Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

That's fantastic!  You need to plan for a dual interview, just in case! Good luck!!!

Absolutely! We will start putting all together. Thanks 

09/15/21 Filed I-751 package

09/16/21 Package received at USCIS lockbox

09/18/21 Fees charged to credit card. Case number assigned

09/23/21 I-797 Extension received (24 months)

10/25/21 Received Biometrics Waiver Letter (Dated 10/21/21)

12/28/22  Case Transferred To Another Office

01/12/23 Case Approved

09/16/22 Filed N400 online

09/23/2022 NOA and Biometrics letters received 

01/11/2023 Interview (combo N400/I751)

01/11/2023 Naturalization was Approved

01/12/2023 Oath Ceremony. Certificate of Naturalization was issued

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received a call from USCIS yesterday saying that my spouse has to come with me to the N400 interview. I assume this means it will be a combo interview since the I-751 is pending...I haven't seen any changes in its status though. Anyone else have had this, or heard about this happening?

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

8 minutes ago, Canadian87 said:

Had my interview today. 

It was one of the first ones of the day, so we didn't end up waiting too long. The IO was really nice and personable. He conducted the I-751 interview first with my spouse. Asked us a few questions about how we met etc. Then asked me a few questions about her family. He approved it and we gave a few updated bank statements etc. as updated support. He then moved on to the N-400 interview, my spouse was able to stay in the office. He asked me 6 civic questions (got them all right) and then I had to write out one sentence. He asked a few questions from the Yes/No list and then had me confirm the spelling of my name etc. He said I've been approved, but he has to approve the I-751 in the system first before he can approve the N-400 so I will see the status change online and will be mailed a letter for my oath ceremony. 

Can't believe this journey is (almost) over. 

Congrats. 

Just wish I had the scheduled interview notice right now. Lol

2 hours ago, Canadian87 said:

Had my interview today. 

It was one of the first ones of the day, so we didn't end up waiting too long. The IO was really nice and personable. He conducted the I-751 interview first with my spouse. Asked us a few questions about how we met etc. Then asked me a few questions about her family. He approved it and we gave a few updated bank statements etc. as updated support. He then moved on to the N-400 interview, my spouse was able to stay in the office. He asked me 6 civic questions (got them all right) and then I had to write out one sentence. He asked a few questions from the Yes/No list and then had me confirm the spelling of my name etc. He said I've been approved, but he has to approve the I-751 in the system first before he can approve the N-400 so I will see the status change online and will be mailed a letter for my oath ceremony. 

Congratulations.  You guys are almost done!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, Canadian87 said:

Had my interview today. 

Congratulations soon no more USCIS  🎉🍾🎊🎈 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another step closer. Status changed to 'Recommended for approval...' to 'Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled' over the weekend (surprised to see USCIS working on weekends). Hoping the oath ceremony will be soon. The IO said they sometimes call people instead of mailing out a notice if the oath ceremony date is too close for the mail to arrive in time. Fingers crossed. 

However no movement on the status for the I-751; but I'm not too worried about that. The N400 is more important and we had the combo interview. 

Edited by Canadian87
Adding details.

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Canadian87 said:

Another step closer. Status changed to 'Recommended for approval...' to 'Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled' over the weekend (surprised to see USCIS working on weekends). Hoping the oath ceremony will be soon. The IO said they sometimes call people instead of mailing out a notice if the oath ceremony date is too close for the mail to arrive in time. Fingers crossed. 

However no movement on the status for the I-751; but I'm not too worried about that. The N400 is more important and we had the combo interview. 

Oh, wow! This is so exciting!

Just now, Balakasha said:

Congrats. Everyone got the interview notification, but not me 😔

Thank you.  Hopefully you will get yours soon.  I think there is a delay due to holidays.  Hang in there.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

My wife just received interview notification online for her N-400.  Interview date is 1/31/2023.  

Excellent!!! The journey is almost over! Congratulations!

Just now, Joyoussinger said:

Excellent!!! The journey is almost over! Congratulations!

Thank you, Joy.  Hopefully you will get your interview notification soon.  

Timeline
37 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Thank you, Joy.  Hopefully you will get your interview notification soon.  

Thank you! So do we!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.