JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, S@M said:

We received NOA2 on June 16.

Received letter today, form I-797

The letter says “The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance”.

it says nothing about NVS.

Is this what the letter said that you received from USCIS?

Yes, mine said the same thing. Both my local embassy(Bahrain) and my attorney said it still goes to the NVC. My local embassy said they cannot do anything until they get the file from NVC, and need a NVC case id number to assist in any way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
9 hours ago, Emily&Tikko said:

we have noa2 date of May 16 and haven’t heard anything about a case number or our application being sent to our embassy!

What’s the email? 

The email address on the NOA2 letter I received is nvcinquiry@state.gov . It says you should allow 30 days for processing before emailing to check in. Hope this helps! 

Edited by Claire.MC23

1 hour ago, Claire.MC23 said:

The email address on the NOA2 letter I received is nvcinquiry@state.gov . It says you should allow 30 days for processing before emailing to check in. Hope this helps! 

That email doesn’t do anything. You’ll just get an auto reply directing you to submit your inquiry in the NVC public inquiry page, which is currently taking 2 months to get a response if you use. 

Edited by Bahrainexpat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Merica-n said:

Received email today saying nvc forwarded to consulate!

noa2 5-10-2022

nvc left 6-24-2022

took 45 days exactly

Finally! Congrats

Timeline

When the CEAC site changes from "In Transit" to "Ready", does that mean the case is already at the beneficiary's consulate? ...and what are the steps to take please?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Merica-n said:

Received email today saying nvc forwarded to consulate!

noa2 5-10-2022

nvc left 6-24-2022

took 45 days exactly

Congratulations!!

Finally have a NVC case id number, and even better, got an approved expedite from NVC to embassy as of 28-June-2022!

I submitted an inquiry both to my local embassy in Bahrain and NVC on 21-June-2022 to obtain case id number in order to request an expediate from NVC to my local embassy based on a pending job offer in US that needs me to start as soon as I can. On 27-June-2022 NVC responded from 'NVC expedite' email on info they needed to make an expedite request(found out here they didn't need NVC case id number to make the request). I made the expedite request from NVC to embassy on 27-June-2022 per their instructions. I heard back from NVC on 28-June-2022 and they provided NVC case id number and a notice that they were reaching out to my local embassy on whether the embassy would approve the expedite. Minutes later also on 28-June-2022, I received an email from my local embassy that they had received an email from NVC for expedite request. My embassy said they would accept the expedite request and informed me to wait until they get the physical file from NVC for further instructions.

As of right now case is 'At NVC' but hope to see 'IN TRANSIT' based upon the expedite request and approval soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Bahrainexpat- it is my understanding that upon arrival in US, requirement is to get married(within 90 days) and then you can file I-765 for Employment Authorization and I-485 Adjustment of status (for green card). Just curious how to apply for expedited case based on employment opportunity if it will take months to receive authorization for employment.  You seem to have found a work around and if so please share.  Thanks so much and good luck!

16 minutes ago, S@M said:

Bahrainexpat- it is my understanding that upon arrival in US, requirement is to get married(within 90 days) and then you can file I-765 for Employment Authorization and I-485 Adjustment of status (for green card). Just curious how to apply for expedited case based on employment opportunity if it will take months to receive authorization for employment.  You seem to have found a work around and if so please share.  Thanks so much and good luck!

I was referring an employment opportunity in the US for myself as petitioner. We both live and work in Bahrain, and I want us to leave here together. I can leave anytime I want for the US, but want to wait to leave for the US until her visa is issued. I obtained an expedite request approval based on my(petitioner) next job in the US. My apologies if I implied the job was for my fiancee/beneficiary. 

Edited by Bahrainexpat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.