JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

Best time to call is first thing in the morning or late in the evening to avoid any extended wait times.

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to thisthreadplease read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Below you’ll find the 2022 Shipping Dates calendar I created so you can track when your case might be sent from NVC to your embassy. 

image.thumb.png.f130c755d65d3d5084df26f6f71b0126.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

FYI from FB Group:

Source Link:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html

Important Notice Effective May 23, 2022

To address critical backlogs, the National Visa Center has suspended our public inquiry telephone line.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  The suspension of public inquiry telephone lines will not impede any essential functions of the National Visa Center and individuals will still be able to contact us using the methods identified below and find information regarding common IV and NIV inquiries on our Helpful Hints pages.

Edited by Merica-n

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

NOA 1: June 21, 2021

NOA 2: May 10, 2022

Waiting for my case being transferred to NVC, luckily my embassy is getting cases from NVC pretty fast so I'm super excited!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, dahianaly1 said:

NOA 1: June 21, 2021

NOA 2: May 10, 2022

Waiting for my case being transferred to NVC, luckily my embassy is getting cases from NVC pretty fast so I'm super excited!!

May I ask which embassy?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, xfilez76 said:

May I ask which embassy?

Lima, Peru! Backlog here was cleared since last year

Edited by dahianaly1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Re, K-1 Visa:

What are we supposed to if we can’t call them? Most people call the NVC to get their case number as most people never receive the supposed ‘Welcome Letter’ from the NVC? How are we suppose to get our case number if we can’t call :( I know there is the online enquiry form but the wait time for doing that is just over a couple of months :( God I hope we don’t have to wait another couple of months to just get a case number :( 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

Re, K-1 Visa:

What are we supposed to if we can’t call them? Most people call the NVC to get their case number as most people never receive the supposed ‘Welcome Letter’ from the NVC? How are we suppose to get our case number if we can’t call :( I know there is the online enquiry form but the wait time for doing that is just over a couple of months :( God I hope we don’t have to wait another couple of months to just get a case number :( 

Petitioner will get an email with case number when the NVC send your case to your embassy, so you just need to wait

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
8 hours ago, dahianaly1 said:

Petitioner will get an email with case number when the NVC send your case to your embassy, so you just need to wait

I'm looking to transfer my embassy while my case is still at NVC, it'll be too late for me if it's already sent to the embassy. So people like myself can't afford to wait for it to be sent to the embassy... should I send an email now and hope that in 8 weeks time from now they'll be able to tell me my case #? I think its insane that they can just say they're not taking calls at ALL. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
On 5/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, lidiahxo said:

Why is nobody here..is there a different thread with more people? :)

I was thinking the same thing! I tried to find this month's group last week and didn't see one. But in any case, I'm happy there is one. I'm currently waiting for our case number and *fingers crossed* it will get sent to the embassy soon. Is there a way to see an embassy's processing times? or even next appointments? I can't find a place for K-1 non-immigrant interview times 😕 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey all! Just got approval notice today and am wondering “what do I do next?” Is there anything you all recommend doing first?

I feel so thankful to be at the next step and will be researching all weekend. Thank you all for any advice in advance :)

1 hour ago, Claire.MC23 said:

Hey all! Just got approval notice today and am wondering “what do I do next?” Is there anything you all recommend doing first?

I feel so thankful to be at the next step and will be researching all weekend. Thank you all for any advice in advance :)

Same! I guess what we have to do is to wait for NVC to get our cases, which may takes about a month? And once we have our case number from NVC, we can track the status with the link following

Once the case has arrived at the embassy, then make an appointment.

Edited by danli
typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
10 hours ago, danli said:

Same! I guess what we have to do is to wait for NVC to get our cases, which may takes about a month? And once we have our case number from NVC, we can track the status with the link following

Once the case has arrived at the embassy, then make an appointment.

Okay cool! Thank you! Has your fiancé started working on the DS-160 application, or is it too early for that? Some of that isn’t super clear to me but I know NVC should also send some next steps. So happy for you to get your approval too! 

9 hours ago, Claire.MC23 said:

Okay cool! Thank you! Has your fiancé started working on the DS-160 application, or is it too early for that? Some of that isn’t super clear to me but I know NVC should also send some next steps. So happy for you to get your approval too! 

Happy for you too!

We haven't start the ds160 and i134 yet, for ds160,  we have very simple background, so it shouldn't take long for us, and I have all the document ready for i134.(I'm planning to provide tax transcript, bank statement, insurance policy, stock account and deed) But I think they might want to see the most recent document, so I will download those documents when my fiancé schedule his interview. I will also be making an album of our pictures, itineraries, chat history when I have time.

Meanwhile my fiancé is preparing other documents that required for interview (birth certificate and police certificate), we will also call the medical center to see if we have to make appointment for the medical exam.

I'm so excited about this, we haven't see each other since the pandemic, can't wait!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got our approval on 5/16 and haven't gotten anything in the mail or by email yet.  It's been 2 weeks, I was going to call but appparently that is not an option now.  I will wait another week or two, before submitting online inquiry.  I am also looking to file an expedite request but if Jamaica is moving quickly - we might not need to do that! Anyone have any info on that?  or how I can find out...

Thanks and happy waiting everyone :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.