Sarge2155

August 2022 - AOS Filers

212 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, slavaskii said:

So I only found out about our RFE because I saw your post and checked the myUSCIS portal; we haven't received it in the mail, but I can see online what's asked for. There's a button that says 'submit,' but the RFE proper seems to indicate they want it mailed. As I will now be including a joint sponsor, I will definitely be mailing it instead. Also, notably, if you were to click 'submit' out of interest the page glitches and says your due date is actually the current time, so like... that's unnerving, haha.

My understanding is that if your new submission is substantially different, they may issue a second RFE instead of denying. I've done a lot of research on VJ within the past few hours (was so scared, haha) and the RFE seems standard for many couples. In fact, many people overcame the RFE by just re-submitting the same evidence as before. But to be safe, I will include both a joint sponsor and get updated financials from my bank/broker. So, ultimately, it'll probably take a week or two to send back out to NBC.

I will also only submit strictly the evidence asked for, in addition to updated I-864s. No birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. My guess what happened with mine, is that the computer saw an income of $0 and immediately issued the RFE. There's no way our petitions could've been adjudicated by a live person within three weeks of submittal, so it was probably something mechanical that triggered it. No matter, we'll just take our time and get it done. :) 

Edit: In the words of Bob Ross, it is "but a happy little accident" :D

Lol thank you so much, I think I will do that too, just update RFE and evidence of income. Hopefully this week lol I think I got the letter in the mail like... 3 business days after. Ours was the 24th of Aug, and still waiting for my husband to find time to get the transcript (with their ID verification and all seems complicated -.-) 

USCIS giving out RFE like Bob Ross drawing bushes everywhere and not tell anyone lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Here's what we included for our I-864, and we haven't gotten an RFE yet (fingers crossed):

I-864 Cover Letter

I-864

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 W-2

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2021 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2020 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor 2019 Tax Transcript

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Employment Verification Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Payslips from 2022-01-15 to 2022-06-30

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor signed employment contract thru 2023

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Bank Reference Letter

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Passport Biographical page           

Copy of US Citizen Spouse/Sponsor Certificate of Naturalization

Copy of Marriage Certificate                                                           

Copy of Foreign Spouse I-94 (Admission Record Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX)      

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport K-1 Visa and Entry Stamp

Copy of Foreign Spouse Passport Biographical page

Copy of Foreign Spouse Birth Certificate

Copy of I-797 Approval Notice for I-129F K1 Petition       

Some of the stuff listed may be an overkill, but we rather include more than less and risk an RFE.

Most advice is to fulfill the RFE as it is written, but if your RFE just says "not enough evidence", then I would provide more than the necessary.

wow - that is a lot of info for financials.  I just submitted the tax transcripts for 2 years.  hopefully good enough!

Timeline

how long does it take to see your case on USCIS?  and I assume it will show up under the I-129f?  My case was received on Thursday of last week but nothing on USCIS yet.  

thanks!

2 hours ago, SandyR said:

how long does it take to see your case on USCIS?  and I assume it will show up under the I-129f?  My case was received on Thursday of last week but nothing on USCIS yet.  

thanks!

After you receive the Receipt Numbers in NOA1, you can look it up at Case Status

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Timeline

oh - geez been so long since the NOA from the 129f that I forgot how the process works!  😅  ok, so waiting on the letter from them.  sounds like that comes fairly soon after they receive and cash your check or charge your card based upon what I am reading here.  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, SandyR said:

oh - geez been so long since the NOA from the 129f that I forgot how the process works!  😅  ok, so waiting on the letter from them.  sounds like that comes fairly soon after they receive and cash your check or charge your card based upon what I am reading here.  Thanks!

It's like the I-797C for the I-129F, but you will get the I-797Cs NOA1s for the I485, I131, and I765 with 3 different Receipt Numbers. Then you should get a separate mail for the Online Access Code to add the cases to your my.USCIS.gov account. Your my.USCIS.gov can also track your cases.

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

hey everyone i have situation 😕 We sent our packet to Chicago 2 weeks ago today and it delivered by ups on thursday the same week. Unfortunately we havent heard anything since then. They didnt cash money order but there is nothing in our mailbox neither. Is there any email address or phone number that we can ask for the packet?

5 hours ago, carefreething said:

hey everyone i have situation 😕 We sent our packet to Chicago 2 weeks ago today and it delivered by ups on thursday the same week. Unfortunately we havent heard anything since then. They didnt cash money order but there is nothing in our mailbox neither. Is there any email address or phone number that we can ask for the packet?

This happened to us and unfortunately our package was sent back, so I think you should probably keep your eyes open for a return package. It took about 2-3 weeks for the package to come back. The second time around our money was deducted in less than 48 hours after it was received. 

Edited by TheJs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, carefreething said:

If it shows delivered it should be there at least. It took ours 28 days after shipping. No cashed check, no NOA1. We were freaking out. But 28 days later the check was cashed and we received the texts for all 3 packets. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, TheJs said:

This happened to us and unfortunately our package was sent back, so I think you should probably keep your eyes open for a return package. It took about 2-3 weeks for the package to come back. The second time around our money was deducted in less than 48 hours after it was received. 

1 hour ago, Tommyz44 said:

If it shows delivered it should be there at least. It took ours 28 days after shipping. No cashed check, no NOA1. We were freaking out. But 28 days later the check was cashed and we received the texts for all 3 packets. 

Thank you both ❤️   whatever happens i just wanna get some feedback 😕 Hopefully can be good news 👐

Timeline

Hi everybody! Today they sent our packet back and in the notice says we didnt complete application type 😕 But i checked i485 and application type section was complete. And can i use the documents i submited before because i only brought 1 birth certificate 😕 

We got our biometrics notice!

PD: 8/17/2022

Biometrics: 9/15/2022

is it safe to assume we won’t get an RFE now?

Edit: we also never received any sort of notice with an online access code, should we try to pursue getting this or just be patient it still may arrive? 

Edited by TheJs

1 hour ago, TheJs said:

We got our biometrics notice!

PD: 8/17/2022

Biometrics: 9/15/2022

is it safe to assume we won’t get an RFE now?

Edit: we also never received any sort of notice with an online access code, should we try to pursue getting this or just be patient it still may arrive? 

No not safe at all to assume that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, SandyR said:

I suppose until you have card in hand, not safe to assume anything!

That is correct!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.