2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi @Demise and others who have been through the green card process, question about I-693 medicals. I am waiting on I-485 processing, VAWA was approved in November 2021. I submitted a congressional inquiry recently, the senator's office responded to me last week that my I485 file has already reached the Saint Louis field office. I did not submit the medicals at the time of filing I-485, and I am debating now if I should get my medicals done and send these to USCIS Saint Louis field office, before I get an I693 deficiency notice or an RFE for medicals. What do you think? The hope is that this helps get my I485 adjudicated faster. 

Secondly, is there any benefit to filing an "out of normal processing time" request for the I485? My I485 is technically out of the normal processing time for the St. Louis office, I filed I485 in Feb 2020. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

53 minutes ago, shiva32 said:

Hi @Demise and others who have been through the green card process, question about I-693 medicals. I am waiting on I-485 processing, VAWA was approved in November 2021. I submitted a congressional inquiry recently, the senator's office responded to me last week that my I485 file has already reached the Saint Louis field office. I did not submit the medicals at the time of filing I-485, and I am debating now if I should get my medicals done and send these to USCIS Saint Louis field office, before I get an I693 deficiency notice or an RFE for medicals. What do you think? The hope is that this helps get my I485 adjudicated faster. 

Secondly, is there any benefit to filing an "out of normal processing time" request for the I485? My I485 is technically out of the normal processing time for the St. Louis office, I filed I485 in Feb 2020. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

I would definitely send the out of normal processing request.

However, I would not send the medical now since you are very close. What if they call you in for the interview and advise you to bring the copy of your medical. Knowing USCIS is so messy i would not take chance to send anything  until either they request it or call for an interview.  

On 3/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, balo101 said:

There should be a address on the appointment letter. 

I have tried one time going to different location and they took by biometrics. However, it all depends on how busy they are. 

I am actually travelling during that date of aptt. Thinking to finish Bio in that state itself. ...Is there any issue going to any ASC (other than on your letter)   @Demise

, @HustlingStill, @sandranj

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

I am actually travelling during that date of aptt. Thinking to finish Bio in that state itself. ...Is there any issue going to any ASC (other than on your letter)   @Demise

, @HustlingStill, @sandranj

You can only go to the ASC on the letter, but you can attempt to get your biometics completed early.  

13 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

I’m sorry I been asking too much questions 

my first EAD I did the bio after approval 

but this time they sent me the bio before approval 

my question does the approval comes after bio or before please ? 

approval comes after the biometrics.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
2 hours ago, shiva32 said:

There is 10000% chance that they will lose your medicals as they will not be attached to your record by just mailing them in.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Salyeen said:

Thank you for your answer so after bio they might approve me or no right ?

It depends on the timeline of the application process, but within normal processing times after biometrics it takes 90-120 days for EAD to be approved.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

Yeah they gave me the 180 days extension 

but I was wondering if the bio means approval or no ,?

Biometrics dos not mean an approval.  It is a background check.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Family! I followed your advices and re-dropped my medicals at Federal Plaza this Friday! Waiting for some great news soon. Do you know how long it takes to receive approval for green card after medicals!? 

Also, for anyone that is going through the same process my advice is READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for dropoff 😆. Don't be like me. 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, shiva32 said:

DO- Start the out of processing inquiry, I got approved a week after I did the inquiry and was told to wait for them to schedule interview 

DONT- get the medical done yet. Wait for them to ask for it in mail or to bring to interview. Presence or absence of I693 has little to no consequence for interview or approval expedition/speed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.