LKMK

I-175 May 2019 Filers

2,129 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, rocamey17 said:

Can you brief us on the interview..how was it..

I brought so much information that wasn't needed to the interview. But I felt like it was necessary to be better safe than sorry. I brought all of the original birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, etc. and "new documents" since filing I-751/N-400. The officer did not ask for those. I gave them a copy of my newest Tax return and she took my son's birth certificate to scan a copy into the system.

As far as the questions the officer asked were simple...just full name, DOB, address, phone number. I can't recall anything else. Just simple conversation. She said that our file was complete and asked if I wanted to give her anything else. That's when I gave a copy of our latest tax return. The officer than said she was recommending approval of the I-751 and if my wife was "ready" to take the citizenship exam, because she wasn't going to issue a permanent resident card if she was ready for the exam. My wife said "yes" she was ready so I stepped out of the interview so she wouldn't have stress of me being there. It took about 15 minutes.

For the N-400 interview, my wife was asked 6 questions:

1. Name a territory of the United States?

2. How many Amendments to the Constitution are there?

3. How many Supreme Court Justices are there?

4. What is the name of the Chief Justice?

5. What is the political party of the President?

6. How many years is the president elected for?

Then she asked why my wife hasn't been back to the Philippines in the last 5 years and she said that was because her Philippine passport has been expired. She asked her to read a sentence and then write a sentence. Then they just talked a little while and that was all. Very informal and very easy my wife said. The Officer then said she recommended approval of her N-400 and would go tell the front office to include her in the next Oath Ceremony and to print the Certificate of Naturalization. This part took about 20-30 minutes. We waited a few hours until the next scheduled Oath Ceremony. They did the Oath and gave her the Certificate of Naturalization and then we were on our way.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485: December 20, 2016

USCIS delivered: December 23, 2016

USCIS received: December 27, 2016

I-765 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-131 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-485 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

Biometrics Date: February 10, 2017

I-765 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-131 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-485 Approved: June 6, 2017 (161 days)

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-751: May 6, 2019

USCIS delivered: May 9, 2019

USCIS received: May 9, 2019

I-751 Notice Date: May 14, 2019

I-751 received Date: May 17, 2019

Biometrics received Date: June 8, 2019

Biometrics Date: June 20, 2019

Transfer to PSC Date: February 20, 2020

RFI received Date: October 20, 2020

RFI submitted to USCIS Date: January 14, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 3, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 24, 2021

I-751/N-400 Combo Interview Scheduled: April 7, 2022

I-751 Approved: April 7, 2022 (1064 days)

Citizenship Journey

Spoiler

N-400 Submitted Online: March 05, 2021

USCIS received: March 05, 2021

N-400 Notice Date: March 05, 2021

N-400 Approved: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Oath Ceremony: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Certificate of Naturalization Issued: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

2 minutes ago, LKMK said:

I brought so much information that wasn't needed to the interview. But I felt like it was necessary to be better safe than sorry. I brought all of the original birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, etc. and "new documents" since filing I-751/N-400. The officer did not ask for those. I gave them a copy of my newest Tax return and she took my son's birth certificate to scan a copy into the system.

As far as the questions the officer asked were simple...just full name, DOB, address, phone number. I can't recall anything else. Just simple conversation. She said that our file was complete and asked if I wanted to give her anything else. That's when I gave a copy of our latest tax return. The officer than said she was recommending approval of the I-751 and if my wife was "ready" to take the citizenship exam, because she wasn't going to issue a permanent resident card if she was ready for the exam. My wife said "yes" she was ready so I stepped out of the interview so she wouldn't have stress of me being there. It took about 15 minutes.

Then she asked why my wife hasn't been back to the Philippines in the last 5 years and she said that was because her Philippine passport has been expired. She asked her to read a sentence and then write a sentence. Then they just talked a little while and that was all. Very informal and very easy my wife said. The Officer then said she recommended approval of her N-400 and would go tell the front office to include her in the next Oath Ceremony and to print the Certificate of Naturalization. This part took about 20-30 minutes. We waited a few hours until the next scheduled Oath Ceremony. They did the Oath and gave her the Certificate of Naturalization and then we were on our way.

Wow...pray ours will be like that..

24 minutes ago, rocamey17 said:

Wow...pray ours will be like that..

Yes. We lucked out. Our Officer was super nice! Wishing you the best as well!

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485: December 20, 2016

USCIS delivered: December 23, 2016

USCIS received: December 27, 2016

I-765 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-131 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-485 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

Biometrics Date: February 10, 2017

I-765 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-131 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-485 Approved: June 6, 2017 (161 days)

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-751: May 6, 2019

USCIS delivered: May 9, 2019

USCIS received: May 9, 2019

I-751 Notice Date: May 14, 2019

I-751 received Date: May 17, 2019

Biometrics received Date: June 8, 2019

Biometrics Date: June 20, 2019

Transfer to PSC Date: February 20, 2020

RFI received Date: October 20, 2020

RFI submitted to USCIS Date: January 14, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 3, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 24, 2021

I-751 Approved: April 7, 2022 (1064 days)

Citizenship Journey

Spoiler

N-400 Submitted Online: March 05, 2021

USCIS received: March 05, 2021

N-400 Notice Date: March 05, 2021

N-400 Approved: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Oath Ceremony: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Certificate of Naturalization Issued: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed. Please do not post your question more then once. It is considered spamming and will put your account at risk~~

Had a mishap while splitting off some hijacked post from this thread. Let me know if I messed something up @LKMK

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to I-175 May 2019 Filers
On 4/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, LKMK said:

I see that its finally over for you a big congratulations 🎊 👏 well done..the FOIA did work 

Hello my I-751 with priority date is May 21, 2019 and N400 on May 30, 2021. My field location is San Francisco. I am outside processing time for N400 and a month away for the 3 years processing on I-751. I contacted twice USCIS and they forwarded to the field location but no response yet. I read filing FOIA can help so I submitted on April 13th. I plan to submit request with the Senator. Can anyone let me know if they been lucky in completing their process?

On 4/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, LKMK said:

Well my friends...This visa journey is finally over and my wife is now a US Citizen!!!

Her I-751/N-400 combo interview and cases were approved the same day and my wife was able to do the Oath Ceremony and receive her Certificate of Naturalization the same day as well.

WOW! It's such a relief to have everything finished. It’s been a long, stressful, and painful process, but happy to finally have this all behind us.

Thank you for all the support and advice you all have given along the way and I'm happy to have contributed as well.

Good luck to all those still waiting and most of all hang in there! I’ll be praying for you all. Again, good luck and I’ll be awaiting your good news soon!!!

Congrats and thanks for wishing the rest of us well. I have similar timeline hopefully I am lucky as you are. I filed my FOIA yesterday so thanks for this information along with Sharing the info pass appointment on requesting a combo interview.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:48 AM, ramwho said:

Is everyone in this forum done with their I-751? I'm at 34 months of waiting for I-751 and 20 months of N-400. Only option for me now seems like a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit against USCIS.

I am at month 35 for I-751 and 23 months for N-400 so in the same boat as you are unfortunately. My closest field location is San Francisco and MSC for I-751 and online for N-400. I filed FOIA yesterday April 13. I also never received response from field location from inquiry sent by USCIS officers over the phone. I plan to submit request with our Senater this week.

55 minutes ago, hasmax80 said:

I am at month 35 for I-751 and 23 months for N-400 so in the same boat as you are unfortunately. My closest field location is San Francisco and MSC for I-751 and online for N-400. I filed FOIA yesterday April 13. I also never received response from field location from inquiry sent by USCIS officers over the phone. I plan to submit request with our Senater this week.

Member @Libertateposted detailed info and contact for AIC ( American Immigration Council) that is offering free legal representation and upcoming  USCIS class action for delayed N-400 . 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:25 AM, Family said:

Member @Libertateposted detailed info and contact for AIC ( American Immigration Council) that is offering free legal representation and upcoming  USCIS class action for delayed N-400 . 

I contacted Leslie and she mentioned that deadline for consideration as a plaintiff for class action lawsuit had passed. She said regarding my FOIA request if I don't get a response within 30 days to contact her colleague Emily Creighton at ecreighton@immcouncil.org. Emily was one of the attorneys in a successful class action challenging delays in USCIS processing of  FOIA requests for A-files.

Edited by hasmax80
Added additional info

1 hour ago, hasmax80 said:

I contacted Leslie and she mentioned that deadline for consideration as a plaintiff for class action lawsuit had passed. She said regarding my FOIA request if I don't get a response within 30 days to contact her colleague Emily Creighton at ecreighton@immcouncil.org. Emily was one of the attorneys in a successful class action challenging delays in USCIS processing of  FOIA requests for A-files.

Edited 18 minutes ago by hasmax80
Added additional info

I shall then pass the torch of @Libertateto YOU, @hasmax80.and hope others can make waves w delayed FOIAS. 
Though , I personally believe it was the unprecedented volume of  combo ( I-751/N-400) filings that forced USCIS to act and revamp its system….I have been known to do a rain dance, throw salt over my shoulder and being from Transylvania, a host of other good luck charms when faced w challenges, so KUDOS TO YOU! Press on and Good Luck.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Anyone still left in this group waiting for their I-751 interview? I'm at 37 months for my I-751 and 21 months for my N-400 application. 

3 hours ago, ramwho said:

Anyone still left in this group waiting for their I-751 interview? I'm at 37 months for my I-751 and 21 months for my N-400 application. 

In 3 weeks I will be waiting 37 months for I-751 and 24 months for N-400. My field location is San Francisco. I looked in processing time which moved from 36 months to and extra week and now moved additional 3 weeks. This is really frustrating especially when they mention 80% of I-751 is processed in 31 months. Our case is not complicated and we have strong evidence and no idea why they can't consider waiving the interview or schedule ASAP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, hasmax80 said:

23 months for N-400

Not if your PD is 2021, as you stated above...

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.