Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

117 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Sam and Jesse said:

I Chatted with USCIS through Emma With a Live Agent Chat, They told me that my service center is California Service Center.

But the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1 mentioned at the bottom that our Service center is Potomac...

Sooo I don't know which is correct.. :(

I-130 petitions can be transferred between service centers anytime and any number of times, based on USCIS workload balancing logic that is clear as mud to outsiders like us.  You'll find out the actual service center on the NOA2 letter when your petition is approved.  Until then, not much you can do but wait, unfortunately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sam and Jesse said:

I Chatted with USCIS through Emma With a Live Agent Chat, They told me that my service center is California Service Center.

But the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1 mentioned at the bottom that our Service center is Potomac...

Sooo I don't know which is correct.. :(

So Confused with this process.

Hey where did you chat with USCIS? Any link if you can share? Thanks in anticipation !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, nka1509 said:

Hey where did you chat with USCIS? Any link if you can share? Thanks in anticipation !!

If you go to the USCIS homepage (or any other page, such as the contact page) during I assume 8am-8pm Eastern (thats when their other contact centers are open), you will see on the right side a little box that says "Need Help? Ask Emma". That will get you into the chat-bot, then you just need to keep saying "speak to live agent" until it connects you (I think you have to pick a reason, generally?) Then when you are connected, you give case info and they should be able to tell you what SC you are at.

I have called several times USCIS contact because Emma is not able to help with my questions or case. August 3rd AM when I called and finally was able to obtain a representative (Ashley) told me that she could help by having a Tier 2 Officer contact me and that would be 3 days. She provided me with the "202" phone number below. However, don't bother to call like I tried because it's only an automated voice recording and it will only hang up on you.

Yesterday was more than 3 days, and I've not heard anything of course so I called and waited the 43 minutes on hold for USCIS, someone picked up (because music stopped playing)....I continued to say "hello" to emptiness and then after a maybe a minute or two - I was then disconnected.

I have emailed the DCF for the Embassy in India, and only an automated email response.

Any other suggestions since no one has called?

It's really frustrating because I would really like my husband with me as I need to handle some health challenges and would refer not to handle by myself. I don't understand why it takes our government so long to determine if people are permitted into our country legally when many thousands come across our southern border illegally and those individuals were being placed on buses and taken to D.C.

Below was the email I received on 8/3:

An immigration officer will call or email you to answer your question(s), or schedule an appointment for you, if that is needed. You will receive a text message and/or email one to two business days before we contact you. Officers will begin calls starting at 7am local time.

If you have…

We will respond to you

an urgent situation

within 72 hours, Monday thru Friday

a question that is not urgent

within 30 calendar days

a technical issue like a password reset

within 2-3 business days

If we respond to you by phone, the number that will appear in your caller ID is 202-838-2104. If you don’t have caller ID, the USCIS officer will confirm the service item number you were given when you first contacted us. If by email, the sender will be no-reply@uscis.dhs.gov.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
On 8/5/2022 at 6:21 AM, nka1509 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I talked to them during their hours of operation which are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.

The USCIS website has on the right side a little box that says "Need Help? Ask Emma".

you will get a chat bot and I kept typing Live Chat, live chat, live chat until I got into the live chat, which I waited for almost an hour in line to get to the representative. 

When you connect with a representative, you have to give your case info, and the petitioner's info for security reasons. Then ask them what you want, they told me which Service Center our case is at.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/29/2022 at 12:42 PM, muzaffer28 said:

Have you received a notice of receipt for your i129f yet?  My tracking showed delivered to po box 7/18 but no notice back as of yet.

Deleted by author

Edited by apond

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jeshua said:

Seen plenty of people today get approved for I-130 from April filing that filed out a K3 visa. Currently beating myself up…

Really? April of 2022? Don't worry. All we can do is wait. This process isn't the best for the mental health but it's all a means to an end.  

My approval estimate from VJ skyrocketed from Feb to May hahahah. 

20 minutes ago, Orzo said:

Really? April of 2022? Don't worry. All we can do is wait. This process isn't the best for the mental health but it's all a means to an end.  

My approval estimate from VJ skyrocketed from Feb to May hahahah. 

Yeah I’m in a bunch of FB groups to try and track it. Applied in April with K3 in May and got approved these past few days. Very hard on mental health and distance is still awful:( Yeah I think my latest estimate was April haha

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jeshua said:

Yeah I’m in a bunch of FB groups to try and track it. Applied in April with K3 in May and got approved these past few days. Very hard on mental health and distance is still awful:( Yeah I think my latest estimate was April haha

This is great news for me, as its pretty much my exact timeline. Realistically though, its just anecdotal and I'll be waiting with the rest of us hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Don't think it actually means anything but my status changed to being actively reviewed a couple weeks ago, and the new processing time drop down in my account shows 3 months, which points to before year end.  Year end wouldnt be terrible all things considered I guess

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Everyone,

Below is my timeline to NOA2.

Submitted: April 18, 2022 Online

NOA1:  April 18, 2022 (Online Filing)

I-129F (K3) - Mailed in July 29, 2022, USCIS Received August 01, 2022

NOA2: October 13, 2022, Received Approval Notice via Documents Section

At the moment my case status is still set to being Actively Reviewed by USCIS but under my Documents Section there is already a Approval Letter. I will reach out to ask Emma to make sure. Will update with further information.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hmoobphajej said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Below is my timeline to NOA2.

Submitted: April 18, 2022 Online

NOA1:  April 18, 2022 (Online Filing)

I-129F (K3) - Mailed in July 29, 2022, USCIS Received August 01, 2022

NOA2: October 13, 2022, Received Approval Notice via Documents Section

At the moment my case status is still set to being Actively Reviewed by USCIS but under my Documents Section there is already a Approval Letter. I will reach out to ask Emma to make sure. Will update with further information.

That's fantastic news! Congrats! Do you know where your case was processed? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.