2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nbc16 said:

Got hit with the AP from Montreal as well… I want to visit my fiancé while waiting for this AP to process (i’m on day 25) on a B2 (canadian citizen), am i going to run into issues because of the AP ? I just want to visit for 10 days… 

Shouldn’t, as long as u have proof of sufficient tie to Canada. For most a return ticket should be suffice. Being in AP doesn’t mean you are banned from the country. So enter the same way you would have like before. Custom just need to make sure that you wouldn’t be staying in the country and don’t leave. 

Just now, APRIL2023 said:

Shouldn’t, as long as u have proof of sufficient tie to Canada. For most a return ticket should be suffice. Being in AP doesn’t mean you are banned from the country. So enter the same way you would have like before. Custom just need to make sure that you wouldn’t be staying in the country and don’t leave. 

Thank you April2023 ! I’ve been visiting since we applied without issues i just wanted to make sure since they give us 0 information on what the AP is really about… Hope we all get good news soon. 

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my interview (EB) a few days ago. At the end of the interview, the visa officer congratulated me and said that I'd get my passport back in 1 or 2 weeks. However, a few hours later the CEAC status changed to "Refused" and I received an email from the consulate asking me to mail them my old passport (they kept only my most-recent passport at the time of interview). I  wasn't asked to fill any other form though.

Not sure if this is the right thread but is there anyone else in the same boat? Any insights on how long this can take?

On 6/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, DeeM said:

Hi everyone,

I had my interview (EB) a few days ago. At the end of the interview, the visa officer congratulated me and said that I'd get my passport back in 1 or 2 weeks. However, a few hours later the CEAC status changed to "Refused" and I received an email from the consulate asking me to mail them my old passport (they kept only my most-recent passport at the time of interview). I  wasn't asked to fill any other form though.

Not sure if this is the right thread but is there anyone else in the same boat? Any insights on how long this can take?

That‘s an unusual request. I wonder if they have concerns about your travel history, was that a point of discussion at your interview? 

As a general rule, Montreal moves in slow motion, and the simplest things take at least 6-8 weeks to resolve. 

Hello, everyone.

I have interviewed on 28th Feb 2023 and unfortunately been put into 221g + DS5535.

I replied all the information and my AP started from 7th March. After that, my case status has been updated as below:

1st 7/3 started AP

2nd 21/3

3rd 23/3 

4th 15/05

5th 19/05

Do you think that is normal and when will be suitable to file WOM, really frustrated right now.

Thanks everyone.

Timeline
3 hours ago, throwitaway said:

That‘s an unusual request. I wonder if they have concerns about your travel history, was that a point of discussion at your interview? 

As a general rule, Montreal moves in slow motion, and the simplest things take at least 6-8 weeks to resolve. 

Apart from "any recent trips outside US/Canada", no other questions. I have a great job offer and that company wants me to join in a few weeks. I am hoping the consulate will resolve this soon.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tristan L said:

Hello, everyone.

I have interviewed on 28th Feb 2023 and unfortunately been put into 221g + DS5535.

I replied all the information and my AP started from 7th March. After that, my case status has been updated as below:

1st 7/3 started AP

2nd 21/3

3rd 23/3 

4th 15/05

5th 19/05

Do you think that is normal and when will be suitable to file WOM, really frustrated right now.

Thanks everyone.

Hi,

Are you following up with the embassy on the status of your application ? Have you sent any emails.

Looks like you are from Australia(Sydney Embassy). This thread is for Montreal, Canada.

Edited by ak47

On 6/4/2023 at 7:51 PM, DeeM said:

Hi everyone,

I encountered a similar problem as you, but this is at the Singapore Consulate. They approved me verbally and kept my passport, but after a few hours I received another email stating that my case is in AP.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

6 minutes ago, farzady said:

Sure.

Today, my status changed from refused to issued.

Congratulations! How long did it take the Consulate to issue the visa after receiving your passport?

So to clarify, your timeline is as follows?

- Consulate interview: Feb 24 (T = 0)

- Filed WoM: May 3 (T = 69 days)

- Court update: May 19 (T = 85 days)

- CEAC case update: May 25 (T = 91 days)

- Email to send Passport: May 30 (T = 96 days)

- Visa Issued: June 6 (T = 101 days)

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Posting to see what everyone thinks of the timeline here.

Feb 3 - interview Montreal consulate

Feb 6 - issued ds5535

Feb 9 - responded to ds5535

May 2 - filed writ

We’ve had 9 CEAC updates so far on the following dates:

Feb 10

Feb 14

Mar 17

Apr 26

May 9

May 18

May 23

Jun 5

Jun 6

It just seems like so many updates! We don’t know if it’s good/bad/unimportant. Really hoping we’re close to it being done but I have no idea what to expect. 

Thanks in advance!!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SGtoMurica said:

Congratulations! How long did it take the Consulate to issue the visa after receiving your passport?

So to clarify, your timeline is as follows?

my timeline is:

- Issued DS 5535 Feb 24

- CEAC case update: May 30 (T = 96 days)

Edited by farzady

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.