2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

Folks here are eager for approvals, and it is Wednesday, so here is our lucky Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================
AND THAT'S WHEN THE FIGHT STARTED...

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive.  I took her to a gas station. That's when the fight started...

I took my wife to a restaurant.  The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.  "I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please."  He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"  "Nah, she can order for herself."  And that's when the fight started...

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for $14.95.  Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.  I told her that the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream would.  And that's when the fight started...

I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"  It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.  "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.  I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"  And that's when the fight started...

"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"

"No, the dress doesn't make you look fat.  You ARE fat!"

And that's when the fight started...

:P 

"Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.  I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"  And that's when the fight started...hahahahhahaha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
21 minutes ago, sandranj said:

"Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.  I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"  And that's when the fight started...hahahahhahaha

This one's indeed great, but I like the last one best. :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 9/27/2022 at 10:56 AM, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, did anyone had issue with renewing their driver license after getting C31 EAD

I also have c09, I went to renew my license 30 May, the cases was just pending verification with save, then dmv application was expired , I did new application on august 30th, the case is still pending with SAVE verification? any one had the same issue or have any thoughts how to get it renewed. I tried to get info pass but it was denied due to high unavailability of appointments at the field office in Houston?

You are not alone in this. I waited for 2 months to renew with my C31 EAD and got stuck with SAVE. When I was eventually cleared, I only got my license renewed for 1 year instead of 2 years. The DMV officer told me that SAVE only confirms the duration of my C31 for 1 year. It was so annoying.

52 minutes ago, Cartdeb said:

How long after applying for VAWA do they issue the work permit? Also do they send a request for your biometrics first ? I applied under class C9 

Right now EAD is taking almost 10 months. However, i personally know few people who got approved within 4 to 7 months.

Do you have pending i-485? 

4 hours ago, Royal Seed said:

You are not alone in this. I waited for 2 months to renew with my C31 EAD and got stuck with SAVE. When I was eventually cleared, I only got my license renewed for 1 year instead of 2 years. The DMV officer told me that SAVE only confirms the duration of my C31 for 1 year. It was so annoying.

I see, I've tried everything but nothing went through, so I guess I am gonna wait patiently, it's been almost 4 months now, but the case is still under review at save.

OMG OMG! New card is being produced for my C31 … status has changed just now! 

🙈🙊

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@sandranj @Demiseand others

My C31 EAD is expiring on Feb 2023. However, i have EAD c09 which is expiring on May 2024. what do you think should i renew my C31? if i do not renew will that effect me with anyway? Thanks

It will not affect your case.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:56 AM, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, did anyone had issue with renewing their driver license after getting C31 EAD

I also have c09, I went to renew my license 30 May, the cases was just pending verification with save, then dmv application was expired , I did new application on august 30th, the case is still pending with SAVE verification? any one had the same issue or have any thoughts how to get it renewed. I tried to get info pass but it was denied due to high unavailability of appointments at the field office in Houston?

It happened to me before . Usually if the SAVE results doesn’t come back after 30 days they have no choice but to issue you a Driver License for 2-8 month depending on Manager’s discretion (in my case they renewed my DL for 8 month ). You have to press them on that otherwise they will tell you to wait . 

5 minutes ago, Reister said:

It happened to me before . Usually if the SAVE results doesn’t come back after 30 days they have no choice but to issue you a Driver License for 2-8 month depending on Manager’s discretion (in my case they renewed my DL for 8 month ). You have to press them on that otherwise they will tell you to wait . 

Thank you I didn't know that, I will go in today to talk to them about it.I've be waiting for almost 4 months, and had one driver license application expire on me. 

Thank you for the advice.

10 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you I didn't know that, I will go in today to talk to them about it.I've be waiting for almost 4 months, and had one driver license application expire on me. 

Thank you for the advice.

Just in case if you have a SAVE case number check it on SAVE website and take a screen shot of it . In there it shows if you don’t receive an update within 21 days please contact your benefit issuing agency . So that way they can’t deny issuing you a DL. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.