Hamster X

RFE asked for documents already submitted (merged)

75 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hamster X said:

Because technically tax transcript = 1040 plus W-2s and 1099s. People usually submit either the tax transcript alone or that combo. Some folks here said that my mistake was to submit both, I really don't know.

They're probably right saying it. If you provide both, give all information and not partial. Adding partial evidence does not help, it hurts the case.

20 minutes ago, OldUser said:

They're probably right saying it. If you provide both, give all information and not partial. Adding partial evidence does not help, it hurts the case.

Maybe that's why the consulting attorney now recommends submitting every single item (W-2s and 1040s from all 3 years)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, OldUser said:

@Hamster X You have plenty of time to respond to RFE. If I was in your shoes, I'd get advice from an immigration attorney, to make sure the reponse to RFE is adequate.

Then mail it (so you have a proof of providing it). Mailing also solves any issues with signature.

That's my opinion only

You don't need an attorney for this

4 hours ago, Hamster X said:

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.33.25 PM.png

Mail it and upload too..but definitely make sure it's mailed.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

5 hours ago, Hamster X said:

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.33.25 PM.png

Keywords "if applicable".

It's not applicable to you because one cannot file I485 and the accompanying I864 ONLINE. It is currently a paper filled form only. 

Respond to the RFE by mail. 

4 hours ago, Hamster X said:

Maybe that's why the consulting attorney now recommends submitting every single item (W-2s and 1040s from all 3 years)

I did the same. Uploaded the transcripts from 2019, 2020 and 2021 but only the W2, 1040, 1099 and Schedules from 2021. I’m DQ and had no issue.

As far as I know, they only look for the latest tax returns.

I’m not an expert but this is how it went for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Timona said:

You don't need an attorney for this

When one gets an RFE for I-864, a professional to go over the response is a good idea because you get just one opportunity. After that if USCIS rejects the RFE response, IMO, the I-485 is rejected.  The fees for I-485 are gone  and the only practical DIY response is to file a new I-485 package.  

There are professionals without law degrees who will provide this service (reviewing I-864). 

9 hours ago, NikoTaino said:

I did the same. Uploaded the transcripts from 2019, 2020 and 2021 but only the W2, 1040, 1099 and Schedules from 2021. I’m DQ and had no issue.

As far as I know, they only look for the latest tax returns.

I’m not an expert but this is how it went for me.

That's what I initially submitted for the first filing.

Did you mean that you submitted those for an RFE or the first filing? What does DQ mean?

Just now, Hamster X said:

That's what I initially submitted for the first filing.

Did you mean that you submitted those for an RFE or the first filing? What does DQ mean?

First filling.

DQ means “Documentarily Qualified”. It’s what NVC says once your profile is reviewed and it’s approved.

1 minute ago, NikoTaino said:

First filling.

DQ means “Documentarily Qualified”. It’s what NVC says once your profile is reviewed and it’s approved.

Ah..your case makes me even more confused. I literally submitted the exact same materials and a consulting attorney helped me go over the I-864 form before I filed.

Is this kind of thing just..random?

10 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Keywords "if applicable".

It's not applicable to you because one cannot file I485 and the accompanying I864 ONLINE. It is currently a paper filled form only. 

Respond to the RFE by mail. 

Makes sense, thank you. I will respond by mail.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

When one gets an RFE for I-864, a professional to go over the response is a good idea because you get just one opportunity. After that if USCIS rejects the RFE response, IMO, the I-485 is rejected.  The fees for I-485 are gone  and the only practical DIY response is to file a new I-485 package.  

There are professionals without law degrees who will provide this service (reviewing I-864). 

I'll go over the form later with a consulting only attorney. In fact he helped us go over the forms the first time.

Just now, Hamster X said:

Makes sense, thank you. I will respond by mail.

I'll go over the form later with a consulting only attorney. In fact he helped us go over the forms the first time.

I believe the RFE letter will list all you need to provide or send to the USCIS. Just follow the instructions on the letter and mail them to them. Also, include a cover letter that shows the list of documents sent. 

7 minutes ago, Hamster X said:

Ah..your case makes me even more confused. I literally submitted the exact same materials and a consulting attorney helped me go over the I-864 form before I filed.

Is this kind of thing just..random?

If you read threads in this sub section you can see many people being issued RFEs for I-864 & supporting docs, even if they submitted them already. It seems like a frequent RFE.

Also, to clear up the confusion you mentioned,  @NikoTaino is going through consular processing overseas, different agencies reviewing documents

Edited by powerpuff

3 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

If you read threads in this sub section you can see many people being issued RFEs for I-864 & supporting docs, even if they submitted them already. It seems like a frequent RFE.

Also, to clear up the confusion you mentioned,  @NikoTaino is going through consular processing overseas, different agencies reviewing documents

Interesting. That could impact the result then.

4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

It is interesting that different offices have different standards. 

I'm actually AOS from O-1, have been living here for 10 years and been working / paying tax. I thought about posting this in the AOS from work visa forum instead but now my AOS is family based.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.