podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, podeena said:

Nope still in embassy waiting .🙏🏽 After interview they gave white paper saying u r approved but God knows what is their problem.

Is it normal nowadays for everyone else after interview ? Or is it just happened in your wife case specific?

I understand some cases go under administrative review and take upto 3 months . But It only happens when the information entered at I-130 and d-260 doesn’t match at the information told at the interview. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sikander321 said:

Is it normal nowadays for everyone else after interview ? Or is it just happened in your wife case specific?

I understand some cases go under administrative review and take upto 3 months . But It only happens when the information entered at I-130 and d-260 doesn’t match at the information told at the interview. 

Yes lots of people are waiting after interview for a while for visa but many people are getting DS 5535 form for travel history regardless of putting no travel history in ds 260 , that's a norm for Isl to speed up the backlog for IL they find this way of stupidity calling lots of interviews and then pending issuance of visa by giving 221G or Ds 5535 form or putting in AP for no reason  we send them inquiry but got candid response under counselar review. No in our case all is well in all the forms and paperwork and interview. God knows their brain and plan we have no words  they do whatever they want to do no one is investigating them what a waste of our tax money US embassy working like Pakistani offices,no response whatsoever.😠

Timeline
3 hours ago, podeena said:

Yes lots of people are waiting after interview for a while for visa but many people are getting DS 5535 form for travel history regardless of putting no travel history in ds 260 , that's a norm for Isl to speed up the backlog for IL they find this way of stupidity calling lots of interviews and then pending issuance of visa by giving 221G or Ds 5535 form or putting in AP for no reason  we send them inquiry but got candid response under counselar review. No in our case all is well in all the forms and paperwork and interview. God knows their brain and plan we have no words  they do whatever they want to do no one is investigating them what a waste of our tax money US embassy working like Pakistani offices,no response whatsoever.😠

Exactly, they just finding excuses to wasting our time. Only happening in US embassy Islamabad. US Other embassies around the world is working normally. US embassy Islamabad mission is to punish all those U.S. citizens who married someone in Pakistan 🇵🇰.  There intention are Crystal clear. 

On 8/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, Sikander321 said:

Only happening in US embassy Islamabad. US Other embassies around the world is working normally. US embassy Islamabad mission is to punish all those U.S. citizens who married someone in Pakistan 🇵🇰.  There intention are Crystal clear. 

We understand that you are frustrated with all the waiting.  But please be aware that Pakistani applicants are not being singled out for punishment with DS-5535.  It's not only in ISL that these are being given out.  One of the most active threads here on VJ is about DS-5535 at Montreal, with hundreds of pages since 2021.  Yes, even white Canadians, born and raised, never left Canada, may be issued DS-5535.  Many of the regulars in that thread had to wait a year or longer after interview, and/or even had to sue the consulate, for action to be taken on their visa cases.

Timeline

Hey folks, 

Does anyone know if I can travel with my wife after her interview and her passport is at the embassy for approval? My DQ date is in December 2021, and I wanted to travel later this year (but it lines up with  her IL timeline), but if possible can I request a new passport if the embassy doesn't give the original one back in time for us to travel? I wanted to book things in advance but wasn't sure. Fwiw I know US citizens are allowed to have 2 passports so wondering if it's the same for paksitan. TIA!

Timeline

Slightly unrelated but in terms of the I-130 approval to getting the NVC welcome letter how long has that been taking? I see Islamabad has a very long wait so just trying to get an idea of how long the NVC process is going to take before we have to wait on the Islamabad embassy.

Our I-130 was approved a couple days ago and we haven’t gotten anything from the NVC yet. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, gr8life said:

Slightly unrelated but in terms of the I-130 approval to getting the NVC welcome letter how long has that been taking? I see Islamabad has a very long wait so just trying to get an idea of how long the NVC process is going to take before we have to wait on the Islamabad embassy.

Our I-130 was approved a couple days ago and we haven’t gotten anything from the NVC yet. 

The backlog for this isn't that high, you should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. The real wait is after getting documentary qualified (DQ) which is currently around 3 months after you submit (and without hiccups). 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

The backlog for this isn't that high, you should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. The real wait is after getting documentary qualified (DQ) which is currently around 3 months after you submit (and without hiccups). 

Sorry I think i’m slightly confused. Do you mean after the NVC gives me the welcome letter it takes them about 3 months to DQ the file?

Timeline
2 hours ago, gr8life said:

Sorry I think i’m slightly confused. Do you mean after the NVC gives me the welcome letter it takes them about 3 months to DQ the file?

Incorrect. Attached below is the processing times for NVC after you have submitted all your documents to them. Takes roughly 2 weeks after document submission for them to review your file and DQ you (if appropriate). NVC has drastically improved its efficiency in managing the caseload. When we were DQd it took us 3 months to get DQd and an additional 6 weeks for USCIS tp transfer our case to NVC. Things have become alot faster at NVC stage now for you guys. So thats a relief. However, as someone above mentioned, the real painstakingly long wait starts AFTER DQ. 

Capture11.PNG

Edited by Kuchiki

Timeline
11 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Incorrect. Attached below is the processing times for NVC after you have submitted all your documents to them. Takes roughly 2 weeks after document submission for them to review your file and DQ you (if appropriate). NVC has drastically improved its efficiency in managing the caseload. When we were DQd it took us 3 months to get DQd and an additional 6 weeks for USCIS tp transfer our case to NVC. Things have become alot faster at NVC stage now for you guys. So thats a relief. However, as someone above mentioned, the real painstakingly long wait starts AFTER DQ. 

Capture11.PNG

Thanks for clearing that up I understand now! Glad to see that the NVC step has gotten somewhat faster now. I’m still waiting on the welcome letter and gathering all the documentation in the meantime.

Timeline

Even with all the folks who transfer embassies, ISL embassy is beyond frustrating and doing nothing to catch up on the backlog of 2 year wait after DQ and after interview get handed 221G anyways...its seriously a joke 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

@podeena have you heard any update on your wife visa status why it’s taking forever to be issued ?

and no I still have not received any letter at 21 months waiting 

Nothing I'm so confused and depressed we send inquiry which just a candid response that it's under consular review we will let you know status still say refused and they still have our passport 😔 no email of any documents required approval letter with us and we're waiting.God knows what they want from us. What dates are IL nowadays, interview of what DQs?how long you guys have to wait for IL.🤔 Hopefully soon.🙏🏽

3 hours ago, podeena said:

Nothing I'm so confused and depressed we send inquiry which just a candid response that it's under consular review we will let you know status still say refused and they still have our passport 😔 no email of any documents required approval letter with us and we're waiting.God knows what they want from us. What dates are IL nowadays, interview of what DQs?how long you guys have to wait for IL.🤔 Hopefully soon.🙏🏽

contact your congress man or have your lawyer push for a result it should not take that long to get visa issued unless they put your wife in administration processing or gave you a ds form 5535 or might have missing document find out instead of waiting. They are still up to November 10 2021 and nothing Update from that. I hope we get it soon. It’s been 21 months now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.