JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

On NVC's website it says, "Current case creation time frame: As of 18-Jul-22, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 6-Jul-22."

What does this mean, we were approved well before 6 july, but still do not have a case number?

Why is NVC so slow to give us the case number?

Is there anything we can do? (Already tried to do an inquiry, but looks like they take a long time do respond to that.

1 hour ago, Display Name2 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

On NVC's website it says, "Current case creation time frame: As of 18-Jul-22, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 6-Jul-22."

What does this mean, we were approved well before 6 july, but still do not have a case number?

Is there anything we can do? (Already tried to do an inquiry, but looks like they take a long time do respond to that.

Normally, you'd be able to call them and find out your case number but they turned off their phone. Funny how that is...

You just have to wait until they send it to your embassy and that really determines your wait time now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Display Name2 said:

I have seen the average wait time to be 30-45days after approval and the website says to call only after 30 days. I haven’t seen anyone get approved in faster timeframes but I also haven’t tried calling as it hasn’t been 30days since we received our approval 

55 minutes ago, Emerick said:

I have seen the average wait time to be 30-45days after approval and the website says to call only after 30 days. I haven’t seen anyone get approved in faster timeframes but I also haven’t tried calling as it hasn’t been 30days since we received our approval 

they've turned off their phones, you can't call them. you can contact them through the contact form, which takes 2 months for them to respond to. so you're just in a waiting pattern.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 hours ago, Display Name2 said:

very good questions! I'd like to know the same about what that means.

If our NOA2 was before July 6, that means that the NVC has already created our case (based on their statement)? If our cases are already created, are they just sitting there at NVC waiting to be sent out to the embassy then?

Additionally, am I understanding correctly that the NVC only emails people with their case numbers every other Monday and Tuesday (they just sent out emails with case numbers to some people yesterday and Monday (7/18 and 7/19), next emails should come out on August 1 and 2 if this is true)  or are those just the days that the NVC sends the cases to the embassies and we could potentially receive an email with the NVC case number on any given weekday (including Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)?

Thirdly, does NVC only email you the case number once the case is sent to the embassy or could it be while the case is still at NVC waiting to be sent out? (looking for recent, not historical/typical detail here)

I am unable to find a clear answer on these questions so my apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Edited by K_&_A

55 minutes ago, K_&_A said:

very good questions! I'd like to know the same about what that means.

If our NOA2 was before July 6, that means that the NVC has already created our case (based on their statement)? If our cases are already created, are they just sitting there at NVC waiting to be sent out to the embassy then?

Additionally, am I understanding correctly that the NVC only emails people with their case numbers every other Monday and Tuesday (they just sent out emails with case numbers to some people yesterday and Monday (7/18 and 7/19), next emails should come out on August 1 and 2 if this is true)  or are those just the days that the NVC sends the cases to the embassies and we could potentially receive an email with the NVC case number on any given weekday (including Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)?

Thirdly, does NVC only email you the case number once the case is sent to the embassy or could it be while the case is still at NVC waiting to be sent out? (looking for recent, not historical/typical detail here)

I am unable to find a clear answer on these questions so my apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Ok so I'm no expert but here's what I understand...

It takes about 1-2 weeks for your documents to get to NVC, so NOA2 date plus 14 days is when your packet got there. If that date is prior to the date they have listed, you probably already have a case number.

They email people when they send out their documents to the embassy. So, yes, they do it twice a month every other week on Tuesday and Wednesday apparently. But I did see that some people got notices last Friday too so I'm not sure if maybe they're changing their processes or something. It's possible. As far as I understand they won't email you until they are sending out your documents to the embassy.

Where did you see that people got notices on Monday and yesterday? I haven't seen any posts on visajourney..

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, zedag said:

Ok so I'm no expert but here's what I understand...

It takes about 1-2 weeks for your documents to get to NVC, so NOA2 date plus 14 days is when your packet got there. If that date is prior to the date they have listed, you probably already have a case number.

They email people when they send out their documents to the embassy. So, yes, they do it twice a month every other week on Tuesday and Wednesday apparently. But I did see that some people got notices last Friday too so I'm not sure if maybe they're changing their processes or something. It's possible. As far as I understand they won't email you until they are sending out your documents to the embassy.

Where did you see that people got notices on Monday and yesterday? I haven't seen any posts on visajourney..

Thanks!

I appreciate you sharing your understanding with me! It helped me understand some of it a little better.

So, yes, they do it twice a month every other week on Tuesday and Wednesday apparently. But I did see that some people got notices last Friday too so I'm not sure if maybe they're changing their processes or something.

This is exactly why I ask.. because I also saw folks saying they received notices on a Friday so that is actually where all of my confusion started.

There have been at least 2 people in the May 2021 filer Facebook group that shared that they received their notice yesterday and also one user on VisaJourney in this thread here:

and I quote:

"NOA 1,  April 26

NOA 2, June the 17th

NVC case number today July 19"

I might've been wrong about Monday as I can't seem to find the posts on FB right now but I have for certain seen a few stating they received their number yesterday.

Thank you for your insight!

Ah ok so maybe it was just yesterday. I only saw ones from yesterday so far, there weren't that many. But then, yeah there were some that came out on Friday for people who have their cases at the embassy in China I guess. I have a feeling they might be changing their processes if that continues, maybe they're not going to be doing it bi-weekly anymore? just a thought, definitely don't have any information on it to confirm lol this is so frustrating, we got the NOA2 on June 6th, month and a half already has gone by.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

from the timeline report, i see 8 “NVC left” on 7/19 that included few early june noa2. there are 2 on 7/15 and one on 7/13. before that are 7/5. so, it does look like this was shipping week. i am 6/6 noa2 and we missed this week. now, we wait and hope for 8/2.

this waiting gets shorter but is harder.

thank you all for the conversations while we wait.

12 hours ago, 4thntr said:

from the timeline report, i see 8 “NVC left” on 7/19 that included few early june noa2. there are 2 on 7/15 and one on 7/13. before that are 7/5. so, it does look like this was shipping week. i am 6/6 noa2 and we missed this week. now, we wait and hope for 8/2.

this waiting gets shorter but is harder.

thank you all for the conversations while we wait.

well so that means that they do ship things out throughout the weeks in between as well, it's not only on "the shipping days" as it may have been previously. I mean, considering they have a backlog, maybe they're making adjustments for now to try to clear it out. One can hope.

Timeline

hi all, i would like to request those that have emails from NVC with case #, please update your timeline with NVC received date. after the first 3 characters, after 4 numbers (2022), take the next 3 numbers subtract 500 and that is the julian date. i didn’t figure that 😂, it is mentioned in the forums. in their processing times, they mention processing Jul 6 as of Jul 18. so, everyone whose cases left NVC must have their case received on or before Jul 6.

32 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

hi all, i would like to request those that have emails from NVC with case #, please update your timeline with NVC received date. after the first 3 characters, after 4 numbers (2022), take the next 3 numbers subtract 500 and that is the julian date. i didn’t figure that 😂, it is mentioned in the forums. in their processing times, they mention processing Jul 6 as of Jul 18. so, everyone whose cases left NVC must have their case received on or before Jul 6.

What is a Julian date? I don’t understand this post

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redrobot said:

What is a Julian date? I don’t understand this post

if case number is AMS2021795nn 

AMS - Amsterdam 

year 2021

795 - 500 = 295

oct 22 is 295th day of year (julian day)

nn is the sequence on that day

time at NVC keeps changing, knowing current dates, just helps the anxious k1s 

for 129f, nvc is a pass thru unlike 130

Edited by 4thntr

10 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

AMS - Amsterdam 

year 2021

795 - 500 = 295

for 129f, nvc is a pass thru unlike 

Just now, Redrobot said:
11 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

AMS - Amsterdam 

year 2021

795 - 500 = 295

for 129f, nvc is a pass thru unlike 

I understand now, but I already knew that 22 oct was our filing date.. no worries!

Timeline

hi @Redrobot, this was more for 129fs. now that nvc won’t take phone calls, we only know case number when they send us an email after the send to embassy. because of this, some timelines are being updated with same date for nvc received and nvc left. with all the time we have, while waiting, we try to solve these unnecessary puzzles 🤣

Edited by 4thntr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.