2,958 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Pearljamm said:

Hey guys! 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I just wanted to let everybody know I travelled to the states with no issues at all, in fact it was the smoothest process lol.

I am considering filing writ of mandamus and got in touch with Goldstein, Hacking, and PIC as we are discussing the best option for us.

Goldstien and hacking told us we would be eligible to file a case after 60 days (43 days left) and still waiting to hear back from PIC, they said they’ll contact us within 24 hours.

Will keep everyone updated.

for those who filed , which one did you find the best for you? 

When was your interview and how long it's been?

My husband passed his interview except they wanted him to send in the proper police certificate with his passport. The officer said he was a clear cut case and that is all they needed. I sent in his passport with the updated police certificate this week via Canada post (to expedite it). I saw via Canada post that it was delivered today. How long does it take to hear from them and have it approved? Has anyone gone through this? How do they communicate with you?

On 5/16/2023 at 11:31 PM, Pearljamm said:

Hey guys! 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I just wanted to let everybody know I travelled to the states with no issues at all, in fact it was the smoothest process lol.

I am considering filing writ of mandamus and got in touch with Goldstein, Hacking, and PIC as we are discussing the best option for us.

Goldstien and hacking told us we would be eligible to file a case after 60 days (43 days left) and still waiting to hear back from PIC, they said they’ll contact us within 24 hours.

Will keep everyone updated.

for those who filed , which one did you find the best for you? 

PIC was the best for us.

Our case was complex but they handled it beautifully. They were always responsive, quick to file, and we felt they genuinely cared about the outcome. 

They actually took over for an incompetent lawyer so they were definitely a breath of fresh air. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

I wish all and everyone here the best wishes. I know it's a painful journey, however my suggestion is that recently embassy has picked up pace on AP cases, so think before you file a WOM. Good luck to everyone!!!!

^^^ Congratulations to you too my friend. I agree with this. As I mentioned in my earlier reply, the embassy did not know I had retained a lawyer for a WOM, and I had asked Chris from PIC law to hold off on filing and serving when I started noticing the case last update date change. So my husband's case is one of those who cleared AP without the WOM but it took nearly 9 months. My suggestion also is to have patience. 

Edited by PZibran325

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

2 hours ago, Mmk2112 said:

Congratulations. Update from my side:

By the Blessings of God, my Status says Visa Issued today May 18th, 2023. It's without WOM and here's my timeline. IR1 Case:

- Interview Date: 12th Sept 2022

- DS5535 Email send: 13th Sept 2022

- Sent a query to embassy every month after 3 months passed

- Visited wife on Canadian passport without single problem. Crossed border about 6 - 8 times till today.

- New medical request came in, 6th April 2023.

- New medical completed 2nd May 2023. Sent RCMP updated certificate (wasn't asked about it)

- New medical sent 15th May 2023

- Visa status says 'Issued' 18th May 2023

I wish all and everyone here the best wishes. I know it's a painful journey, however my suggestion is that recently embassy has picked up pace on AP cases, so think before you file a WOM. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Can anyone please tell me what's the steps from here! Just cross the border with stamped visa and tell CBP officer to stamp green card number on passport? TIA

1 hour ago, Mmk2112 said:

Just cross the border with stamped visa and tell CBP officer to stamp green card number on passport?

Cross the border with the visa.  CBP officer will stamp the visa with the entry date, not GC number.  The officer may forget to stamp, so check that your passport has the entry stamp before you leave the CBP office.

18 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Cross the border with the visa.  CBP officer will stamp the visa with the entry date, not GC number.  The officer may forget to stamp, so check that your passport has the entry stamp before you leave the CBP office.

Don’t forget to pay the IV fee (green card) fee $220 prior to crossing but it’s okay to pay after crossing too (just will delay producing of your Physical GC)

4 minutes ago, dennisv said:

Don’t forget to pay the IV fee (green card) fee $220 prior to crossing but it’s okay to pay after crossing too (just will delay producing of your Physical GC)

Thank you. That's already paid. Do I have to fill any form?

So as i understand the process is simple. Pay the fees, cross the border and get your visa stamped ? And the green card will arrive in mail? Where do we have to provide mailing address? TIA

1 minute ago, Mmk2112 said:

Thank you. That's already paid. Do I have to fill any form?

So as i understand the process is simple. Pay the fees, cross the border and get your visa stamped ? And the green card will arrive in mail? Where do we have to provide mailing address? TIA

@Mmk2112 the address was provided on your DS260 form and that will be the address your GC will be mailed to. Estimated 4 weeks up to 6 months.  Your SSN should come within 2week upon arrival, but if you need it sooner for work or such, you might need to visit a SSA office to get the number sooner. 

8 minutes ago, dennisv said:

@Mmk2112 the address was provided on your DS260 form and that will be the address your GC will be mailed to. Estimated 4 weeks up to 6 months.  Your SSN should come within 2week upon arrival, but if you need it sooner for work or such, you might need to visit a SSA office to get the number sooner. 

Thank you for quick reply and sorry for confusion. In DS 260 the canadian mailing address was provided. Is that the address GC will be mailed to? if yes, then how can i change it to US address?

6 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Thank you for quick reply and sorry for confusion. In DS 260 the canadian mailing address was provided. Is that the address GC will be mailed to? if yes, then how can i change it to US address?

Check your DS260, it would have asked for the intended US address / “Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.