Dashinka

Election 2022

370 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, B_J said:

Pick your two:

Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, or Tim Scott.  I'd even consider Chris Christie, Dan Crenshaw, Mike Pence, or Mike Pompeo.

There are a lot of good, intelligent people who are qualified to be President who wouldn't embarrass us on a daily basis and aren't about to turn 80.  There are even some on the Democratic side that fit that description.

I would love a DeSantis/Scott ticket.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
16 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

New Hope Arises in Arizona for Republicans After Ballot Update

[...] New numbers coming out of Arizona are not only showing the races there tightening but GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake is likely favored to win over Democrat Katie Hobbs.  Blake Masters, who is running for senate, also now has a clear, though, more difficult path to beat Democrat Mark Kelly.  [...]

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/09/new-hope-arises-in-arizona-for-republicans-after-ballot-update-n656893

Some say without showing before and after screen shots, that updated count totals are breaking at least 3 to 1 for GOP.  If so, both Lake and Masters have solid paths to victory because there are over 600,000 votes left to count (per https://apps.arizona.vote/info/bps/2022-general-election/33/0 which appears to maintained by Katie Hobbs herself). 

I’ve taken before screen shots just now and when there are updated totals, I will share my before and after screenshots and either break our hearts or give hope. Given the glacial pace (expected since Hobbs is cold blooded and a cold front moved in last night) of counting, I was xorct to update y’all in December 

Edited by Mike E

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Some say without showing before and after screen shots, that updated count totals are breaking at least 3 to 1 for GOP.  If so, both Lake and Masters have solid paths to victory because there are over 600,000 votes left to count (per https://apps.arizona.vote/info/bps/2022-general-election/33/0 which appears to maintained by Katie Hobbs herself). 

I’ve taken before screen shots just now and when there are updated totals, I will share my before and after screenshots and either break our hearts or give hope. Given the glacial pace (expected since Hobbs is cold blooded and a cold front moved in last night) of counting, I was xorct to update y’all in December 

I remember watching the Arizona senate debate and Masters did really well.  He was much better than Kelly.  Plus, with the Libertarian candidate endorsing him I would think that Masters would have a solid chance at winning.  Of course, I watched the Pennsylvania debate and I still can't believe how that turned out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, B_J said:

for all the good he did, he caused just as many unnecessary problems.

Exactly what problems for the country did he cause?  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Exactly what problems for the country did he cause?  

When you are the leader of the country, being an arrogant jerk 99% of the time is going to have a negative effect on the country.  Yes, he was quite often right on policy but his personality and lack of maturity was embarrassing.

Honestly, what President gets upset about what SNL says about them?  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, B_J said:

When you are the leader of the country, being an arrogant jerk 99% of the time is going to have a negative effect on the country.  Yes, he was quite often right on policy but his personality and lack of maturity was embarrassing.

Honestly, what President gets upset about what SNL says about them?  

OK.  No answer for my question.  Thanks. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, B_J said:

You're welcome 

For the record, I will not vote for Trump in the primary (as of today).  I agree he is too divisive.  I think Ron is the best choice (if he runs). 

Edited by Crazy Cat

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

I will not vote for Trump in the primary.  I agree he is too divisive.  I think Ron is the best choice (if he runs). 

I'm with you.

And if there is one good thing to come from the midterm elections: maybe we've seen the last of Beto O'Rourke and Stacey Abrams.

Timeline
17 hours ago, B_J said:

.  He was President, he did a good job but he was incredibly divisive and, for all the good he did, he caused just as many unnecessary problems.  I voted for him once, but I don't want to be put in that position again.

This is the mean tweets overwhelm good policy execution argument. This argument isn’t persuasive.  Between Ike and Trump, the most effective GOP president was Reagan.  Reagan did zero with border security, and in fact merely encouraged more illegal immigration. This  left Trump a mess that he was cleaning up. And it was precisely because he was uncouth that the border was getting under control. Illegal immigrants feared Trump and they stopped coming. 

17 hours ago, B_J said:

I think there are other people out there who can do just as good of a job without embarrassing the office.  

32 minutes ago, B_J said:

Pick your two:

Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, or Tim Scott.  I'd even consider Chris Christie, Dan Crenshaw, Mike Pence, or Mike Pompeo.

In the above list, the only two who have demonstrated any inclination  to deal with the border are DeSantis and Pompeo.  As Sec State, Pompeo banned immigration from some countries and he walked the walk.  

As Governor, DeSantis flew some illegal immigrants to a posh resort up  north, and then after some mean tweets against him, he stopped doing it.  “Florida is where woke comes to die” is is a great platitude, but  actual action is missing.  Meanwhile El Paso is overwhelmed. 

I see these outcomes for 2024, in order of highest to lowest probability. 

1. The GOP nominates someone besides Trump in 2024, who goes down in flames against Biden because he or she allows the opposition to define he or she.  It is rare that a defeated nominee gets another kick of can, so if you want to waste St Ron II’s shot, go for it.  

2. Or Trump gets nominated, and his ground game in AZ, WI, Michigan, PA, GA continues to suck and he goes down in flames. 

3. Like 2, but the ground game works and he is inaugurated sometime in March 2025 after the votes are recounted for the 10th time.

4. St Ron II manages to beat the vegetable in office.  I’m not sure how given Oz couldn’t beat a vegetable either.  

The GOP is simply too inept to execute a campaign, a point well made by Ben Shapiro yesterday. And disparage MAGA all you want (which means disparage me all you want; go for it I care not) but it is only because of MAGA we are even talking about the GOP having any chance in 2024.  Remember that DeSantis is a creation of MAGA. 

As Shapiro pointed out, the silver lining is that Democrats now think that Woke is a winning policy. Thus I think  they will accelerate genital mutilation of children, higher taxes, Covid lock downs, etc.  A competent GOP should be able to exploit that.  

15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And disparage MAGA all you want (which means disparage me all you want; go for it I care not) but it is only because of MAGA we are even talking about the GOP having any chance in 2024.  Remember that DeSantis is a creation of MAGA. 

I have no idea what anyone means when they refer to "MAGA" or "MAGA Republicans".  To me, MAGA is simply a slogan, similar to the one used by DeSantis.  I have no issue with anyone who voted for Trump especially considering I voted for Trump this last time.  I don't understand the Trump worshipers just like I don't understand those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.  

Some could argue that the only reason we have a President Biden is because of Trump's negative qualities.  Trump would have been an almost perfect President if he would have focused on policy and got rid of the juvenile behavior.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As far as I can tell most people in most places voted as they usually do. I always wonder how all this advertising, Billions spent, actually has any impact?

Both parties seem quite happy to produce election districts where something really odd would need to happen for them to lose control.

As this has been going on for many years inevitably the wave? will be much smaller, and only a few districts are really relevant.

The people have spoke ####### tends to annoy me, a few people changed in a very few districts, look at the numbers. even in places like NY there is not exactly an overwhelming vote.

For some reason my NPR station on Alexa is San Fran, just said that it will be a few weeks before their votes are counted, now that seems odd very odd.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

If you 

26 minutes ago, B_J said:

I have no idea what anyone means when they refer to "MAGA" or "MAGA Republicans".

It means putting the U.S. first. 

.  I don't understand the Trump worshipers just like I don't understand those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Do you  see a qualitative and positive  difference between the results Trump got while in office versus all his predecessors since Reagan?

If your answer is no, then you don’t understand MAGA.  

If your answer is yes, then you do understand MAGA.  

Some could argue that the only reason we have a President Biden is because of Trump's negative qualities.  Trump would have been an almost perfect President if he would have focused on policy and got rid of the juvenile behavior.

We have Biden because the election was rigged:

* ballots were counted in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania that should should not have been counted as courts have now ruled. To be fair Trump shares blame for not forcing the swing states to adopt the rules Florida uses in its elections. Thus it was totally in his control to fix in 2017 and 2018 when the GOP had control of Congress. 

* the CIA and FBI colluded  with the media and social networks to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story. To be fair, Trump deserves some blame for not firing levels in the CIA and FBI deeply enough when he took office.  But he had no way to overcome media and social network collusion. On this point, of your list of alternatives to Trump, the only one who might  clean house and truly drain the swamp is DeSantis. The rest are part of the swamp and will never go there.  And to not digress too much from my point, that is the problem with your list: most are from the swamp, doing insider trading and counting their life time government pensions. 

* The CDC, FDA, media, and social networks colluded to suppress the story that production vaccines were imminent.  Likewise Trump is not blameless, and likewise he had no way to overcome social network and media collusion. Still his daily Covid briefings were must see TV that the media and nets could not suppress.   One  can imagine a spokesperson like the Florida’s current surgeon general instead of Birx and Fauci telling it like was.  That alone might have tipped  the scales. 

* The DNC forced all of Biden’s opponents to withdraw once it became clear that otherwise the nominee would be selected at convention.  Didn’t work for Ford in 1976.  

Removing mean tweets would not have changed any of the above. 

GOP sleep walking into a calamity in 2024.  

51 minutes ago, B_J said:

I have no idea what anyone means when they refer to "MAGA" or "MAGA Republicans".  To me, MAGA is simply a slogan, similar to the one used by DeSantis.  I have no issue with anyone who voted for Trump especially considering I voted for Trump this last time.  I don't understand the Trump worshipers just like I don't understand those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.  

It played a part but I would argue if there had been no covid he would have won

Well I didn't see anything that happened election night as unexpected at all. 

Maryland elected it's first African American governor and AG, and its first female comptroller. The governor is young and a business guy which is typically what we tend to elect here. A lot of whack-a-doos did not make it. My county is being slow as always and haven't even bothered to count the mail-ins yet, so we have to wait and see about a couple races. Two important amendments passed - one for legal marijuana and the one for requiring the politician to actually live in the county they represent. All of the ethics measures to hopefully put the mayor in check (which we can't impeach because there's nothing written in the charter) all passed, for what little good it will do, as most of the people that got re-elected are all problematic and up to their necks in corruption.  All of our write-ins failed... that is a shame, they were good people, and really wanted to try to help this county.

No wave huh? It'd be great if people could stop hyping things on both sides. Did not think this would even be remotely close to a washout. I see a lot of pundits accusing young people for like.... actually... voting? And others arguing that they need to try and appeal to young people. Well if republicans want to appeal to younger voters, they are going to have to make some decisions about what is more important. I hear McCarthy will get challenged, and that is a good thing... that guy strikes me as very unpleasant and just in it for power, not for any kind of smarts.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23