A110

Risk Based Approach and Processing times

22 posts in this topic

What do you think would be the impact of the risk-based approach on I751 processing times? I personally think the implication can be huge and would shave so much time off as the officers would spend less time on each "average" case and the due diligence for each case would be much simpler assuming they are straightforward (let's face it most cases are given most people have been interviewed for their I485 even with complications such as a divorce as long as there is good evidence). I also have the theory that with the coming elections the Democrats want faster processing times as it would be likely most immigrants would favor them so I do think the processing times are gonna speed up.

Last but not least covid is also over so things are kinda back to normal. What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

By risk based approach do you mean discrimination?

What factors would you use?

You have to be a USC to vote 

Most people are more concerned with inflation, economy how they will pay their bills etc

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Dude41 said:

Last but not least covid is also over so things are kinda back to normal.

Covid is not "over," nor will it ever be.  It continues to impact staffing as people get sick and must quarantine/take time off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, Dude41 said:

I personally think the implication can be huge and would shave so much time off as the officers would spend less time on each "average" case and the due diligence for each case would be much simpler assuming they are straightforward

Officers will still need to be trained. Not going to happen overnight.

the Democrats want faster processing times as it would be likely most immigrants would favor them

Democrats have been in power for almost two years and they’ve done nothing for immigrants, other than just giving empty promises.

least covid is also over

Uh?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

I think it will take time to apply.

and even if they have not fulfilled all their promises, Democrats are definitely better for immigrants than Republicans, just remember stephen miller, the public charge rule, new test for naturalization, bogging down the legal immigration system, etc.etc. etc.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Rafagus said:

Democrats are definitely better for immigrants than Republicans,

They haven’t done much …

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, say what you want but I personally think with the new processing time interface USCIS is actually implementing some strategies to address the backlog. There would be no need for more transparency if all they wanted was more complaints. I personally think processing times will slowly improve within the next 6 months or so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 10:37 AM, Dude41 said:

What do you think would be the impact of the risk-based approach on I751 processing times?

That is what is in place now.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, Rafagus said:

Democrats are definitely better for immigrants than Republicans,

LOL!!!!!!!!  So, are you saying immigrants don't know that inflation is sky-high, government spending is excessive, gas prices are outrageous, and the southern border is wide open?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Dude41 said:

Ok, say what you want but I personally think with the new processing time interface USCIS is actually implementing some strategies to address the backlog. There would be no need for more transparency if all they wanted was more complaints. I personally think processing times will slowly improve within the next 6 months or so.

You’re of course free to believe what you want. 
I still have to see changes across the board in order to say it was successful.

On 6/19/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rafagus said:

Democrats are definitely better for immigrants than Republicans

… how? I’m an immigrant and I still see inflation is sky high, gad is outrageous, the border is still open while in the meantime those of us who are doing things legally are still under the backlog…

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

LOL!!!!!!!!  So, are you saying immigrants don't know that inflation is sky-high, government spending is excessive, gas prices are outrageous, and the southern border is wide open?  

Oh for a minute I thought “Dang! Crazy Cat knows a lot about Argentina!”😂😂😂

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

4 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

4 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

You’re of course free to believe what you want. 
I still have to see changes across the board in order to say it was successful.

… how? I’m an immigrant and I still see inflation is sky high, gad is outrageous, the border is still open while in the meantime those of us who are doing things legally are still under the backlog…

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he's talking about immigration policies specifically.  And he gave enough examples of why that's the case.

9 hours ago, Moe428 said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he's talking about immigration policies specifically.  And he gave enough examples of why that's the case.

Y0u are correct.

I really don't see what gas prices and inflation have anything to do with immigration policies,  they are hurdles faced by everyone living in the USA.  I guess that's a way of pivoting the subject. 

If the stephen miller public charge rule had been in effect, many of the people in this forum would not even have access to the legal immigration process.  Most of the backlogs were artificially and purposely placed in the legal immigration process, for example, requiring an interview for ALL adjustment of status cases, and specially ROC applications.

And I do understand that we all wish that all of this had been undone quickly, sadly that is just not how government works, although, lately there have been good signs.

The previous administration was so pernicious against immigrants the they even tried to change the interpretation of the 14th amendment of the Constitution to eliminate birthright citizenship, and they tried to get rid of DACA.  

It's pretty simple the Dems want less strict immigration policies and the conservatives want the opposite. Part of it is border control, Daca, and things relevant to that, the other part is the number of Visas being issued and less strict immigration policies in general. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INFLATION. IT IS PART OF THEIR AGENDA. Now whether the current issues regarding the economy, guns, or abortion will make an immigrant vote for republicans is an entirely different matter. I just laid some of my thoughts as to why the processing times may improve and people are expecting to either see immediate results (I clearly stated that we may start to see the effects by the next 6 months) or somehow relate this to the economy or the price of gas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.