JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

On Monday we received email from Embassy saying we could schedule our interview on Aug 30 or Sept 19.  Aug 30 was impossible, so we are trying for Set 19.  We completed D-160 online and registered on Embassy web site yesterday. Today we paid the visa fee with cash at the approved local bank.  Once the embassy receives confirmation of the payment, we will be able to confirm  the Sept 19 date and schedule the physical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Today we received confirmation that the embassy received our visa payment so we confirmed our appointment for Sept 19.  It turns out the embassy only does interviews on the 19th or 30th of the month.

Now scheduling the physical and gathering all needed info for the interview.  Plan to fly to the US on Oct 7!!! It is in sight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, just received my NOA2! When is the time to create an account at the ceac website? How long is uscis taking to send the cases to NVC?

*I just notice this is the wrong topic, should have gone to the July filers one, sorry. But I appreciate if anyone could help me :)

Edited by Mbfernandes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

The Cameroonian Embassy contacted my fiancé advised him of the fees he needed to pay on Thursday by email. Friday he paid the fees and we were thinking we would hear back from them Monday but they emailed him confirmation today and the link to schedule his interview 🤩🤩🤩 The first part was sooo long and I thought this day would never come but the second part is going quickly 🥰🥰🥰

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do we need to wait for the letter to come from the embassy to book our interview? We've got our NVC number and our case is ready at the embassy, and i've got everything together than I need to have for the interview, so I could feasibly book now, we just haven't received anything from the embassy yet...

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

1 hour ago, Dale. said:

Well done!!  Very exciting.  How was the medical 

Medical was straight forward. I need a blood test for chicken pox immunity and then another flu vaccination because the one I got at chemist warehouse hadn't been put into the system annoyingly but it took two hours and was all very straightforward 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 minute ago, sourumeboshi said:

Medical was straight forward. I need a blood test for chicken pox immunity and then another flu vaccination because the one I got at chemist warehouse hadn't been put into the system annoyingly but it took two hours and was all very straightforward 

Oh that would be frustrating!!!  I'm glad it was straight forward,  hopefully it's still the same when I go

3 hours ago, Dale. said:

Bien fait!! Très excitant. Comment s'est passé l'examen médical 

3 hours ago, Dale. said:

Bien fait!! Très excitant. Comment s'est passé l'examen médical 

4 hours ago, sourumeboshi said:

Notre rendez-vous est pris ! 7 septembre. je crie 

what month was it DQ please

1 minute ago, Shedou said:

what month was it DQ please

K1s do not DQ with the NVC. Depending on the embassy they will request the documents directly like ours did. They asked us to send documents for financial support, the police report ect this month which was done. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
2 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Our case was sent to the consulate today. 61 days since NOA2.

Congrats! I see you have NVC received 8/11, did you get a notification for that specifically or did everything come at once when you got the latest notification?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Congrats! I see you have NVC received 8/11, did you get a notification for that specifically or did everything come at once when you got the latest notification?

No, I requested an expedite at NVC level after about 5 weeks without hearing anything and they replied that they don’t have our case yet and it may take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send it to NVC. So by the end of 6 weeks I requested another expedite and they said they just received our case, so that’s what I inputted as “NVC received”. 
P.S. the expedite was denied. They only said they will send it “as soon as possible”. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.