KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

288 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, kec523 said:

Thank you! So if we don't receive it after 6 weeks, we can file an inquiry of some kind? 

You can use this website to e-request missing notices from USCIS

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=541FCB2EA04C35F0FF31C155C1CB85F5?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

5 hours ago, K.T said:

Thank you so much! This is really helpful.  Will wait a few more weeks and then submit it.  I just want to have it in hand before the green card expires for obvious reasons! 

Back here on the forum to start another journey, those two years went fast 😹 Now let's see how long it takes to remove my conditions...

Mailed our packet to Carol Stream IL 28th Dec 2022. 

Received by USCIS 29th Dec 2022.

Received NOA today 9th Jan 2023.

MSC/NBC receipt number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2023 at 9:17 AM, fjxs said:

I received the text message that they got it early this morning (Jan 4th, 5:17am pacific). No email (I checked my junk folder) and the check hasn't been cashed yet. 

I just got my NOA in the mail today, from the National Benefits Center. So my timeline is: 

12/23/2022: package mailed to Phoenix lockbox

12/29/2022: package received (in the morning)

01/04/2023: received text message

01/05/2023: check cashed

01/09/2023: NOA received in mail (Notice Date 01/04/2023) 

Also I sent my package in USPS Priority Mail Express. They delivered it 2 days late, so I requested a refund, and the check for that came in the mail today too! It was really easy to request the refund online, so I recommend doing that if you get Priority Express and they deliver late. 

Our letter arrived in the mail today! Obviously, my husband needs to keep the letter on him at all times with his green card, but should he carry the original or a photocopy? I would hate for the original to get lost or damaged...

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

1 minute ago, BeansOnToast said:

Our letter arrived in the mail today! Obviously, my husband needs to keep the letter on him at all times with his green card, but should he carry the original or a photocopy? I would hate for the original to get lost or damaged...

Photocopy is fine within the US.  He will need the original letter when traveling abroad.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:57 PM, kec523 said:

I'm so sorry this happened! If it makes you feel any better we had our AOS rejected twice and it was so frustrating! We got ours back with the stamps and sent everything back with the stamps on it except we printed a new copy of our cover letter and the application and signed/dated with updated dates. It wasn't an issue for us sending the stamped stuff back! 

EAC I think is Vermont which is moving the fastest right now! Congratulations!!! 

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons for your rejections?

Our first AOS application in December was rejected due to CC application being incorrect somehow, and now our second application (resent Jan 3rd, delivered Jan 6th) is nearly a week without SMS notification.  We sent a cheque this time following the instructions on the USCIS website so we're really, really hoping the AOS is not rejected and returned due to payment again. We are outside the 90 day window with the second AOS application though, so maybe that could be reason for delay... All speculation from our end, hoping to hear more about your experience!

32 minutes ago, 50%OFF said:

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons for your rejections?

Our first AOS application in December was rejected due to CC application being incorrect somehow, and now our second application (resent Jan 3rd, delivered Jan 6th) is nearly a week without SMS notification.  We sent a cheque this time following the instructions on the USCIS website so we're really, really hoping the AOS is not rejected and returned due to payment again. We are outside the 90 day window with the second AOS application though, so maybe that could be reason for delay... All speculation from our end, hoping to hear more about your experience!

Hi again! 

So when I say AOS I'm referring to when we adjusted status from K1 2 years ago (i-485 and accompanying forms).  This time around we got accepted the first time.  Both times we were rejected with a form letter saying one of our forms wasn't filled out completely.  I am not sure if it was the 485 or that ridiculous 944 - but we didn't have N/A written in every single blank and that is what I suspect the issue was.  

This time around we got our confirmation text and check withdrawn less than a week after filing - still no hard copy NOA1 in the mail though and it's been nearly a month so that's really frustrating! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I-751: Using attorney this time around to transfer the stress haha.

Service Center - SRC (Texas)

Received by USCIS: 12/22/22

NOA1/Extension Letter: 12/28/22

Watching and waiting like everyone else. Hearing SRC is fast (6-9mos) so fingers crossed! 

1 minute ago, Albinjr26 said:

How likely is to have a waived interview for ROC? 

All depends on your immigration history, submitted evidence and random chance. It is more common NOT to have the interview than to have (unless applying for citizenship with pending ROC).

You should always assume you WILL have interview. The consequences for missing the interview are bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.