2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, ShawnK said:

Good points.

I'm just so confused on what to do, I'm wondering what some of you would do in my situation.

I have a work opportunity in the US with my current employer, they'd like me to move to our US head office as soon as I can.

When offered this role I was literally a week or two away from my IR1 interview , they agreed to let that work out.

When the DS55 bs happened, I obviously told them and they've agreed to let me work from Canada while this works itself out. However, I worry their patience with me will run out.

I'm confused how you are legally able to work for them without the proper visa?  You aren't legally allowed to work until that visa is endorsed at the border. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/27/2023 at 7:06 PM, dennisv said:

Okay, so a little news out of the MTL. I did my usual bi-weekly ish follow email expecting to get the "generic" email they usually send back. Nope, they replied back with please grab a new medical and send your passport in via the AIS service. So that's something positive.

Timeline:
Interview: Nov 9 2023
221g: DS5355 Nov 9 2023
Positive News: May 26 2023

I didn't file a WOM

Congratulations on that progress! Which email address by chance did you email in order to get an update? I've been thinking of trying to follow up with someone...

I submitted my DS-5355 on March 2nd, 2023 (interview was Feb 1, 2023) and have yet to hear back (it's been 88 days today since submitting). On the CEAC website which provides updates on your case, the 'Case Last Updated' date is Mar 17-2023, so I doubt they've finished any of the processes yet.

27 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Congratulations on that progress! Which email address by chance did you email in order to get an update? I've been thinking of trying to follow up with someone...

I submitted my DS-5355 on March 2nd, 2023 (interview was Feb 1, 2023) and have yet to hear back (it's been 88 days today since submitting). On the CEAC website which provides updates on your case, the 'Case Last Updated' date is Mar 17-2023, so I doubt they've finished any of the processes yet.

Email was montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

You got this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 7:32 PM, Wcr984 said:

It appears the DS-5535 may now be processing quicker. Today, exactly 80 days after submitting my DS-5535, the Consulate has requested my passport back.

Congratulations! Do you think it’s because if your visa type that it has been processed fast? Cause I seen K1 visas in AP taking sooo long! I’m

on day 27 myself going crazy! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, ShawnK said:

Congrats.

By any chance, during those 80 days, did you see updates to your ceac status (I mean updates where you didn't email them, case status updating on it's own)?

At my interview in April 2023, the CO told me " these (DS5535) do not take as long as they used to". I'm not sure how true that is but lets see what happens.

I hope it’s true too but what is “not long”? 3 months? 6 months? I’m afraid if we wait too long to file WOM, next year it’s going to be more difficult because the Biden administration doesn’t fight these lawsuits now, so who knows what new laws the new president will make…also the medical exam that will expire….

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, ak47 said:

Hi Farzady,

Do you think you received the passport reuest because of filing WOM ? Was a decision made on the WOM filing ? or Just the embassy reached out to you with the request.

At this point I would seriously consider not filing WoM because so many of us are getting through without it, much faster than in 2022. IMO it’s not necessarily correct to attribute getting through to WoM anymore.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, ak47 said:

Hi Farzady,

Do you think you received the passport reuest because of filing WOM ? Was a decision made on the WOM filing ? or Just the embassy reached out to you with the request.

There is no decision yet but they were notified about my WoM and given 60 days notice. It's hard to say at this point, but my case was sitting there without having any updates for a while.

On May 19 I received an email for an activity on my case from court and after that my case got updated on May 25 and May 30 with pass request email.

Still I'd recommend to wait if you can and not spending any money for WoM.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.