33 posts in this topic

So I applied for naturalization after I divorced my ex wife in 2020 I became a US resident back in 2014 through marriage I been only married once.. I came to naturalization interview on april 6 2022 when I got there agent told me that I have mail an I407 form giving up my LPR wich I didn't of course.

My ex wife did she filled it up in ink and she had an google document picture of my signature that she use (note that signature wasn't filled in Ink).... Now im stuck until I can get any evidence of she doing this Uscis agent pass my interview but couldn't make a decision yet.. My lawyer said not to worry about it but im really freaking out.. Did I loose my residency?? How can it be? I just paid taxes I opened a business back in 2020 too

Any advice? thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am very confused. 

What did your ex wife fill out in ink?

What did the case officer say to you at the N400 interview?

8 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I am very confused. 

I didn't want to fill form I407 she filled it and mailed it using my info she wants me to be unhappy and lose my GC because we are not longer together..  Officer gave me the interview and passed but couldn't make a final decision.

10 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I am very confused. 

She filled up Form I407 is the form use to give up your LPR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Hugoloia said:

So I applied for naturalization after I divorced my ex wife in 2020 I became a US resident back in 2014 through marriage I been only married once.. I came to naturalization interview on april 6 2022 when I got there agent told me that I have mail an I407 form giving up my LPR wich I didn't of course.

My ex wife did she filled it up in ink and she had an google document picture of my signature that she use (note that signature wasn't filled in Ink).... Now im stuck until I can get any evidence of she doing this Uscis agent pass my interview but couldn't make a decision yet.. My lawyer said not to worry about it but im really freaking out.. Did I loose my residency?? How can it be? I just paid taxes I opened a business back in 2020 too

Any advice? thanks!

Get an attorney immediately and report this to the police.  Your ex is going to jail.....that is forgery....a federal crime. 

1 minute ago, Hugoloia said:

She filled up Form I407 is the form use to give up your LPR

No..  His ex wife forged his name to surrender his legal residency.....That can send her to prison.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would sue the ex for all I could get.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Get an attorney immediately and report this to the police.  Your ex is going to jail.....that is forgery....a federal crime. 

No..  His ex wife forged his name to surrender his legal residency.....That can send her to prison.

yep,  fill out a police report

and file a civil law suit

Filing these will help your naturalization case 

Four of the most important types of civil law deal with 1) contracts, 2) property, 3) family relations, and 4) civil wrongs causing physical injury or injury to property (tort).

17 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would sue the ex for all I could get.....

We got kids together.. I'll be just happy to come to a resolution and get my citizenship 

14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

yep,  fill out a police report

and file a civil law suit

Filing these will help your naturalization case 

Four of the most important types of civil law deal with 1) contracts, 2) property, 3) family relations, and 4) civil wrongs causing physical injury or injury to property (tort).

Already have a lawyer meeting up with him next week. Uscis officer was nice and made me write in a piece of paper so they can compare my writing and her writing..  He continued to do the naturalization test wich I passed and they would send me a letter asking for evidence.. Good thing about this is that I don't have to re take the naturalization test.. I only need proof of my ex wife forging the I407 form

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hugoloia said:

Already have a lawyer meeting up with him next week. Uscis officer was nice and made me write in a piece of paper so they can compare my writing and her writing..  He continued to do the naturalization test wich I passed and they would send me a letter asking for evidence.. Good thing about this is that I don't have to re take the naturalization test.. I only need proof of my ex wife forging the I407 form

google copy of your signature?

cut and paste?

its gonna match as it is yours

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I agree this is a federal crime. Thus federal police should take the report. I would report to ICE and the FBI.  

30 minutes ago, Hugoloia said:

We got kids together.. I'll be just happy to come to a resolution and get my citizenship 

You have to select the lesser of two evils.  Falling on your sword and accepting deportation so your  kids don’t see their mother in federal prison is noble on your part but it would not be my choice. 

14 minutes ago, Hugoloia said:

Already have a lawyer meeting up with him next week. Uscis officer was nice and made me write in a piece of paper so they can compare my writing and her writing.

Do not trust USCIS’ to be an expert in “hand writing  analysis”. You need to get a copy of that I-407 and hire your own hand writing expert. If USCIS says you wrote the I-407 and you don’t bring your own expert to your trial, you will lose. 

He continued to do the naturalization test wich I passed and they would send me a letter asking for evidence.. Good thing about this is that I don't have to re take the naturalization test.. I only need proof of my ex wife forging the I407 form

Correct. And you need to be proactive in your exoneration.  

3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

cut and paste?

I believe OP means the rest of the form. Presumably she filled it out in her hand writing  That’s why the IO asked for his hand writing sample.  

Edited by Mike E

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

cut and paste?

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

cut and paste?

Yes but thats dumb why would I fill a form up in ink and then do a digital sign.. Also when she filled the I407 form she put an address I don't even have 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I agree this is a federal crime. Thus federal police should take the report. I would report to ICE and the FBI.  yep

You have to select the lesser of two evils.  Falling on your sword and accepting deportation so your  kids don’t see their mother in federal prison is noble on your part but it would not be my choice. Personally OP ,  u need to turn her into police ,  let her go to prison and take custody of the kids/  she didn't care about u getting deported /  i would worry more about my kids growing up with a person that would think to do this to their father 

Do not trust USCIS’ to be an expert in “hand writing  analysis”. You need to get a copy of that I-407 and hire your own hand writing expert. If USCIS says you wrote the I-407 and you don’t bring your own expert to your trial, you will lose. 

Correct. And you need to be proactive in your exoneration.  

I believe OP means the rest of the form. Presumably she filled it out in her hand writing  That’s why the IO asked for his hand writing sample.  Many have others fill out a form /what matters is his signature / he's going to have to prove he didn't know about the I 407 and /or sign it 

19 minutes ago, Hugoloia said:

I doubt the Natz Officer was “ nice “ enough to give you a copy of the I-407, but I appreciate his sensitivity and effort. Your ex won’t go to jail , USCIS won’t go after her, law enforcement will take a report but not act , and even if you initiated civil action, it’s a longggg road to handwriting experts that you would need to hire and a hefty retainer…

I would wait no more than 30 days for USCIS to either issue an I-72 /Request for Evidence or an Approval ..don’t want to get stuck in Review Mode when clearly there is only ONE issue: Did you abandon your residency ( w kids in the US, a business , bank accounts..and other factors clearly NO). Just those are enough to give you credibility for an immediate decision. 
Divorces a can be dramatic and you know your ex well enough to understand her motivation. She knew you well enough to try and rattle you ( maybe you stayed out of US for a bit or have a new relationship).

You clearly met physical presence, good moral character and you have NOTHING to worry about…other than push USCIS for a speedy decision.

17 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

She did filled it up and used my signature that she probably saved from a document I had signed before.. I got samples of her hand writing. She also put a wrong address on the form.. I'm also wondering wich address she used when she mail the form? I did not get any notifications nor Uscis had  a case number when I called them last year, and to mention that I have done multiple trips to Mexico since she sent the form

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.