2,967 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Oh i see 

Patience is the key with USCIS and specially with VAWA. 

Just make sure keep renewing your EAD on timely manner so you can work and divert your attention to something more productive. Just stay strong and we all here to help you. 

Yes i just receive  the approval of my EAD on 3/2/22 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, Sam96 said:

No he only told me he was going to file, do I need to be divorced for the interview?

Thank you for your reply 

No,  my husband said the same thing to me and never filed.  No you do not need to be divorced for interview.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

18 hours ago, Blunt said:

They have no choice they have to wait for uscis ,everybody is aware of the delay from Uscis ,they haven’t given me any notice yet but I know they will still ask me for sure,I already informed my Congress about it and she said she will get in touch with them ,she also asked for the usps tracking number and the receipt to use to help me make inquiry from Vermont 

Hey blunt, you disappeared bro. I thought you already had your green card?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Hey guys, i am in a dilemma and i need help. Any advice is welcome as I’m not sure what to do. My husband and I separated exactly 1 year ago now, i sent my vawa in August last year, its been pending for 6 months now. I do not currently have a work permit because I’m also in immigration proceedings so i have to wait for my vawa to be adjudicated before i can go to immigration court to get a green card. 

I met a great guy couple months after I separated with my husband, he knows my situation and is understanding. In no way was I looking for love or a relationship, it just happened. And two weeks ago, i found out i am pregnant. Now i do not know what to do. I don’t know how this will affect my case, if at all.

I do work, i have a social security number, even though it’s not recommended just because I don’t have anyone here to help me, just me and i need to pay rent + bills. 

I have my Prima Facie for 1 year, what can i do with this? Is having my baby going to affect my case? 

@Demise @Pinkrlion @sandranj

No issues

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

hi everyone,

sent whole package i360-i485-i765-i131 on june 11 2021

Received receipts for all of them june 25 2021

fingerprints reused ONLY for i360 and i485 on july 25

prima facie july 30

no ead or travel permit as of yet. it has been 277 days.

has anyone sent in june last year received their work permit? should i inquire through congressman? thanks for any input.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
37 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Hey blunt, you disappeared bro. I thought you already had your green card?

Nope I hope so ,I’m still around 🤣🤣🤣 hope you doing good ?

17 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Hey guys, i am in a dilemma and i need help. Any advice is welcome as I’m not sure what to do. My husband and I separated exactly 1 year ago now, i sent my vawa in August last year, its been pending for 6 months now. I do not currently have a work permit because I’m also in immigration proceedings so i have to wait for my vawa to be adjudicated before i can go to immigration court to get a green card. 

I met a great guy couple months after I separated with my husband, he knows my situation and is understanding. In no way was I looking for love or a relationship, it just happened. And two weeks ago, i found out i am pregnant. Now i do not know what to do. I don’t know how this will affect my case, if at all.

I do work, i have a social security number, even though it’s not recommended just because I don’t have anyone here to help me, just me and i need to pay rent + bills. 

I have my Prima Facie for 1 year, what can i do with this? Is having my baby going to affect my case? 

@Demise @Pinkrlion @sandranj

Don't lie, don't hide it, tell it how it was. Only thing that can kill a filed I-360 is marrying someone else while the I-360 is pending or serious doubts as to the validity of the marriage. 

Keep your dates straight and establish that you got with your new partner after splitting with the previous one, and do reiterate that the previous relationship was legit while it lasted, you split up, ended up with someone else after it ended.

PFD only lets you really get certain benefits and even that's with limitations.

Just a pending I-360 doesn't let you legally work. Only way to do that at this point would be to reopen your proceedings, file I-485 with the court, and then file I-765 with USCIS. Also just thinking out loud, you could ask ICE to grant you deferred action considering your circumstances and then use that grant to file a C14 EAD with USCIS.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 3/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, Braveheart123 said:

Instead of going for a long route of advance parole please contact you local congressman office so that he can inquire on your behalf 

Ok I'll look into that. How would you word a request for them to find out your status on your green card

Hello everyone,

My fiance was on interview for I485 at Chicago office last week, but we still wait for answer. On the case trucker is nothing new, last update was 2019 when we gave fingerprints.
Could you please tell me how long we will be wait for some news?

His timeline:

August 2019 - Applied for vawa, I765

November 2019 - I485

December 2019 - fingerprinst

April 2020 - first EAD

March 2021- RFE for more evidence

September 2021 - vawa approved

March 2022- I485 interview

Edited by Segamega

17 minutes ago, Segamega said:

Hello everyone,

My fiance was on interview for I485 at Chicago office last week, but we still wait for answer. On the case trucker is nothing new, last update was 2019 when we gave fingerprints.
Could you please tell me how long we will be wait for some news?

His timeline:

August 2019 - Applied for vawa, I765

November 2019 - I485

December 2019 - fingerprinst

April 2020 - first EAD

March 2021- RFE for more evidence

September 2021 - vawa approved

March 2022- I485 interview

I had interview at Chicago on March 1st and still waiting for a decision. Case is stuck on update from last year. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.