podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are all keeping track of the slow processing at ISL embassy for IR1/CR1. Wanting to start this thread to share IL/DQ dates, interview tips or questions and spread hope. 😇

Timeline
1 hour ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

I heard isb embassy is working on feb2021 DQ cases of IR1 Cr1 any new updates?

Not sure where you heard this but last I saw it was in jan 2021 for DQ cases (albeit was only confirmed on visaJourney, so you might be right), unless they ran through a month's worth of backlog? 

On a slightly tangential note seems they are approving ~200 cases for ir1/cr1 cases the last couple of months (ran through uscis visa approvals for ISB), which is on par to pre-covid numbers. My bet they should be running through the backlog if they keep this up and should get back down to the ~90 day issuance in a few months. Anyone else have more insight into this? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

I heard isb embassy is working on feb2021 DQ cases of IR1 Cr1 any new updates?

Yes I heard the same someone from DQ 2nd Feb on Instagram at pakusa immigration still so slow ISL embassy 😠🙏

Timeline

yeah i saw that  there too but you never know many people who don't active on such forums and not tell other people whether they received the letter or not. Any how still very slow many people are saying there are less number of Dqs in 2021 as compare to 2020 in CR1 & IR1 categories less number of marriage happened due to closure of flight operations how true is that any idea?

Timeline

https://www.youtube.com/c/PakUSAImmigration/community 

from here i checked that embassy is sending letters to the people who got dq in feb 2021 and their interviews are scheduled in june which means they are working on even slower pace which is a troubling news... any news when they will going to speed up ? i

Timeline
4 hours ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

https://www.youtube.com/c/PakUSAImmigration/community 

from here i checked that embassy is sending letters to the people who got dq in feb 2021 and their interviews are scheduled in june which means they are working on even slower pace which is a troubling news... any news when they will going to speed up ? i

God knows they're the slowest of all neighbor country can clear their backlog why can't ISL embassy 😠 I have no clue 🤔😠🙏

Filed: Timeline

I think one way to reduce backlog is to delay the cases and issue IR1 instead of CR1. Conditional Resident visa adds the backlog since conditions need to be removed and that needs the whole process again. LR1 is for the applicants more than 2 years old marriage. If you read Visa issuance report https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

It clearly shows pre covid more CR1 than LR1 and now More LR1 than CR1. So in short delay is helping both applicants and USCIS. Applicants get 10 years GC and USCIS reducing the backlog

Timeline

It's just so depressing. I don't get why Pakistan is still so backlogged when so many countries, except a few, have caught up? And it seems that the backlog is just getting longer and longer? For IR1/CR1 it's now like 1.5 year wait after DQ? This is just so heartbreaking.

Is the Islamabad embassy implementing anything to change this? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

It's just so depressing. I don't get why Pakistan is still so backlogged when so many countries, except a few, have caught up? And it seems that the backlog is just getting longer and longer? For IR1/CR1 it's now like 1.5 year wait after DQ? This is just so heartbreaking.

Is the Islamabad embassy implementing anything to change this? 

God knows what they're doing sleeping on the IR cases who can nudge them in the world IDK very annoyed 😠

Timeline
2 minutes ago, podeena said:

God knows what they're doing sleeping on the IR cases who can nudge them in the world IDK very annoyed 😠

I know at this point I'm seriously losing any hope. It just doesn't make any sense and there cannot possibly be that many Afghanistan cases that are at fault..especially when you compare the number of cases of India. Everywhere people are hoping just next few months but the timelines keep on extending. Marriages are at stake here and no one cares. 

I know people who are coming thru visit visa and getting married or expediting even though they're perfectly healthy but no one shares how/what... it's everyone for themselves and it is not fair to the people doing things the right way. At this point I've cried too many times over this. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AMK2021 said:

I know at this point I'm seriously losing any hope. It just doesn't make any sense and there cannot possibly be that many Afghanistan cases that are at fault..especially when you compare the number of cases of India. Everywhere people are hoping just next few months but the timelines keep on extending. Marriages are at stake here and no one cares. 

I know people who are coming thru visit visa and getting married or expediting even though they're perfectly healthy but no one shares how/what... it's everyone for themselves and it is not fair to the people doing things the right way. At this point I've cried too many times over this. 

I'm 100% agreed  with you I'm in the same boat as you this long distance relationship is killing us . IDK who's fault is this why no one is checking the embassy work around the world why some US embassies are working faster than others so frustrating 😠😠🙏

Timeline
14 minutes ago, AMK2021 said:

"Allegedly" 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, podeena said:

I'm 100% agreed  with you I'm in the same boat as you this long distance relationship is killing us . IDK who's fault is this why no one is checking the embassy work around the world why some US embassies are working faster than others so frustrating 😠😠🙏

It's just not right...I just pray all the couples get together soon...and in the future in a reasonable time frame..not 3/4 years for a US citizen to bring a spouse over. It's just crazy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.