2,974 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Priya25 said:

@TBoneTX  The joke worked again.  I received my i-360 approval today This is such a relief, to be honest I wasn't very hopeful but left everything in gods hand.

I felt that I should share here first as this news gives happiness and hope to most of the members in this group.  
Off-course I want to thank every one who is helping and supporting us here. Thank you so much. :)

Congrats! on to the next step

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Desert Storm said:

Hi @sandranj and @gramercy 

I am recipient of Green card through VAWA and I have filed for naturalization a month ago. I have also got married to my wife who is India. I sponsored for her and her I-130 was approved recently and her case is with NVC, probably waiting for a visa number to be available. 

In the meantime, my anxiety and depression has been getting worse. My primary care has  put me on anti depressants. Given my health condition, do you think I can request that my wife’s case be processed faster so she can come and stay with me to help with the situation. At work I am not allowed go and work from there anymore, I have a written email. 

is it worth trying to request and have my wife’s case be expedited? 

You can ask to expedite, but I doubt they will expedite the case .

16 hours ago, Desert Storm said:

Given my health condition, do you think I can request that my wife’s case be processed faster so she can come and stay with me to help with the situation.

Unfortunately, regardless of your medical condition, your wife's visa case cannot be expedited if her case Priority Date (PD) is not current.  PD for F2A India on the July 2023 visa bulletin is 08 Sep 2020.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, Priya25 said:

@TBoneTX  The joke worked again.  I received my i-360 approval today This is such a relief, to be honest I wasn't very hopeful but left everything in gods hand.

I felt that I should share here first as this news gives happiness and hope to most of the members in this group.  
Off-course I want to thank every one who is helping and supporting us here. Thank you so much. :)

Congratulations!!!

21 hours ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello everyone! 
I just want to share with you that i just got my green card. 
I want to say thank you to all the good people who are investing their valuable time to help everyone here. 

Here is my timeline: 
Filed I-360, i485 - June 2020
February 2023 Vawa approved
April 2023 - RFE medical for I485
June 2023 - Green card approved 

Thank you everyone and good luck to everyone who is waiting. You all got this! 

Congratulations!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/22/2023 at 9:45 PM, Desert Storm said:

I am recipient of Green card through VAWA and I have filed for naturalization a month ago. I have also got married to my wife who is India. I sponsored for her and her I-130 was approved recently and her case is with NVC, probably waiting for a visa number to be available. 

In the meantime, my anxiety and depression has been getting worse. My primary care has  put me on anti depressants. Given my health condition, do you think I can request that my wife’s case be processed faster so she can come and stay with me to help with the situation. At work I am not allowed go and work from there anymore, I have a written email. 

No expedite as long as you are an LPR she has to wait 5 years before she is approved

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:45 PM, Desert Storm said:

I’m also doing my immigrant visa through consular processing. You can definitely expedite the NVC process but the reason for expedite has to be a severe emergency. From what I’ve seen with other people, depression is not considered an emergency so, unfortunately, it will most likely be denied. 

btw we have a telegram chat group for the NVC and consular processing, let me know if you want to join and I’ll send you the link. Many people in the group have expedited and it was a success but mostly for military reasons or severe medical emergencies like surgeries or a serious Illness. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, J2020 said:

I’m also doing my immigrant visa through consular processing. You can definitely expedite the NVC process but the reason for expedite has to be a severe emergency. From what I’ve seen with other people, depression is not considered an emergency so, unfortunately, it will most likely be denied. 

btw we have a telegram chat group for the NVC and consular processing, let me know if you want to join and I’ll send you the link. Many people in the group have expedited and it was a success but mostly for military reasons or severe medical emergencies like surgeries or a serious Illness. 

Yes if you can send me a link to the telegram group

thanks

On 6/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, sandranj said:

You can ask to expedite, but I doubt they will expedite the case .

@sandranj is it possible to expedite my N400 case

On 6/24/2023 at 5:39 AM, J2020 said:

Same. thx.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Received an RFE for Medicals in March. Sent them in April 7th. Still haven't received any confirmation notice or interview scheduled from USCIS. Extremely frustrating, as I am trying to apply for school in the fall and it's getting close.

It's just so frustrating, especially when they ask you to submit something, you do so as quick as you can, and then just radio silence

10 hours ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Same. thx.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:08 PM, Desert Storm said:

Yes if you can send me a link to the telegram group

thanks

@sandranj is it possible to expedite my N400 case

I’ll message you both the link to the NVC group 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday -- time for our approval-evoking* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke!

*if correlation = causation

=============================================
GOD'S CONVERSATION WITH THE BLONDE NUN

One night, a blonde nun was praying in her room when God appeared before her.

"My daughter, you have pleased Me greatly.  Your heart is full of love for your fellow creatures, and your actions and prayers are always for the benefit of others.  I have come to you, not only to thank and commend you, but to grant you anything you wish," said God.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I am perfectly happy and am doing what I love.  I lack for nothing.  I feel content in all ways," said the nun.

"There must be something that you would have of Me," said God.

"Well, there is one thing," she said.

"Just name it," said God.

"It's those Blonde Jokes.  They are so demeaning to blondes everywhere, not just to me.  I would like for Blonde Jokes to stop."

"Consider it done," said God.  "Blonde Jokes shall be stricken from the minds of human beings everywhere.  But surely there is something that I could do just for you."

"There is one thing, but it's really small, and not worth your time," said the nun.

"Please name it," said God.

"It's the M&M's," said the nun.  "They're so hard to peel."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, J2020 said:

my 824 to transfer my approved petition to the NVC has finally been approved

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.