Ecofolux2427

K1 Visa Delays: So frustrated and disappointed, I don't know what to do

133 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Nuba said:

Most embassies were completely closed for up to a year.  There were zero interviews being done.  

I129-F is all paper based. Do you think there might be privacy issues with the government sending our personal information packets to employee's homes?

There may be privacy concerns for you and me but it's not classified material, only personally identifiable info, so legal to bring home. 

I just hope all this backlog doesn't affect the most important thing here, the 90 day fiance TV show. I would never go the other way (moving to the foreign country)

Edited by rich rich

9 hours ago, Nuba said:

I129-F is all paper based. Do you think there might be privacy issues with the government sending our personal information packets to employee's homes?

People who work with sensitive info WFH all the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, rich rich said:

There may be privacy concerns for you and me but it's not classified material, only personally identifiable info, so legal to bring home. 

I just hope all this backlog doesn't affect the most important thing here, the 90 day fiance TV show. I would never go the other way (moving to the foreign country)

Never know! All these delays might be exactly how that show gets viewership ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, Ecofolux2427 said:

I'm a US citizen and my fiancé is Chinese. We applied for the K-1 Visa back in September 2021 (yes we have confirmation that the California processing center received it in September 2021). It's been 11 months and it's still the same, no updates, no progression. I don't know what to do, I see some people from May 2021 still waiting. It's infuriating! I haven't seen my fiancé in 2.5 years. I almost want to bring her here on her valid 10 year tourist visa and "wait it out" here because who knows how much longer it really will be. The big problem I see with this is if she comes here, she will move out of her apartment. When they send a letter to her Chinese address for her interview, no one will be there to receive it. I don't know what to do and I'm getting to the point where I might snap. Is there anything else I can do besides just "wait"? Thanks for any input

Your other option is to forgo k1 and get married and live in China with her. 

Waiting makes more sense.

You'll get a response at about the 13 month mark. You're almost there. It shall be well. 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:27 AM, Ecofolux2427 said:

I was/am under the impression that once we get past this first phase of the process, they will mail my fiancé a letter with the interview date/time on it. Then she goes to the US embassy in China and does her interview, passes it and then is granted her entry visa, then we have 90 days to get married. This seems incorrect to you?

My wife just had her interview for the IR1 Spousal VISA last Wednesday, Sept 28th, at the U.S. Embassy in Manila Philippines, and her VISA was delivered Saturday Oct 1st. 
•She NEVER received anything in the Mail concerning her Immigration Case. 
•I however received the receipt for filing her I-130, and I believe when it was approved. 
•Everything these days is done online through CEAC or email. 

Edited by Bret L Smith

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 3:05 AM, Ecofolux2427 said:

Hi OP, any update?

I'm a US citizen and my fiancé is Chinese. We applied for the K-1 Visa back in September 2021 (yes we have confirmation that the California processing center received it in September 2021). It's been 11 months and it's still the same, no updates, no progression. I don't know what to do, I see some people from May 2021 still waiting. It's infuriating! I haven't seen my fiancé in 2.5 years. I almost want to bring her here on her valid 10 year tourist visa and "wait it out" here because who knows how much longer it really will be. The big problem I see with this is if she comes here, she will move out of her apartment. When they send a letter to her Chinese address for her interview, no one will be there to receive it. I don't know what to do and I'm getting to the point where I might snap. Is there anything else I can do besides just "wait"? Thanks for any input 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:12 AM, rich rich said:

No update to my K1 visa case, it's been almost 14 months now, every time I call they just keep saying "it's within normal processing time, so continue to wait".....issue is they keep pushing back the "normal" processing times. When I first submitted the K1 Visa forms, the processing time was like 6-8 months....

Another update: Since she still has a current US Tourist visa, and China is slightly letting citizens leave the country now, I booked a flight for her to visit me while we wait for her interview date in China. She would then fly back to China for her interview and then fly back to the US and enter the country on her proper K1 visa to get married.

My question is, once she arrives here on her tourist visa, is there a way to just marry her so she doesn't have to fly back to China for her interview? I didn't know if some state allows marriage on a tourist visa or something....thanks for any input!

Coming on a non-immigrant visa such as a tourist visa with intent to stay and adjust status is immigration fraud. 

she should have evidence of strong ties to China readily available to present if asked at by CBP at the port of entry.

Just now, powerpuff said:

Coming on a non-immigrant visa such as a tourist visa with intent to stay and adjust status is immigration fraud. 

she should have evidence of strong ties to China readily available to present if asked at by CBP at the port of entry.

There's no fraud here, she's just visiting me on her tourist visa. She's still employed in China and we bought a return ticket to show she is not over staying her Tourist visa.

Just now, Ecofolux2427 said:

There's no fraud here, she's just visiting me on her tourist visa. She's still employed in China and we bought a return ticket to show she is not over staying her Tourist visa.

You’re asking if there’s any way she can come a tourist, stay here, get married and not go back to China. That would be immigration fraud. 

1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

You’re asking if there’s any way she can come a tourist, stay here, get married and not go back to China. That would be immigration fraud. 

That's exactly what a lawyer suggested I do.  But I agree with powerpuff, it sounds like textbook immigration fraud, especially since you already filed a K1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ecofolux2427 said:

No update to my K1 visa case, it's been almost 14 months now, every time I call they just keep saying "it's within normal processing time, so continue to wait".....issue is they keep pushing back the "normal" processing times. When I first submitted the K1 Visa forms, the processing time was like 6-8 months....

Hopefully youll get a response in this month. 

16 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

I'm just merely inquiring about all possibilities. The reality is she's just visiting on her tourist visa and will fly back to China for her interview and then re-enter the US with her proper K1 Visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.