Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Balakasha said:

Just notice that you had same FO with me. But I had green card already and applied under 3 yr-rule. 

Another one I knew had interview notice within 6 months with pending I-751. Hope you'd get it soon.

Thank you! We hope so, too.

7 minutes ago, Sellamalola said:

You guys!! So I had my n400 interview yesterday, the appointment was at 10.55 am and we got there at 10.12am and by the time we were allowed in and through security it was about 10.30 ish, they called me about 5-10 ish minutes after 10:55, it was pretty light very few people, after the officer sworn me in he asked me to produce my dl, passport, social and gc, verified my info and then we did the civics test, passed, we did the reading and writing and he told me I passed, we did did the yes and no then he asked for the taxes, trips and marriage certificate just because my passport still has maiden name and said that he sees that all the time and I agreed my country makes it really hard to change your name, he actually looked through my i751 packet that was sitting on his desk (all my colored folders were in a huge folder lol), I told him my husband was out there waiting in case we needed another interview for the i751 and he said that he was approving my n400 but he didn’t process i751 so he was going to fwd to his coworker to look at it and approve it but he did want to meet my husband when we were done, he verified the info that is going to appear on my certificate, explained the oath ceremony and said that I was going to be notified as to when the oath ceremony was going to be and where, he walked me out and I called my husband over, coincidentally they grew up in the same neighborhood 🤣 and they had a little chat, shook hands we thanked him for his time and left. About 1/2 hr after we left i751, later that day the n400 went from ‘interview scheduled’ to ‘we recommend for approval’ to ‘we placed you in line for oath’ and this morning it was finally scheduled, I checked online and is in a couple weeks 🎉🎉 this road is finally closed and I’m hysterically happy 🎉🎉 I will come back to update y’all on how everything goes after citizenship and document updates like ssn, dl and finally passport 🤗 I wish you all the best of luck and a speedy process and next 4th of July we can all celebrate this great nation like true Americans 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 

Congratulations! Glad to see you had a good interview experience.. I filed in September and still waiting on my interview schedule in San Diego CA. 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sellamalola said:

<< after the officer sworn me in he asked me to produce my dl, passport, social and gc, verified my info and then we did the civics test, passed, we did the reading and writing and he told me I passed, we did did the yes and no then he asked for the taxes, trips and marriage certificate just because my passport still has maiden name and said that he sees that all the time >>

You mentioned he asked for the 'trips'.  What was he looking for?  Documentation of the trips you took outside of the country as indicated on your N400?

We don't have any airline tickets, etc. for our trips anymore from the last couple of years.  Not sure if I ever read anyone having an N400 in which they were asked to produce anything pertaining to their trips.  I am aware of situations where people were asked about them.  About all we may still have are passport stamps.

45 minutes ago, abc2012 said:

Congratulations! Glad to see you had a good interview experience.. I filed in September and still waiting on my interview schedule in San Diego CA. 😀

Thanks and I’m sorry you’re still waiting for your interview, I promise it’ll come soon my good vibes are out for you and they’re pretty powerful so receive with faith 🌚

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HatoKo said:

Boston here still quiet after finger print waiver.

We're in the same boat.  Boston filer and we submitted the N400 online a month and a half or so AFTER you.  So, I guess we will queue up the egg nog for the holidays and not give this much thought as it seems like it's going to be a while.  Frustrating but nothing we can do about it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

We're in the same boat.  Boston filer and we submitted the N400 online a month and a half or so AFTER you.  So, I guess we will queue up the egg nog for the holidays and not give this much thought as it seems like it's going to be a while.  Frustrating but nothing we can do about it.

True.. hope it's coming soon for us. At least they said Boston always do ceremony the same day with interview 

37 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

You mentioned he asked for the 'trips'.  What was he looking for?  Documentation of the trips you took outside of the country as indicated on your N400?

We don't have any airline tickets, etc. for our trips anymore from the last couple of years.  Not sure if I ever read anyone having an N400 in which they were asked to produce anything pertaining to their trips.  I am aware of situations where people were asked about them.  About all we may still have are passport stamps.

No, he asked about the international trips I’ve taken in the last 5 years which were only two and for less than 15 days in total 💁🏽‍♀️

14 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Did you guys file at 2.9 years or at 3? Idk if it made any difference for me but I waited for the 3 year mark even though I did see ppl who had aos with me who filed at 2.9 and already had their interview and are waiting to be scheduled for oath, so this is totally random, I’m in NY though 🫠

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Sellamalola said:

Did you guys file at 2.9 years or at 3? Idk if it made any difference for me but I waited for the 3 year mark even though I did see ppl who had aos with me who filed at 2.9 and already had their interview and are waiting to be scheduled for oath, so this is totally random, I’m in NY though 🫠

We did it at 2.9.  We're hoping to see some movement on our case in the March-April timeframe but who knows?  We have our eyes on Boston filers who have filed as far back as August.  Nobody has reported an interview date yet but maybe we will start seeing a pattern in the first couple of months of 2023.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Congrats to all those who recently have got their interviews scheduled/completed!! Happy for you all, that is a great way to wrap up the year and the holiday season!!

I’m also I’m the situation where I completed my biometrics in October and not a peep since! I find it hard not to check the website almost daily.. I try not to! But when you see others are getting their interview notices it’s hard not to!! 😄 The waiting is the worst part right now.. if I had the interview date, even if it was 10 months out, I wouldn’t mind! It’s just the not knowing that is killing me lol! It would just be nice to know so you can plan and get situated/ready for the thing! 

Edited by AndrewMc

USCIS Journey

1st September 2015 - I-130 Sent

14th January 2016 - I-130 Petition approved

NVC

8th February - NVC Received case

26th February - NVC Fees "Paid" on website
24th March - DS-260 Sent & confirmation received

10th May - IV Package sent to NVC

20th June - Case compete
28th June - Received Interview confirmation (P4)

Embassy
22nd July - Medical Examination
1st August - Interview date - Approved!!

2nd August - Issued

5th August - Visa in hand

24th October - POE

ROC

21st July 2018 - I751 sent

26th July - NOA received 

31st August - Biometrics appointment

5th September - Fingerprint review was completed

8th July 2019 - ROC Approved!

5th July  - New card is being produced

13th July - 10 year green card received 

Naturalization

23rd September 2022 - N-400 Submitted

24th September - NOA received 

21st October - Biometrics appointment

10th April 2023 - Interview date

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, Sellamalola said:

Thanks and I’m sorry you’re still waiting for your interview, I promise it’ll come soon my good vibes are out for you and they’re pretty powerful so receive with faith 🌚

Thank you! I have received them positively and also send some to NBC. Hoping for a Christmas present. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Filed on sep22,2022. Fingerprints waived. Just checked my online account and interview has been scheduled for January. Brooklyn NY.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.