Sarge2155

August 2022 - AOS Filers

213 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received 3 letters only for i485, i864 and i765 on Aug 17th, no letter with access code. 

Aug 19th, the i485 status change to "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled" and the other 2, still "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" . Is this normal? I thought they also need Biometrics for EAD cards too. 

I think if in 2 days I don't receive the access code, I might sent a request. We receive mail a bit late in this neighborhood. 

Edit to add: Also no "Priority date" on my letters... I don't know if it is concerning

Edited by LemonLemonade

34 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

Received 3 letters only for i485, i864 and i765 on Aug 17th, no letter with access code. 

Aug 19th, the i485 status change to "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled" and the other 2, still "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" . Is this normal? I thought they also need Biometrics for EAD cards too. 

I think if in 2 days I don't receive the access code, I might sent a request. We receive mail a bit late in this neighborhood. 

Edit to add: Also no "Priority date" on my letters... I don't know if it is concerning

I also did not receive the Online Access Code mail, and had to submit an inquiry with USCIS to request the Online Access Code.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786775-july-2022-aos-filers/?tab=comments#comment-10709792

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786775-july-2022-aos-filers/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-10718476

You will need the Online Access Code to see the Biometrics Appointment if you don't receive it in the mail.

You can see our Timeline with the Online Access Code and Biometrics at

https://www.visajourney.com/profile/386517-eatbulaga/

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
20 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

I also did not receive the Online Access Code mail, and had to submit an inquiry with USCIS to request the Online Access Code.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786775-july-2022-aos-filers/?tab=comments#comment-10709792

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786775-july-2022-aos-filers/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-10718476

You will need the Online Access Code to see the Biometrics Appointment if you don't receive it in the mail.

You can see our Timeline with the Online Access Code and Biometrics at

https://www.visajourney.com/profile/386517-eatbulaga/

Thank you so much! But do you think by submitting the inquiry, they sent you the same code? Like if I receive later on in the mail, it should be the same right? 

EDIT TO ADD: Did you request the online access code for the i765 EAD or the AOS i485? I think we only get for work permit?

Edited by LemonLemonade
more question

3 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

Thank you so much! But do you think by submitting the inquiry, they sent you the same code? Like if I receive later on in the mail, it should be the same right? 

EDIT TO ADD: Did you request the online access code for the i765 EAD or the AOS i485? I think we only get for work permit?

I don't know if the inquiry Online Access Code is the same as the mailed Online Access Code?

I submitted an inquiry requesting the Online Access Code for the AOS i485.

The Online Access Code allows you to download the ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics.

BTW, I also tried to "Verify Your Identity" in my.USCIS.gov, but was unsuccessful.

Another member said I should have not access to it as a K1-to-AOS i485 applicant?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/788391-myuscis-verify-your-identity/

I'm not sure if I was the only one who stumbled onto this?

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
19 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

I don't know if the inquiry Online Access Code is the same as the mailed Online Access Code?

I submitted an inquiry requesting the Online Access Code for the AOS i485.

The Online Access Code allows you to download the ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics.

BTW, I also tried to "Verify Your Identity" in my.USCIS.gov, but was unsuccessful.

Another member said I should have not access to it as a K1-to-AOS i485 applicant?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/788391-myuscis-verify-your-identity/

I'm not sure if I was the only one who stumbled onto this?

I just check the mail lol I was like "I will give it 1 more day" and I got it in the mail -fiou- 

Yea I saw your post, I was wondering about that. Do we need to verify our identify? I also created my account a few months back, before we got approve. I was about the access my documents and the appointment letter. I tried the IOE number, and it doesn't work, same message as you guys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We got married on 8/21 and I mailed our AOS on 8/23!  yahoo.  Relief.  

but now worried I did something wrong!  lol

Timeline

Update: Got RFE. The kind of typical i864 about not enough evidence -.- we provided the whole 1040 (I think that's what is call) and paystubs and w2. Will try to get the tax transcript online (wish the field office was open to public), and sent back -fingers crossed again-

1 hour ago, LemonLemonade said:

Update: Got RFE. The kind of typical i864 about not enough evidence -.- we provided the whole 1040 (I think that's what is call) and paystubs and w2. Will try to get the tax transcript online (wish the field office was open to public), and sent back -fingers crossed again-

Here's what we included for our I-864, and we haven't gotten an RFE yet (fingers crossed):

I-864 Cover Letter

I-864

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 W-2

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2020 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2019 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Employment Verification Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Payslips from 2022-01-15 to 2022-06-30

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor signed employment contract thru 2023

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Bank Reference Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Passport Biographical page           

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Certificate of Naturalization

Copy of Marriage Certificate                                                           

Copy of Foreign Spouse I-94 (Admission Record Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX)      

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport K-1 Visa and Entry Stamp

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport Biographical page

Copy of Foreign Spouse Birth Certificate

Copy of I-797 Approval Notice for I-129F K1 Petition       

Some of the stuff listed may be an overkill, but we rather include more than less and risk an RFE.

Most advice is to fulfill the RFE as it is written, but if your RFE just says "not enough evidence", then I would provide more than the necessary.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
1 minute ago, EatBulaga said:

Here's what we included for our I-864, and we haven't gotten an RFE yet (fingers crossed):

Some of the stuff listed may be an overkill, but we rather include more than less and risk an RFE.

Most advice is to fulfill the RFE as it is written, but if your RFE just says "not enough evidence", then I would provide more than the necessary.

Thank you so much! Yea we will try tax transcript too this time. It was the generic like (submit completed and signedi-864, SSN in form, household size in form, and complete tax return and supporting docs (w-2, 1099s form2555 and tax schedules) for most recent tax year. We will try with the employment letters since we did 3 months paystub. 

I think by mail is safer, I wonder if I can scan and upload since it is easier lol wish me luck

Also, I wanted to tell you before that you are super detailed/organized with your post lol thank you, it's great and helpful 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

I-864 Cover Letter

I-864

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 W-2

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2020 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2019 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Employment Verification Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Payslips from 2022-01-15 to 2022-06-30

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor signed employment contract thru 2023

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Bank Reference Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Passport Biographical page           

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Certificate of Naturalization

Copy of Marriage Certificate                                                           

Copy of Foreign Spouse I-94 (Admission Record Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX)      

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport K-1 Visa and Entry Stamp

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport Biographical page

Copy of Foreign Spouse Birth Certificate

Copy of I-797 Approval Notice for I-129F K1 Petition       

If I may ask, in your myUSICS portal, is all of your evidence uploaded as scanned PDFs? I asked in the main forum and feel confident that all evidence submitted by mail will not appear online (but is still in USCIS possession), but I was curious in how much of your documents USCIS chose to upload. Seeing these early I-864 RFEs makes me wonder if critical evidence isn't being seen.

EDIT: I just checked as well and we were RFE'd for the same thing. I submitted enough evidence to clearly establish I had enough assets to sponsor my wife, so I'm not sure why we're getting this. I noted that not all of my financial evidence was uploaded online, though; I'm not sure what exactly to do...?

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

54 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

If I may ask, in your myUSICS portal, is all of your evidence uploaded as scanned PDFs? I asked in the main forum and feel confident that all evidence submitted by mail will not appear online (but is still in USCIS possession), but I was curious in how much of your documents USCIS chose to upload. Seeing these early I-864 RFEs makes me wonder if critical evidence isn't being seen.

EDIT: I just checked as well and we were RFE'd for the same thing. I submitted enough evidence to clearly establish I had enough assets to sponsor my wife, so I'm not sure why we're getting this. I noted that not all of my financial evidence was uploaded online, though; I'm not sure what exactly to do...?

I sent in all of I864 documents by regular mail with the I485 package.

I did not upload any pdf yet.

The only pdfs that USCIS uploaded is the I864 first page, spouse birth certificate, US citizen passport bio page, I-797 for I-129F, DS-3025, and the I131 Part7 Supplement.

I put each form and the associated documents in a plastic clear document folder like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0899BQXPQ

So my package had 5 different document folders: I485, I864, I131, I765, and an evidence folder.

I did not staple anything. I used paper clips on top and put sticky tabs at the bottom labeling the document/form.

It should be easy for USCIS to de-assemble and punch holes for their use.

Again, what I did does not necessarily make the process any faster as some others have already gotten the EAD, and I'm still waiting.

But as a general rule, I tend to over-do as opposed to just meet the requirements hopefully to reduce the possibility of RFE.

I don't think USCIS uploads every document to the myUSCIS portal.

I think they just upload some that may be useful for their inter-departmental use?

Or to show you sample of what they do have?

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
32 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

I don't think USCIS uploads every document to the myUSCIS portal.

I think they just upload some that may be useful for their inter-departmental use?

Or to show you sample of what they do have?

See that's what I thought the consensus was as well, but after reading through the RFE and going through the copy of the evidence I submitted, I can see I sent exactly what was asked - but the piece of evidence they needed was the only item not uploaded to the portal. As both I and Lemon got RFEs within 3 weeks of submittal, I almost wonder if the adjudicators or relying on the scanned copies as of now. Very weird stuff, but thankfully I have a joint sponsor who can help (in addition to the evidence I will resubmit). 

Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

See that's what I thought the consensus was as well, but after reading through the RFE and going through the copy of the evidence I submitted, I can see I sent exactly what was asked - but the piece of evidence they needed was the only item not uploaded to the portal. As both I and Lemon got RFEs within 3 weeks of submittal, I almost wonder if the adjudicators or relying on the scanned copies as of now. Very weird stuff, but thankfully I have a joint sponsor who can help (in addition to the evidence I will resubmit). 

Yea I am a bit worry, we are trying to get everything we have since the next time, they might just refuse the whole application, I don't know. 

Did you submitted yours yet? I am about to see if there's a topic or I might ask if we can submit online. I would much rather do that but if there's any chance of not working, we won't 😓

Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

15 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

Yea I am a bit worry, we are trying to get everything we have since the next time, they might just refuse the whole application, I don't know. 

Did you submitted yours yet? I am about to see if there's a topic or I might ask if we can submit online. I would much rather do that but if there's any chance of not working, we won't 😓

Sorry, didn't let me edit to add lol 

did you resubmitted everything along with the marriage certificate, passport page etcetc 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

So I only found out about our RFE because I saw your post and checked the myUSCIS portal; we haven't received it in the mail, but I can see online what's asked for. There's a button that says 'submit,' but the RFE proper seems to indicate they want it mailed. As I will now be including a joint sponsor, I will definitely be mailing it instead. Also, notably, if you were to click 'submit' out of interest the page glitches and says your due date is actually the current time, so like... that's unnerving, haha.

My understanding is that if your new submission is substantially different, they may issue a second RFE instead of denying. I've done a lot of research on VJ within the past few hours (was so scared, haha) and the RFE seems standard for many couples. In fact, many people overcame the RFE by just re-submitting the same evidence as before. But to be safe, I will include both a joint sponsor and get updated financials from my bank/broker. So, ultimately, it'll probably take a week or two to send back out to NBC.

I will also only submit strictly the evidence asked for, in addition to updated I-864s. No birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. My guess what happened with mine, is that the computer saw an income of $0 and immediately issued the RFE. There's no way our petitions could've been adjudicated by a live person within three weeks of submittal, so it was probably something mechanical that triggered it. No matter, we'll just take our time and get it done. :) 

Edit: In the words of Bob Ross, it is "but a happy little accident" :D

Edited by slavaskii

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.