JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

hi @Redrobot, this was more for 129fs. now that nvc won’t take phone calls, we only know case number when they send us an email after the send to embassy. because of this, some timelines are being updated with same date for nvc received and nvc left. with all the time we have, while waiting, we try to solve these unnecessary puzzles 🤣

Oh, I hear you on that.. that’s why I’m even following seemingly irrelevant-to-my-case threads such as this one.. the vacuum of information regarding NVC is unbearable for all of us!

Edited by Redrobot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, zedag said:

Ah ok so maybe it was just yesterday. I only saw ones from yesterday so far, there weren't that many. But then, yeah there were some that came out on Friday for people who have their cases at the embassy in China I guess. I have a feeling they might be changing their processes if that continues, maybe they're not going to be doing it bi-weekly anymore? just a thought, definitely don't have any information on it to confirm lol this is so frustrating, we got the NOA2 on June 6th, month and a half already has gone by.

I'm in an April group on facebook and a good amount of people posted their in transit emails from NVC.

9 hours ago, centric23 said:

I'm in an April group on facebook and a good amount of people posted their in transit emails from NVC.

Yeah I joined that group too, I saw it.

We sent an expedite request and they emailed back saying they've sent the request to the embassy so we'll see what happens. Maybe we can get things moving next week if we're lucky.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
18 hours ago, 4thntr said:

hi @Redrobot, this was more for 129fs. now that nvc won’t take phone calls, we only know case number when they send us an email after the send to embassy. because of this, some timelines are being updated with same date for nvc received and nvc left. with all the time we have, while waiting, we try to solve these unnecessary puzzles 🤣

Is this for only certain countries or are you guys noticing a pattern with all of them that the NVC is only sending case numbers after they send them to the embassy. I mean how are they completing the DS-160, can you complete it without the NVC case #

2 hours ago, Emerick said:

Is this for only certain countries or are you guys noticing a pattern with all of them that the NVC is only sending case numbers after they send them to the embassy. I mean how are they completing the DS-160, can you complete it without the NVC case #

you can't complete it without the NVC case #. For 129f you just wait until they ship your docs to the embassy and at that point you fill it out and pay the fees.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:11 AM, zedag said:

they've turned off their phones, you can't call them. you can contact them through the contact form, which takes 2 months for them to respond to. so you're just in a waiting pattern.

hey !! im beneficiary from india .

i got NOA2 on 21 june !! 

any idea how much time NVC takes to send us welcome letter ?? 

13 minutes ago, pratty said:

hey !! im beneficiary from india .

i got NOA2 on 21 june !! 

any idea how much time NVC takes to send us welcome letter ?? 

you're not going to get one most likely. from what I understand, we'll only get the email notification that our documents got shipped to the embassy and that's it.

6 hours ago, pratty said:

means no case number ? 

in new edition i-134 should we fill beneficiary assets and income ?

you'll get the case number in the email that NVC sends you when they've shipped your case to the embassy. that's what you'll use to fill out all the documents.

the rest I'm not so confident on, I think there's a lot of advice on this website about that form that's better informed than I am..sorry! I wish I could help but I'm not confident on that aspect at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

The petitioner gets an email from nvc with case number when the case is in transit or when it sits at nvc for 60 days (in case embassy is backlogged).

With the case number you can fill in ds160.

When the case is ready at embassy then they mail the beneficiary with instructions

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

8 hours ago, Etherial said:

The petitioner gets an email from nvc with case number when the case is in transit or when it sits at nvc for 60 days (in case embassy is backlogged).

With the case number you can fill in ds160.

When the case is ready at embassy then they mail the beneficiary with instructions

I think you need the invoice number as well to fill out the ds160. I have my case number because we requested an expedite and they replied back with the case number (expedite denied though). Maybe I missed something? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, zedag said:

I think you need the invoice number as well to fill out the ds160. I have my case number because we requested an expedite and they replied back with the case number (expedite denied though). Maybe I missed something? 

U can leave the invoice number blank and proceed you dont need it

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We got our transfer notice to Mumbai embassy. 
noa1 May 4, 2021

noa2 June 6, 2022

nvc received July 8, 2022

nvc left August 2, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Tried to expedite our case at nvc, only to find out NVC doesn't even have my case yet. We received NOA2 on June 24th. I'm pretty worried, and had to send a follow-up email to a seperate address asking them to find my case😅 Anyone else experience this? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.