J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

207 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello...Welcome!

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together.

Stay patient because this is a long process currently running 15-17 months for your NOA2 or petition approval by USCIS (first stage). Then your petition will be sent to NVC which runs about 4-6 weeks processing (second stage) and finally your interview at the embassy (third stage).  Also, do not compare yourself to others....Some will receive NOA-2 faster than others, some will be stuck at NVC for longer and then finally some will receive interviews fairly quickly at embassy. STAY PATIENT! 

Please create the timeline in your profile. Also note that USCIS goes by "Received date" :

Example

I-129 F Sent -  November 2, 2022

I-129 F Received - November 4, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 F - Notice Date - November 7, 2022

In this example your NOA-1 should be November 4. This will help you fill out your timeline properly. 

readingForm.png

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying not to obsess about this as the current process time is 15.5 months so we'll be lucky if anything happens before February/March 2024. Prayfully it will. 🙏🏾

Timeline: 

I-129F Sent - October 28, 2022

I-129F Received - November 7, 2022

I-129F - Notice Date - November 10, 2022 (NOA1)

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there! I'm a November 2022 filer as well:)

Any idea if we will be approved by the end of this year?! I'm not so up to date on the trends and wondering if someone may have further insight:D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Melissa Johnstone said:

Hey there! I'm a November 2022 filer as well:)

Any idea if we will be approved by the end of this year?! I'm not so up to date on the trends and wondering if someone may have further insight:D

At current processing rates there's a good chance you'll see an RFE or approval by the end of the year. It's a ways off, so things can change, but we're hopeful they'll continue in this positive direction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Naterson said:

At current processing rates there's a good chance you'll see an RFE or approval by the end of the year. It's a ways off, so things can change, but we're hopeful they'll continue in this positive direction.

Yes, we'll I'm definatley hoping for continued improvement on the k1 processing times!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 hours ago, Melissa Johnstone said:

Hey, does anyone know the email address to contact the USCIS for an expedite request? 

Use Emma  to get to an agent and do the expedite request through that. I am note sure if there is a direct email to expedite. But you are almost there if you are a November Filer. I would just wait. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 1/12/2023 at 11:46 PM, kkamiiiii said:

Hi,

I'm trying not to obsess about this as the current process time is 15.5 months so we'll be lucky if anything happens before February/March 2024. Prayfully it will. 🙏🏾

Timeline: 

I-129F Sent - October 28, 2022

I-129F Received - November 7, 2022

I-129F - Notice Date - November 10, 2022 (NOA1)

Your received date is your NOA1 not the notice date just fyi

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

My fiance and I applied for K1 November 16, 2022 and we were just approved on September 29, 2023. Good luck to everyone else!

I-129 F Sent -  November 15, 2022

I-129 F Received - November 16, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 NOA 2 Approved - September 29, 2023 (NOA-2)

Edited by EmilyEC

5 minutes ago, EmilyEC said:

My fiance and I applied for K1 November 16, 2022 and we were just approved on September 29, 2023. Good luck to everyone else!

I-129 F Sent -  November 15, 2022

I-129 F Received - November 16, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 NOA 2 Approved - September 29, 2023 (NOA-2)

Congratulations! But what is up with people from November 14th and on getting approved. I sent mine in October and it was Received on November 7th but still no words 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.