Tonez

RFE for I-693 (even though DS-3025 was completed)

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/31/2022 at 6:36 AM, Timona said:

Save yourself some money and visit the below link. Put your zip code and go for the cheapest @Tonez

https://www.easyime.com/

Thank you.

I put my zip code in and it doesn't list any near me (nearest is 89 miles away).

The USCIS site lists 5 within 10 miles of me

Edited by Tonez

Timeline
On 8/30/2022 at 4:36 PM, Tim&Pashy said:

What I've read on the instructions for the I-693 is that even if you got your exam before a year is up, you still have to submit an i-693 form but you only need to do sections 1-5 and 7 instead of the whole thing. 

As said above, this only applies if your medical is incomplete, such as vaccines. I made sure mine was complete as I knew it would be cheaper to pay for vaccines in the UK than it would be to pay for them here.,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tonez said:

As said above, this only applies if your medical is incomplete, such as vaccines. I made sure mine was complete as I knew it would be cheaper to pay for vaccines in the UK than it would be to pay for them here.,

Call those near you and ask the price and soonest availability for a immigration exam.  

Remember with a new exam you have a new medical date of record and the immunisation clearance from London is void. For example if you don’t get in before October 1, you will need a flu shot because flu season (for immigration) begins 1-Oct. If any shot was waived because of an insufficient time interval, enough time may have passed when a new exam date happens. Take your DS-3025 record so the civil surgeon can transcribe all the shots to your new record (I693). Take your immunisation list from your GP as well. Belt and braces. 😂 

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Call those near you and ask the price and soonest availability for a immigration exam.  

Remember with a new exam you have a new medical date of record and the immunisation clearance from London is void. For example if you don’t get in before October 1, you will need a flu shot because flu season (for immigration) begins 1-Oct. If any shot was waived because of an insufficient time interval, enough time may have passed when a new exam date happens. Take your DS-3025 record so the civil surgeon can transcribe all the shots to your new record (I693).

Thank you.

I've managed to get one booked for Tuesday and already have everything including the DS-3025 ready to go

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tonez said:

Thank you.

I've managed to get one booked for Tuesday and already have everything including the DS-3025 ready to go

How much is the exam?

Also note my edit about taking your GP list of immunisations if you have it. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, Pinkrlion said:

Resubmit the I-693.  They plan to waive your interview, but cannot do so without an updated medical.  

How do you know they plan to waiver the interview here? I just got this same RFE and have the exact same problem. Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Juan&Rocio said:

How do you know they plan to waiver the interview here? I just got this same RFE and have the exact same problem. Thank you 

If your interview wasn’t getting waived then instead of an RFE, you would have likely received a “Notice of Deficiency” warning you that you need a new I-693 before your interview.   

Instead you have likely delayed the arrival of your green card.  

I always advise people filing I-485 to get a new medical even if they have already had one for K-1.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 12/25/2022 at 5:57 AM, Mike E said:

If your interview wasn’t getting waived then instead of an RFE, you would have likely received a “Notice of Deficiency” warning you that you need a new I-693 before your interview.   

Instead you have likely delayed the arrival of your green card.  

I always advise people filing I-485 to get a new medical even if they have already had one for K-1.  

Ok thanks. So I received this same notice on Saturday. We have a new medical appointment

today so I can respond to the RFIE before January 25th 2023. This is my second RFIE, the first one was for a mistake in the I864 back in September. My wife received her EAD but the I485 and AP apps are still pending . She did her biometrics but this 2nd   RFIE has been the latest update since we responded to the1st one back in September. Do you see this trend as the interview waiver since it wasn’t a deficiency notice ? Thank you for your help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Juan&Rocio said:

Do you see this trend as the interview waiver since it wasn’t a deficiency notice ?

Yes.  The pattern is repeatable and I’ve never seen an RFE for a medical followed by an interview. 

Regardless it doesn’t matter. Failure to respond to RFEs produces a denial. 

Edited by Mike E

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/28/2022 at 9:36 AM, Mike E said:

Yes.  The pattern is repeatable and I’ve never seen an RFE for a medical followed by an interview. 

Regardless it doesn’t matter. Failure to respond to RFEs produces a denial. 

Good information, thanks

We got RFE for medical, then 2 days later email saying our AOS is approved.

Someone said beware of glitch in system because email was sent on a Saturday (non-working day).  We'll just 'hang loose' and wait for an official notification in the mail.

Appreciate the suggestion to find a cheaper doctor elsewhere, as the one here is charging $340 🙄🤮🤬

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

@Tonez Hi, did you end re-doing a medical in USA?

Same case here, I just got an RFE "Submit a completed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record" by mail to my local office (It is not a deficiency request which in that case means they lost your medical). 

I completed with the vaccines during my medical overseas with K1 visa but I noticed in my USCIS account that several of the documents sent with my AOS were not scanned - including the DS-3025. I applied AOS on Sept 2021, my medical and visa were under the 6 months validation but medical was done before they changed the DS-3025 form that includes the COVID vaccine record and I was off season for flu shot. Still my DS-3025 marks "K1 visa applicant voluntary completed vaccination requirements".

Another K1-AOS filler just replied the RFE by uploading on his USCIS account a copy of the DS-3025 and his GC got approved a month later. So Today, I just did the same: uploaded copy of my DS-3025 highlighted that I completed vaccination and the date summited and, even at that moment was not mandatory, I also uploaded a copy of my COVID card.

*I called a USCIS doctor and she laughed about USCIS asking for another medical when mine was completed overseas. Cost = $310USD.

Has someone else respond the RFE by summiting the DS-3025?

Thanks!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, PauAndKenny said:

Same case here, I just got an RFE "Submit a completed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record" by mail to my local office (It is not a deficiency request which in that case means they lost your medical). 

I completed with the vaccines during my medical overseas with K1 visa but I noticed in my USCIS account that several of the documents sent with my AOS were not scanned - including the DS-3025. I applied AOS on Sept 2021, my medical and visa were under the 6 months validation but medical was done before they changed the DS-3025 form that includes the COVID vaccine record and I was off season for flu shot. Still my DS-3025 marks "K1 visa applicant voluntary completed vaccination requirements".

Another K1-AOS filler just replied the RFE by uploading on his USCIS account a copy of the DS-3025 and his GC got approved a month later. So Today, I just did the same: uploaded copy of my DS-3025 highlighted that I completed vaccination and the date summited and, even at that moment was not mandatory, I also uploaded a copy of my COVID card.

*I called a USCIS doctor and she laughed about USCIS asking for another medical when mine was completed overseas. Cost = $310USD.

Thanks!  

Hi yes. I ended up having the medical redone as requested in the RFE. A couple weeks later they sent another RFE asking for the same medical, AGAIN!

I contacted my congress representative who did whatever she does, and my case and Green Card were approved less than 48 hours later

Timeline

My husband was in the same situation, but he got another medical, and after sending it in was approved for his green card 7 business days later! We just received his physical card yesterday :)  Seems like this is becoming a more common RFE, but it means you're super super close!

K-1 Timeline                                                                                                                                               AOS + EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F Sent: 2020-10-10                                                                                                                            I-485, I-765, and I-131 Sent: 2021-12-20

I-129F Delivered / NOA1: 2020-10-19 (9 days)                                                                                      I-485, I-765, and I-131 Delivered: 2021-12-22 (2 days)

I-129F Payment Processed: 2020-11-11 (23 days)                                                                               I-485, I-765, and I-131 Payment Processed: 2021-12-23 (1 day)

I-129F Text Received : 2020-11-12 (1 day)                                                                                             I-485, I-765, and I-131 NOA1: 2021-12-24 (1 day)

I-129F NOA2: 2021-05-21 (6 months and 9 days)                                                                                I-485, I-765, and I-131 Text Received: 2021-12-26 (2 days)

NVC Received & Case # Assigned: 2021-06-11 (21 days)                                                                  I-485 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2021-12-29 (3 days)

NVC Left: 2021-08-31 (2 months and 20 days)                                                                                     I-485 RFE Received (I-864 proof of income): 2022-01-04 (6 days)

London Consulate Received: 2021-09-03 (3 days)                                                                               I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (online): 2022-01-11 (7 days)

London Medical: 2021-09-30 (27 days) / Results Sent: 2021-10-06 (6 days post-medical)         I-485 Biometrics Appointment: 2022-01-25 (14 days)

London Interview (approved pending medical results): 2021-10-08 (8 days)                                  I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2022-02-26 (32 days)

K1 Visa Received: 2021-10-18 (10 days)                                                                                               I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Re-Scheduled: 2022-03-05 (7 days)

Entered US at LAX: 2021-10-31 (13 days)                                                                                              I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment: 2022-03-28 (23 days)

Married in CA: 2021-12-09 (39 days)                                                                                                      I-765 Approved: 2022-06-10 (74 days)

I-765 Received: 2022-06-17 (7 days)

I-485 Interview Waived: 2022-07-13 [according to USCIS Live Agent]

I-485 RFE Received (I-693 new medical): 2022-12-15

I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (in person): 2023-01-18

I-485 Approved: 2023-01-27

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 1/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, PauAndKenny said:

Thanks!  

I did the same thing online, somewhat accidentally. Now I'm freaking out about not giving them all they asked for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, kappy66 said:

I did the same thing online, somewhat accidentally. Now I'm freaking out about not giving them all they asked for.

I contacted USCIS to confirm they received my DS-3025. They told me USCIS final decision might take 60 days. So if they do not approved I still have 30 days to summit another medical. 

By the way my husband also contacted their Congressmen and they sent an inquiry. Hope that works! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.