Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

115 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone! I didn't see a thread for us April folks yet. We are almost 3 months into our wait! Time is actually going by fairly quickly for me. Probably because I'm overworked... 

Submitted: April 20,2022 Online

NOA1:  April 20,2022 Immediately after submitting.  

Looking forward to reading your stories and getting approved with all of you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello! Just found out yesterday my case is now actually at Vermont whereas it was originally in Nebraska, the processing times difference between the 2 (6 months vs 15) is really disappointing.  I think I'm going to submit a k3/129f visa too in the hopes it'll do anything.

Timeline
6 hours ago, muzaffer28 said:

Hello! Just found out yesterday my case is now actually at Vermont whereas it was originally in Nebraska, the processing times difference between the 2 (6 months vs 15) is really disappointing.  I think I'm going to submit a k3/129f visa too in the hopes it'll do anything.

Same exact situation with me! I asked EMMA a day after my NOA1 and they said it was in Vermont. 

I'm trying to time my wife's visa to line up so that we can move together once my contract is up in Japan in July of next year.  (I get free airfare for the trip back) 

Coincidentally, I just sent out my I-129F. 

$35 bucks to ship from Japan... Yikes. 

Hello! I filed our I-130 online...here's my timeline. 

I just received a Request for Evidence dated June 24th, so maybe that is "RFE"????

I am still learning since I'm newbie.

image.thumb.png.689cb16e05a9a50eca1f75a7637bd331.png

Timeline
18 minutes ago, LM & J said:

Hello! I filed our I-130 online...here's my timeline. 

I just received a Request for Evidence dated June 24th, so maybe that is "RFE"????

I am still learning since I'm newbie.

image.thumb.png.689cb16e05a9a50eca1f75a7637bd331.png

Pretty sure that would be an RFE

That's also insanely fast! Did you send an I-129F too? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, LM & J said:

Yes, RFE = Request for Evidence. As the other poster mentioned, thats a surprisingly fast RFE, only 2 weeks.

I wonder if for online filers, the USCIS has some sort of new system which can automate some of the review, kinda like how HR in companies can automate scanning resumes? Considering they said their aspirational/target goal is to be doing I-130 reviews in <6months...

Thanks you! We were approved USCIS NOA1 on April 11.

I've been requesting expediate for medical emergency - brain tumor.

The Potomac Service Center approved request for expedite processing on June 23.

Then June 24th, they sent the RFE....Now we are working on gathering the documentation.

Timeline
On 7/2/2022 at 12:10 AM, LM & J said:

Thanks you! We were approved USCIS NOA1 on April 11.

I've been requesting expediate for medical emergency - brain tumor.

The Potomac Service Center approved request for expedite processing on June 23.

Then June 24th, they sent the RFE....Now we are working on gathering the documentation.

Ah. I see. I'm sorry to hear about that situation. I'm glad you have been expedited and hope you are able to get the care needed soon! 

Edited by Orzo

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hii

Filed Online and as per the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1, our Service center is Potomac…

NOA1: 02 April 2022

Still waiting for any updates…

I miss my husband so much :(  

USCIS CASE STATUS.JPG

Filed online April 9th

Actively Reviewed June 28th (have been told this doesn't really matter)

Filed K3 July 13th (have been told this is a waste of postage)

My I-130 receipt said Texas Service Center but after I tried and failed to request expedite I found out that I-130 was transferred on the same day I filed to Potomac. 

I emailed the K3 application to my family to mail it for me because I am living abroad with spouse. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 6/28/2022 at 1:43 AM, Orzo said:

Same exact situation with me! I asked EMMA a day after my NOA1 and they said it was in Vermont. 

I'm trying to time my wife's visa to line up so that we can move together once my contract is up in Japan in July of next year.  (I get free airfare for the trip back) 

Coincidentally, I just sent out my I-129F. 

$35 bucks to ship from Japan... Yikes. 

Have you received a notice of receipt for your i129f yet?  My tracking showed delivered to po box 7/18 but no notice back as of yet.

Timeline
4 hours ago, muzaffer28 said:

Have you received a notice of receipt for your i129f yet?  My tracking showed delivered to po box 7/18 but no notice back as of yet

Yes, I finally did! It was a little over a week after the carrier said that it was delivered. I only received the paper copy through the mail though, even though I sent in the email form too. Maybe that's only applicable for the I-130. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
On 7/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, Sam and Jesse said:

Hii

Filed Online and as per the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1, our Service center is Potomac…

NOA1: 02 April 2022

Still waiting for any updates…

I miss my husband so much :(

USCIS CASE STATUS.JPG

I Chatted with USCIS through Emma With a Live Agent Chat, They told me that my service center is California Service Center.

But the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1 mentioned at the bottom that our Service center is Potomac...

Sooo I don't know which is correct.. :(

So Confused with this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.