islandgirl80

Interview is coming soon

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am preparing what documents should I bring to my interview. I applied under 5 yr rule.  I am going to bring my tax transcripts ( 7 yrs), GC, SSN, DL, my n400 application form, the interview letter, marriage certificate, my old and new passports, hubby’s divorce decree, his birth certificate, his DL (photo copy), his military id (photo copy) and his US passport. Anything else that I need to bring? 

1 hour ago, islandgirl80 said:

Hello everyone. I am preparing what documents should I bring to my interview. I applied under 5 yr rule.  I am going to bring my tax transcripts ( 7 yrs), GC, SSN, DL, my n400 application form, the interview letter, marriage certificate, my old and new passports, hubby’s divorce decree, his birth certificate, his DL (photo copy), his military id (photo copy) and his US passport. Anything else that I need to bring? 

If you are applying for citizenship under the 5 year rule, is the spouse documentation even necessary?  

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

@Jorgedig of course it can be asked. The forms ask for spouse details. The whole immigration history can be reviewed during naturalization process.

I didn't say anything about what the form asks for.

It would seem that if someone is applying under the 5 year rule, that is not tied to the spouse or marriage in any way, so the supporting documentation would not be needed.

7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I didn't say anything about what the form asks for.

It would seem that if someone is applying under the 5 year rule, that is not tied to the spouse or marriage in any way, so the supporting documentation would not be needed.

Well, they are tied, since the petitioner got their immigration benefit (green card) through marriage to USC or green card holder initially. The interview may not have as many questions about spouse as when filing under 3 year rule, but still. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

If you are applying for citizenship under the 5 year rule, is the spouse documentation even necessary?  

It is possible if she got her GC through marriage.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, islandgirl80 said:

You have everything that you would need, most times they don’t ask you to show as it should be already in their system when you filled out the N400 but you can never be to prepared, I wish u luck on your interview :) .

also don’t forget to practice for the civics test.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

1 hour ago, MASH said:

It is possible if she got her GC through marriage.

I’m sure she did.   But her naturalization is not through marriage.

I got my GC through marriage, my naturalization was under 5 years. I still brought everything with me from my 485 and 751 (divorce waiver). 

The IO did have my entire a file and could refer to it at anytime so while I didn't need to provide documents per se, but it was good that I prepped to be questioned about dates and all.

Bringing it won't kill you, if it increases your comfort level for the day then go for it. If they don't ask for it then great, if they do then you have it.

Edited by Happymallymute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
15 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

No photo copys of his military ID. It's not allowed.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Inside-DOD/Blog/Article/2061835/did-you-know-photocopying-a-government-id-is-illegal/ Says otherwise 

This law does NOT apply to medical establishments like hospitals and doctor’s offices who are allowed to make a copy for filing insurance claims. It also doesn’t apply to other government agencies that are using the copied ID to perform official government business.”

if OP received expedited immigration benefits as a spouse of a member of the armed forces then I would bring the photo copy of the military ID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.