Ecofolux2427

K1 Visa Delays: So frustrated and disappointed, I don't know what to do

133 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ecofolux2427 said:

I'm a US citizen and my fiancé is Chinese. We applied for the K-1 Visa back in September 2021 (yes we have confirmation that the California processing center received it in September 2021). It's been 11 months and it's still the same, no updates, no progression. I don't know what to do, I see some people from May 2021 still waiting. It's infuriating! I haven't seen my fiancé in 2.5 years. I almost want to bring her here on her valid 10 year tourist visa and "wait it out" here because who knows how much longer it really will be. The big problem I see with this is if she comes here, she will move out of her apartment. When they send a letter to her Chinese address for her interview, no one will be there to receive it. I don't know what to do and I'm getting to the point where I might snap. Is there anything else I can do besides just "wait"? Thanks for any input

Hello , I am doing cr1 visa for my husband.  We are stuck at Nvc waiting for interview so I understand your frustration.  California is a long wait.  Also k1 is taking more time nowadays.  Don’t do the tourist visa because it will look bad to them.  Just try to be patient.  I wish you good luck.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know it's frustrating .  For my fiance and me, it took exactly 16 mos. It was one year before we heard the application was approved .  So it seems you are within normal time-frames. Just don't give up, it will all fall into place .  

On 8/8/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ecofolux2427 said:

I'm a US citizen and my fiancé is Chinese. We applied for the K-1 Visa back in September 2021 (yes we have confirmation that the California processing center received it in September 2021). It's been 11 months and it's still the same, no updates, no progression. I don't know what to do, I see some people from May 2021 still waiting. It's infuriating! I haven't seen my fiancé in 2.5 years. I almost want to bring her here on her valid 10 year tourist visa and "wait it out" here because who knows how much longer it really will be. The big problem I see with this is if she comes here, she will move out of her apartment. When they send a letter to her Chinese address for her interview, no one will be there to receive it. I don't know what to do and I'm getting to the point where I might snap. Is there anything else I can do besides just "wait"? Thanks for any input

I feel your pain. I have had my petition in for my Laos fiance' since August of 2021 but had submitted it a month before but what can you do??? I hope the best for us all.....

21 minutes ago, Bluehelicopter said:

I know it's frustrating .  For my fiance and me, it took exactly 16 mos. It was one year before we heard the application was approved .  So it seems you are within normal time-frames. Just don't give up, it will all fall into place .  

Hello good sir, was that 16 months total for you or just 16 months for CIS and more with the NVA? We are over 12 months for the CIS with an extra month before it was even registered at the Dallas branch for receipt. How long did it take for the NVA to their embassy and visa?

On 8/9/2022 at 2:52 PM, crobot said:

This is not true. While it can be difficult to obtain a tourist visa like a B1/B2 after initiating the K1 visa process, OP's fiancee got her visa beforehand, so it is currently valid and legal to use. There is no rule that would prevent her from visiting the United States on a tourist visa while her K1 is pending. It is not immigration fraud as long as she follows the rules of her existing, current, and valid visa.

Like I said before, my own fiancee has visited the United States twice while our K1 was pending. The first visit was for two months and the second for almost three. There is 159 page long thread on this forum titled "Yes, you can visit!" which is full of folks describing how they were able to visit the United States as a tourist while their K1's were processing.

If you have a valid tourist visa, you can enter the United States, at the discretion of CBP (as always), regardless of whatever other applications you may have pending.

Everyone telling OP that this isn't an option doesn't know what they're talking about, full stop.

The OP clearly indicated that the beneficiary would be giving up her apartment.

That would not be considered visiting. 

You full stop. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can confirm that bringing cats is easier than dogs.  The US does not have federal requirements for cats. Check with your state to be sure. Florida and South Carolina didn't.  We still got ours current on shots and a veterinarian certificate of health.

My wife then brought her cat in the cabin as hand luggage. Not all airlines are willing to transport pets from certain countries so check to be sure. Also may be a limit of only one cabin pet per passenger (or one pet carrier - if small, two cats might can share one carrier). Might have to check with airline's cargo operations otherwise if cannot bring both in the cabin.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, Rocio0010 said:

I doubt they’ll let her in, considering she’s established immigrant intent..:

Yeah she won’t be able to enter even she have 10 years they won’t let her in she will have to wait on the k1 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, herecomestherain said:

I waited 11.5 months for my NOA1. They best thing for you to do would be file a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit.

I would not do that at thi point.  Several thousand dollars cost and it only forces their hand to quickly make a decision.  It does not guarantee an approval.  Some WOMs end with a denial.   The average I-129f takes a year from NOA1 to NOA2. 

image.png.235661b742b9988f8c71dd5d23f60dc7.png

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would not do that at thi point.  Several thousand dollars cost and it only forces their hand to quickly make a decision.  It does not guarantee an approval.  Some WOMs end with a denial.   The average I-129f takes a year from NOA1 to NOA2. 

image.png.235661b742b9988f8c71dd5d23f60dc7.png

Hey Crazy Cat, I’m wondering about this data. Any idea why there is a big rise numbers?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Hey Crazy Cat, I’m wondering about this data. Any idea why there is a big rise numbers?

It seems that ease of travel enabled more couples to meet, either once again or for the first time: the sharp spike in plane ticket price is a silent witness to that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lynxyonok said:

It seems that ease of travel enabled more couples to meet, either once again or for the first time: the sharp spike in plane ticket price is a silent witness to that.

That is a definite possibility.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We applied our K1 visa last FEB of 2021 to TEXAS and get it transferred to California. We received our NOA1 on MARCH 2021 and the send us a mail for RFE on NOVEMBER 2021. We send our respond on January 2022 and from there we haven't heard anything and it's  been 8 months we tried to call many times  and send inquiries but they always gave us a month each inquiry we made. 
It is frustrating.
We even asked for help from the office of the representative and they've given us a month and its been a month now and 2 days.
No respond

Edited by Je ni

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Je ni said:

We applied our K1 visa last FEB of 2021 to TEXAS and get it transferred to California. We received our NOA1 on MARCH 2021 and the send us a mail for RFE on NOVEMBER 2021. We send our respond on January 2022 and from there we haven't heard anything and it's  been 8 months we tried to call many times  and send inquiries but they always gave us a month each inquiry we made. 
It is frustrating.

You sent your package to the lockbox in Texas.  All I-129f are processed in the California Service Center. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.