Sarge2155

August 2022 - AOS Filers

213 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, GCG said:

My appointment was scheduled for 2pm. I arrived early at 1:30, the lady officer at the door said it was pretty empty and I could go in - I was out of the door in less than 10 minutes. 

They couldn't fix the typo on my last name but she made a note about it. Overall really good and trying to calm down people, nothing like some bad reviews I read. I checked my account outside, and it had changed to "actively being processed"

I received the "classic" 3 texts and emails today at about 3:30am Pacific, probably an automated system - just the same status change of when I left the building "case is actively being processed" for AOS and EAD, AP still only shows case received. 

Not sure what happens next since it seems to be a mix of people just waiting, others that received EAD approval a few days after bios and others right away. Most cases here are AOS post K1, so I'm reluctant to make any assumption based on that. I don't know, just wait and see, I guess! 

Good luck to us all! 

Sounds exactly like how mine went! I was in and out in 15 minutes, my cases also got updated to actively being reviewed immediately after.

I know what you mean, I was on edge right after thinking I’d get the EAD the same day but I guess not 😅 good luck to us all for real! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hubby had biometrics today in Milwaukee.  Took a few minutes.  No one said anything to him other than biometrics.  By the time we got home status was changed to 'actively being reviewed'.    Now we wait.  Like everyone else!  But it's all good :)

Hi all, 

Just coming to you with an update. On 9/15 I requested an expedite through Emma. They told me I’d hear back in 7 days. 

On 9/24 I got an email saying they are reviewing my expedite request. Today 9/26 MY EAD GOT APPROVED!!! They did not ask for evidence. 

Obviously super stoked and I can’t believe it, I was desperate and needed to try. Happy to answer any questions! 

4 hours ago, noobjections said:

Hi all, 

Just coming to you with an update. On 9/15 I requested an expedite through Emma. They told me I’d hear back in 7 days. 

On 9/24 I got an email saying they are reviewing my expedite request. Today 9/26 MY EAD GOT APPROVED!!! They did not ask for evidence. 

Obviously super stoked and I can’t believe it, I was desperate and needed to try. Happy to answer any questions! imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

Congratulations!

What was the reason you gave for the expedite?

9 hours ago, noobjections said:

Hi all, 

Obviously super stoked and I can’t believe it, I was desperate and needed to try. Happy to answer any questions! imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

That's great!! Can you share the reason for your expedite? 

9 hours ago, noobjections said:

Hi all, 

Very good now get to work! 😄

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 9/27/2022 at 6:06 AM, EatBulaga said:

Congratulations!

What was the reason you gave for the expedite?

Thank you! 

Financial loss to a company. They were my previous employers and wanted me back ASAP. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, BreakTheDistance said:

That's great!! Can you share the reason for your expedite? 

Financial loss to a company. They wanted me to come back ASAP as I had worked for them before. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:39 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Very good now get to work! 😄

Thank you! Waiting for it in the mail and to get through hurricane ian first 😂 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, noobjections said:

Thank you! 

Financial loss to a company. They were my previous employers and wanted me back ASAP. 

Financial loss to a company. They wanted me to come back ASAP as I had worked for them before. 

Thank you! Waiting for it in the mail and to get through hurricane ian first 😂 

Hi! Lurker in this thread - I’m about to submit our AOS tomorrow (I still don’t see any September 2022 AOS filers thread so I’m here). Thanks for this! May I please know what State you’re in and the office that processed your EAD?

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 01/28/2021: I129F Packet Sent - 07/20/2022: Visa On Hand

• 08/12/2022: POE - Dulles

• 09/20/2022: Marriage

AOS (Pending)  EAD & AP (88 Days):

• 09/30/2022: AOS, EAD, AP Packet Sent
  • 01/09/2023: Combo Card on Hand (Expedited)

Complete timeline can be checked on my profile.

24 minutes ago, Qui said:

Hi! Lurker in this thread - I’m about to submit our AOS tomorrow (I still don’t see any September 2022 AOS filers thread so I’m here). Thanks for this! May I please know what State you’re in and the office that processed your EAD?

Welcome! 

I am in GA but my field office (where I had my biometrics) is in Jacksonville, FL.

The service center that processed my EAD is National Benefits Center (NBC).

On 9/29/2022 at 8:25 PM, Qui said:

Thread is here!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Thread is here!

Ahhh thanks for this! Idk why it wasn’t coming up for me initially. 

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 01/28/2021: I129F Packet Sent - 07/20/2022: Visa On Hand

• 08/12/2022: POE - Dulles

• 09/20/2022: Marriage

AOS (Pending)  EAD & AP (88 Days):

• 09/30/2022: AOS, EAD, AP Packet Sent
  • 01/09/2023: Combo Card on Hand (Expedited)

Complete timeline can be checked on my profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/14/2022 at 12:28 PM, LemonLemonade said:

A little update on my side, my EAD ONLY got approved (status: Card being produced). AP, no update since received documents 😞 

More waiting then!

august 18th filer here on the 16th of September we received the EAD but no status change for AP. Only 485 showing active review after biometrics. Can someone tell me if they received a letter for interview appointment please?!

Edited by Juan&Rocio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Juan&Rocio said:

august 18th filer here on the 16th of september we received the EAD but no status change for AP. Only 485 showing active review after biometrics

Same here 😞 still no update on AP and AOS for us neither... And looking toward the AP more for the holidays 

46 minutes ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hey guys, how do you actually go about expediting your EAD? You speak to Emma and say what exactly? 'I'd like to expedite my EAD and the reason being 'financial loss to a company'

And that's it or do you have to explain further? 

Thank you :)

Well yeah, that’s one of the criteria to expedite. But you need to be a bit more specific when you’re talking to an agent on phone or through Emma.

In my experience what you say right then is the most important, and determines whether your expedite gets approved or not. 

Make sure you have some kind of proof, just in case they ask. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.