JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Ailey & Juho said:

Where did you guys put in your email on the application? I know I put mine (the petitioner) email in but I didn't see anywhere for my applicant to put his in. Will they send the NVC case number to me then? It's been over 30 days since our approval and I don't even know if the NVC has gotten it yet as I can't call for a case number now.

Part 5 section 5 is where I put mine as the petitioner. I checked over our original file submitted and I didn't see a space for entering the fiancee email. The waiting game is really getting to me. NOA2 of 9.May.2022(originally 6.May.2022, but USCIS changed it). I'm checking my email and spam folder regularly for the NVC notice. 

Getting very frustrated. NOA2 was 6.May.2022(USCIS website has updated to say 9.May.2022 but approval notice says 6.May.2022) and no word from NVC or my embassy/consulate, no case number yet.

I had a job lined up as a GS with the Feds in the US since December 2021 and they told me yesterday that if I can't start by 6.July.2022, that they can't hold it open any longer. I am living/working in Bahrain with my fiancee and made a commitment to her that we would leave here together upon approval of her visa, that I wouldn't go on ahead of her. So I kindly informed them I can't take the job if they need me that soon, that I am standing by the commitment I made. I have another job lined up and am able to work here in Bahrain until the K1 is issued for my fiancee, but I'm still disappointed to be in this position. We are ready to go! No one is willing to help either at NVC or embassy until I get the case number. 

Any May 2022 NOA2 out there who have heard from either NVC or their embassy for progress? My embassy has responded to all of my inquiries very quickly but just can't do much until they get my physical file from NVC. If I knew when I started this process what I know now I would have married her here in Bahrain and gone CR-1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/18/2022 at 1:47 AM, Bahrainexpat said:

Any May 2022 NOA2 out there who have heard from either NVC or their embassy for progress? My embassy has responded to all of my inquiries very quickly but just can't do much until they get my physical file from NVC. If I knew when I started this process what I know now I would have married her here in Bahrain and gone CR-1. 

Hello! Haven’t heard anything either unfortunately…although I haven’t reached out to the embassy, figured I would wait till the 60 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I got an email this morning from NVC that our application is on its way to Chile (NOA2 date - 5/26/22). We got our new case number as well. I hope all of yours are coming soon! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sonya N said:

Congratulations!! Did they request any documents from you? 

It mostly said they are now sending the application to our embassy and gave us our case number. 

it said this word for word:

“Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.”

these were the only steps provided! 

33 minutes ago, Claire.MC23 said:

It mostly said they are now sending the application to our embassy and gave us our case number. 

it said this word for word:

“Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.”

these were the only steps provided! 

Thank you for your quick reply and good luck. 

8 hours ago, Claire.MC23 said:

I got an email this morning from NVC that our application is on its way to Chile (NOA2 date - 5/26/22). We got our new case number as well. I hope all of yours are coming soon! 

Congrats! Did you do anything after you receive your NOA2? I got my NOA2 on 5/28/22, and still nothing at the moment. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, danli said:

Congrats! Did you do anything after you receive your NOA2? I got my NOA2 on 5/28/22, and still nothing at the moment. 

Thank you! No, I didn’t do anything. If I didn’t hear anything this week, I was going to email NVC with the email address on the NOA2 letter I got. I think you can email them once you hit the 30 day mark, according to that letter. I hope you hear soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, Bahrainexpat said:

Part 5 section 5 is where I put mine as the petitioner. I checked over our original file submitted and I didn't see a space for entering the fiancee email. The waiting game is really getting to me. NOA2 of 9.May.2022(originally 6.May.2022, but USCIS changed it). I'm checking my email and spam folder regularly for the NVC notice. 

Anything yet? Noa2 may 16 - still nothing for us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, danli said:

we have noa2 date of May 16 and haven’t heard anything about a case number or our application being sent to our embassy!

1 hour ago, Claire.MC23 said:

Thank you! No, I didn’t do anything. If I didn’t hear anything this week, I was going to email NVC with the email address on the NOA2 letter I got. I think you can email them once you hit the 30 day mark, according to that letter. I hope you hear soon!!

What’s the email? 

1 hour ago, Emily&Tikko said:

Anything yet? Noa2 may 16 - still nothing for us

No still have not heard anything by email or mail, no case number yet. I did put in an inquiry to NVC yesterday on their website, but since it takes them 2 months to respond I am not holding any hope for that. I also had my attorney put in an inquiry yesterday to their attorney inquiry section, perhaps she will have better luck in getting a response quicker than the public inquiry system. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

We received NOA2 on June 16.

Received letter today, form I-797

The letter says “The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance”.

it says nothing about NVS.

Is this what the letter said that you received from USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.