2,958 posts in this topic

Just now, Fna786 said:

Status changed to issued this morning...finally after like 15 yrs waiting, losing my mom in January...im full of mixed emotions...excited ecstatic and sad my mom wont be there...i was planning to surprise her now ill surprise my brother and sister instead 

Congratulations, Im sorry it is so bitter sweet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, Moe&Yas said:

Hey Everyone,

I finally received my visa and passport back this week. We are so relieved and still can`t believe that we can finally be reunited as a family. I had filed for a WOM with Goldstein end of May. I had to do an updated Medical which took the Consulate about 2 weeks to approve.  I am wishing that all of you will also be approved soon and that you will be reunited with your family.

Congratulations!!

Timeline

a month away from a year in this hell! damn did not think it would be a year and nothing.

sure beats the 2-3 week timeline the officer told my mom.....

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

On 8/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, Moe&Yas said:

Hey Everyone,

I finally received my visa and passport back this week. We are so relieved and still can`t believe that we can finally be reunited as a family. I had filed for a WOM with Goldstein end of May. I had to do an updated Medical which took the Consulate about 2 weeks to approve.  I am wishing that all of you will also be approved soon and that you will be reunited with your family.

How long did it take to get approval from when you filed the WOM? 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, US2197 said:

typically 8-12 weeks. There are always exceptions for both side of the spectrum.

Timeline
3 hours ago, US2197 said:

It took about 3 months. The Consulate asked for a 1 month extension after their 2 month  court deadline had expired. 

On 8/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, Throwitaway1988 said:

Do you mind sharing your timeline for people in the future? Interview date etc;

Most of my information is in my timeline. My interview was Dec 9th 2021. I was put on AP and was asked to complete a DS 5535 form. We waited until May 2022 to file a WOM with Joshua Goldstein's firm. We never heard anything back until I was asked to do my medical last month. We were approved exactly 3 weeks after my Medical appointment.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, Filcan said:

When you did your re medical, did the doctor’s office sent the results electronically or did you have to mail them yourself?

congrats btw

Thanks! I did my medical with Dr. Ian Zatzman. He is very efficient and sends the results electronically 1 week after your medical appointment. We didn`t have to do anything else.

Edited by Moe&Yas

We hired Goldstein and I would never use them again.  We asked multiple times to talk to Josh and his "team" refused, refused and refused.

All they did was do a short telephone call, sent us a the form they were going to submit, there were multiple mistakes that we had to fix and then they filed the suite.  All of this could have been done for hundreds of dollars, not thousands of dollars. And, when we wanted to actually talk to the attorney, we were repeatedly denied. And one time we were told to call the embassy and as we all known, NO ONE answers the phone at the embassy.

I'd recommend to anyone, find a different lawyer to file the Mandamus or do it yourself. I'd gladly give you the form, you can simply fill it out and file it yourself.

The lawyer is simply getting rich off the troubles of everyone else. (Sadly, I guess that is the American way)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

We hired Goldstein and I would never use them again.  We asked multiple times to talk to Josh and his "team" refused, refused and refused.

All they did was do a short telephone call, sent us a the form they were going to submit, there were multiple mistakes that we had to fix and then they filed the suite.  All of this could have been done for hundreds of dollars, not thousands of dollars. And, when we wanted to actually talk to the attorney, we were repeatedly denied. And one time we were told to call the embassy and as we all known, NO ONE answers the phone at the embassy.

I'd recommend to anyone, find a different lawyer to file the Mandamus or do it yourself. I'd gladly give you the form, you can simply fill it out and file it yourself.

The lawyer is simply getting rich off the troubles of everyone else. (Sadly, I guess that is the American way)

I'm sorry you had/are having a bad experience @A.Jon.Satko, definitely frustrating.  When did you file?  Are you out of Montreal (I ask, because there is no phone # for Montreal, so for them to suggest that is also terrible)?  Did the suit work, if you are finished, and if not, are you getting action on your file? Agree that this is a massive money grab for lawyers, and they all charge around the same price.  I hope at least you are seeing some positive results!  

34 minutes ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

I should have said, (Sadly, I guess that is the American way for SOME people, not all Americans)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

I should have said, (Sadly, I guess that is the American way for SOME people, not all Americans)

Yes I too felt the communication has been really bad, especially for the price we pay. It seems if all you want is to pay and get the papers in, they are a great option. My case is moving through so I can say it works, but if you want good communication, and questions answered clearly, there might be a different option out there for anyone. 

Timeline

From everything I’ve read, the lawyers are pretty much helping file paperwork. And I’ve read so many people having mistakes that they have to correct. Wonder if they are just reusing same template over and over again. 

tbh if I knew how to file this suit, I would do it on my own and if it got complicated, I would hire lawyers to help

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
On 8/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, LAMA9 said:

I think the only way to get a hold of them now is through the email they are communicating back to you with: 

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

Did you send your documents through the Montreal consulate delivery courier?  If so, you should have received a confirmation receipt and there would have been a tracking number you were given at the post office to ensure it was received by them.  

@LAMA9 I am in AP and was finally asked to sent My passport back.  They said I could use the courier of my choice, at my expense so I used FedEx rather than Canada post.   I got confirmation from FedEX it was delivered this morning to the mailing address in Sainte-Catherine.  What happens next?  Anybody know how long does it take to go from the mail sorting facility to the consular section for visa issuance .  Will my CEAC date get updated for the receipt of the passport?  I was told to write time sensitive on  the courier envelope since my medical expires in a few weeks.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bog-can said:

@LAMA9 I am in AP and was finally asked to sent My passport back.  They said I could use the courier of my choice, at my expense so I used FedEx rather than Canada post.   I got confirmation from FedEX it was delivered this morning to the mailing address in Sainte-Catherine.  What happens next?  Anybody know how long does it take to go from the mail sorting facility to the consular section for visa issuance .  Will my CEAC date get updated for the receipt of the passport?  I was told to write time sensitive on  the courier envelope since my medical expires in a few weeks.  

That's strange that you didn't have the option of the internal courier?  I am not sure how long outside couriers take for the transfer, unfortunately.  Sounds like you are almost there though, so congrats!  I'm guessing you were not issued a 5535 and only in AP?  What was the reason if you are comfortable sharing and when was your interview?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LAMA9 said:

That's strange that you didn't have the option of the internal courier?  I am not sure how long outside couriers take for the transfer, unfortunately.  Sounds like you are almost there though, so congrats!  I'm guessing you were not issued a 5535 and only in AP?  What was the reason if you are comfortable sharing and when was your interview?

I’m not sure what you mean by internal courier.  The instructions included a courier In Authorization certificate for purolator or bls.  I brought it to purolator and they had no idea what to do with it.  So I brought it to FedEx and used the mailing address provided  since they have overnight delivery and included the barcode page with my name and case number, as instructed, in my courier envelope. Anybody else know how long it takes to get to the consular officer? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.