2,974 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DeeeHT said:

Thank you so much 🙏🏾  I don’t have the receipt for the i765 yet. I applied for it middle of December 2022 and I’m still waiting. Every time I try to call USCIS about it, they are unable to give me any information because I have no receipt #. I’ll try the senator for my i360. I live in Texas. I just started the application process and I’m trying to put my documents together. Thank you. 

I was in same situation when i applied my current EAD. I did not get my receipts until i reached out to my congress person. I provided them my A# then they were able to get me the receipt notices. 

51 minutes ago, balo101 said:

I do not think it is common for USCIS to deny EAD. My i-485 was denied and it was reopened back in 2019, Since then i have been renewing my i-765. I did it for 3 times.  

That’s what I thought too. When I look up the previous i485 that was initially denied and reopened, it still says case is reopened. I applied for i765 in 2020 and another in 2022 with that i485 and both got denied. I just filed a new i485 and i765 in Dec 2022 and I’m waiting for the receipts # so I can try to expedite my EAD. I really pray my i360 gets approved asap. 

3 minutes ago, balo101 said:

I was in same situation when i applied my current EAD. I did not get my receipts until i reached out to my congress person. I provided them my A# then they were able to get me the receipt notices. 

Oh thanks. I’ll do that right away. Hopefully that would do something. It’s been 2months and no receipts yet. 

1 hour ago, Timileyin said:

After staying in an abusive marriage for two years,I came back home one day and discovered that my wife has left with everything in the house and relocated to another state.this was when we already had a date for my immigration interview.it was like the end of the world to me and I was in total darkness as all evidence and hopes gone with impossibility in my sight.my work permit expired after some months and things were so hard.i held on tightly to God with fervent prayers day-in,day-out.i presented my case to lawyers and I was told,I can't win VAWA as I can't present evidence without proof.i started the VAWA process by myself without the help of any attorney.prima facie was given at the beginning and after two years,I was given letter to provide more evidence.i wrote them again with the little to nothing evidence but God took the glory and December 2022,my VAWA was approved.dont give up,settle your case in the spiritual realm by prayer and You will experience victory in the physical.

Absolutely thrilled for you! Every dead thing comes alive in the hands of the most high!!!🙏💯 Awesome God!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Prayer has power.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Acoxy said:

I  got a nofication on My I485 - New card production

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, Acoxy said:

To God be the glory, I  got a nofication on My I485 - New card production. My VAWA journey came to an end Exactly 3 years that I filed my application.

Thanks to this forum for the valuable info that helped me along the way.

I will update the house on my time-lines later. Just overwhelmed with Joy at the moment. 

Wow 🤩 congratulations 🎊🎈🍾🎉 God be praised! All glory to the most high!🙏💯🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Acoxy said:

To God be the glory, I  got a nofication on My I485 - New card production. My VAWA journey came to an end Exactly 3 years that I filed my application.

I will update the house on my time-lines later. Just overwhelmed with Joy at the moment. 

Congratulations...  keep helping others in this group...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

February 10th, 2023 i got an update on my VAWA application saying Request for Additional Evidence was sent. Fingers crossed they don't have BIG LIST. Any idea what they might be looking for.

I have already sent out the complete package except affidavit from friends and family.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, God is a good God said:

Hello VJ family. 
i am just desperate now. I received a RFE after my i485 interview and the RFE was to file a waiver I-601 and after receiving the i601 receipt notice , I should mail that receipt to the local office and the IO will take a final decision on my I485. 
             But my lawyer sent my i601 waiver to Vermont. And Vermont returned it saying my i485 case number start with SRC and advised us to send it to TEXAS instead. My lawyer sent it to Texas on the 15 December and till now USCIS hasn’t cashed my check and no receipt notice.

since the RFE Grace period was expiring on January 7, my lawyer sent a copy of I601 and a letter to my local office explaining that we haven’t received the i601 receipt notice yet.

The Texas uscis zip code is 75266 but the i601 was delivered, it went to zip code 75260. After some research it looks like uscis has private zip code 75260. All packages sent to zip code 75266 get transferred to to the actual P.O. Box of uscis having 75260 as zip code.

until now , uscis hasn’t cashed my check for i601 and the IO hasn’t made a decision on my i485 with the copy of I 601 that we sent as RFE. I’m stuck 🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️

Hello guys, today my I601 waiver package got returned by USCIS again . With a letter saying that they don’t need it at this point. What does it mean?
My local office asked me for I601 after i485 interview. Sent i601 to Vermont and Vermont returned it first and told us to send it to Texas and today got a letter from Vermont again saying they don’t need a i601 at this point and didn’t cash the check. What does it mean?

5 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello guys, today my I601 waiver package got returned by USCIS again . With a letter saying that they don’t need it at this point. What does it mean?
My local office asked me for I601 after i485 interview. Sent i601 to Vermont and Vermont returned it first and told us to send it to Texas and today got a letter from Vermont again saying they don’t need a i601 at this point and didn’t cash the check. What does it mean?

Take the letter to your local office you might don't need a waiver there's possibility they approve your case 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
21 hours ago, Acoxy said:

Congratulations 

I’m September 2018 filler.

My Status changed from APPROVED (1/6/2023) to “Case Was Reopened for Reconsideration”   (1/9/2023)  and If you do not receive your notice by February 8, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I didn’t get the notice since last week and my attorney sent e request yesterday and we got the following email.

Thank you for your request: USCIS will review and process the request Expect a reply by March 13, 2023 your request ID number is SRXXXXXXXVSC.

My questions:

Is this normal and when can I get the physical letter? Thanks family

Edited by i-need-help-pls

1 hour ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Congratulations 

I’m September 2018 filler.

My Status changed from APPROVED (1/6/2023) to “Case Was Reopened for Reconsideration”   (1/9/2023)  and If you do not receive your notice by February 8, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I didn’t get the notice since last week and my attorney sent e request yesterday and we got the following email.

Thank you for your request: USCIS will review and process the request Expect a reply by March 13, 2023 your request ID number is SRXXXXXXXVSC.

My questions:

Is this normal and when can I get the physical letter? Thanks family

@i-need-help-pls

Was this on your I360 or I485?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.