, my mind thinks faster than I type. I meant I agreed with you when you said her sponsoring of now three spouses is an area for concern.

i meant that some folks had said she should not highlight her previous marriages but maybe she should. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kanja said:

Sorry, my mind thinks faster than I type. I meant I agreed with you when you said her sponsoring of now three spouses is an area for concern.

i meant that some folks had said she should not highlight her previous marriages but maybe she should. 

Yeah, it would be difficult to highlight or explain her past in a way that would be helpful.  They will know about them and see a pattern.  The pattern is there no matter the explanation.  If it walks and quacks like a duck, they are going to see and hear a duck, particularly if the immigrants were men of means and she is not a woman of means.  There's a lot we don't know, that the Consular office knew.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
11 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yeah, it would be difficult to highlight or explain her past in a way that would be helpful.  They will know about them and see a pattern.  The pattern is there no matter the explanation.  If it walks and quacks like a duck, they are going to see and hear a duck, particularly if the immigrants were men of means and she is not a woman of means.  There's a lot we don't know, that the Consular office knew.

Very true. I totally agree. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

I have a well established career and net over 100K per year. I do not need a man for money. The first man I sponsored, I lived with him and his family in a tiny village in the Sahara desert for one year. Why? Because I loved him and I was hoping to continue living with him there. However, the climate and lack of AC and living conditions proved to much for me which is why I petitioned him to come with me to the states. Unfortunately the marriage ended due to him coming out as homosexual. My second marriage, we were together for two years before filing for the fiance visa. We were then married for almost 8 and had a daughter together. His culture caught up with him (Afghan) and he began to resent me and take it out on me. I stayed with him hoping it would get better but it did not.  Neither men had money or any tangible thing to offer. 

My current husband, although he has a good job in Egypt and I'm very proud of him, the money doesn't exchange well into USD. We were together 2.5 years before getting married.

I would think the CO would be able to see all of this. Unfortunately life happens and it's good not to judge the "duck" sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Laura and Taha said:

I would think the CO would be able to see all of this. Unfortunately life happens and it's good not to judge the "duck" sometimes.

You are an effective and very good writer, state your case and address each of the possible flags that may have been raised…leave no elephant in the room.

So , yes confront head on the of past / marriages, the age difference and the length of your current marriage. ..you will absolutely prevail .

Timeline
3 hours ago, Laura and Taha said:

I have a well established career and net over 100K per year. I do not need a man for money. The first man I sponsored, I lived with him and his family in a tiny village in the Sahara desert for one year. Why? Because I loved him and I was hoping to continue living with him there. However, the climate and lack of AC and living conditions proved to much for me which is why I petitioned him to come with me to the states. Unfortunately the marriage ended due to him coming out as homosexual. My second marriage, we were together for two years before filing for the fiance visa. We were then married for almost 8 and had a daughter together. His culture caught up with him (Afghan) and he began to resent me and take it out on me. I stayed with him hoping it would get better but it did not.  Neither men had money or any tangible thing to offer. 

My current husband, although he has a good job in Egypt and I'm very proud of him, the money doesn't exchange well into USD. We were together 2.5 years before getting married.

You know those things.  The Consular Officer knows you have a good income.  We didn't know that without you telling us.  Follow Family's advice and expect success.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 9:55 PM, Jorgedig said:

The consular section of an embassy doesn’t assist USCs with their family-based visas.   There is a separate section of the embassy that provides services to USCs, not related to visas.

On paper, yes but with USC physical presence, things could be swayed a bit. These are just office sections within the same premises. Although they play different roles, USC could literally be offered help to speak to someone at the other section or directed to someone. We all know how this works is just to fulfil some official protocols and all that. If a USC gets into the USC service centre and tell the official their ordeal, they don't get turned away. 

Its happened in my consulate severally. I'm not saying it would change any outcome, but its worth a shot since the USC is in the country. if i'm in this shoe, i'll go all out for it

Timeline
3 hours ago, AfroKing said:

On paper, yes but with USC physical presence, things could be swayed a bit. These are just office sections within the same premises. Although they play different roles, USC could literally be offered help to speak to someone at the other section or directed to someone. We all know how this works is just to fulfil some official protocols and all that. If a USC gets into the USC service centre and tell the official their ordeal, they don't get turned away. 

Its happened in my consulate severally. I'm not saying it would change any outcome, but its worth a shot since the USC is in the country. if i'm in this shoe, i'll go all out for it

Thank you. I did try, however they are refusing to see me at this time. The embassy in Cairo is not very USC friendly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Laura and Taha said:

Thank you. I did try, however they are refusing to see me at this time. The embassy in Cairo is not very USC friendly.

I think all US Embassies are USC friendly. One thing i know for sure is that the US prioritise the citizens. I don't know what you did but i know for sure two cases here in my consulate where USC flew over and was able to get them to schedule another interview for her and spouse. They were questioned separately on the second interview. Did you go to the Embassy physically and flash your U.S passport? 

Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, Laura and Taha said:

I've heard the same as well. Seems the only ones it's easy for are those couples who are both Egyptian.

So, I just remembered the name of the only person at the embassy in Cairo who performed a miracle for me and at the time my fiancé. His name is Shariff. He speaks perfect English and I thought he was American for a moment. He is very nice super patient and beyond helpful. Maybe you can ask for him? Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.