2,967 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Blunt said:

My ead will be expiring by June ,and I have applied for the renewal since December 1st.. how long did it take you to get your receipt after you send in your renewal? And how long you were able to get your ead card 

I sent in my renewal in Oct 1st 2021. I did not get receipt until last week of December. I had to reach out to my congress person to get me receipts which i did beginning of December.

The renewal is still pending. 

Edited by balo101

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
17 minutes ago, balo101 said:

I sent in my renewal in Oct 1st 2021. I did not get receipt until last week of December. I had to reach out to my congress person to get me receipts which i did beginning of December.

The renewal is still pending. 

So your Congress person was the one who sent you the receipt after getting it for you ? I want to ask you this ,it seems  the Congress person can help someone get interview date confirmation too ? If they can get the receipt I think they should be able to get the interview date confirmation as well ..

3 minutes ago, Blunt said:

So your Congress person was the one who sent you the receipt after getting it for you ? I want to ask you this ,it seems  the Congress person can help someone get interview date confirmation too ? If they can get the receipt I think they should be able to get the interview date confirmation as well ..

No my congress person only sent me the response from USCIS that they issued receipts. 

However, i know whom congress person sent the RFE once they got from USCIS. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, balo101 said:

No my congress person only sent me the response from USCIS that they issued receipts. 

Wow that means the Congress people are very powerful on talking on our behalf ,,may God keep blessing them ..thanks bruh ..I appreciate..I will keep you updated !!

15 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Did you got your receipt numbers with your congressman or USCIS send you new receipts or how does that work? I just got an email from my congressman saying they already summit an inquary to uscis about my receipts i havent received, i apply on july/12/21 and no receipts 

4 minutes ago, Reto said:

Did you got your receipt numbers with your congressman or USCIS send you new receipts or how does that work? I just got an email from my congressman saying they already summit an inquary to uscis about my receipts i havent received, i apply on july/12/21 and no receipts 

USCIS sent me the receipts. 

It took 3 to 4 weeks to get receipt after congress person involvement.

When did you get an email from your congress person? So you did not get your receipts since July? When did you contact your congress person? 

Edited by balo101

Just now, balo101 said:

USCIS sent me the receipts. 

It took 3 to 4 weeks to get receipt after congress person involve. 

When did you get an email from your congress person? So you did not get your receipts since July? When did you contact your congress person? 

I contacted the congress on friday by fax and they called me yesterday saying They send an inquary to vermont. I never got any receipts . I sent i360 and i485 together and uscis chased my money orders so i called the money order office and they send me a copy and on the copy is the receipt number for the application i485 but i still need the number for the i360. I hope i can get it soon. My lawyer already sent the  application again with all the letter he send , money orders cashed etc but never had a responds. 

46DA78B2-2DAD-4069-8A89-BB25E101107E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Reto said:

I contacted the congress on friday by fax and they called me yesterday saying They send an inquary to vermont. I never got any receipts . I sent i360 and i485 together and uscis chased my money orders so i called the money order office and they send me a copy and on the copy is the receipt number for the application i485 but i still need the number for the i360. I hope i can get it soon. My lawyer already sent the  application again with all the letter he send , money orders cashed etc but never had a responds. 

46DA78B2-2DAD-4069-8A89-BB25E101107E.jpeg

Oh ok. 

Usually you will hear from them in 2 to 4 weeks. 

Why did your lawyer send it again? 

Just now, balo101 said:

Oh ok. 

Usually you will hear from them in 2 to 4 weeks. 

Why did your lawyer send it again? 

My lawyer said he send it because maybe that way he can get receipts but nothing yet. So i decided to look up and search how can i got it mu self and thats how i found this blog 😀 its been so helpful 

1 minute ago, Reto said:

My lawyer said he send it because maybe that way he can get receipts but nothing yet. So i decided to look up and search how can i got it mu self and thats how i found this blog 😀 its been so helpful 

I hope now USCIS does not issue two different receipt number for the same files since your lawyer send it again. 

Honestly i have been doing everything my own now since i have this great forum and knowledgeable people here. 

Just now, balo101 said:

I hope now USCIS does not issue two different receipt number for the same files since your lawyer send it again. 

Honestly i have been doing everything my own now since i have this great forum and knowledgeable people here. 

He send a copy of the application not a new one, sorry my bad. He send it with the money order copy and a letter saying we send the application on july and never got a receipts even after trying to reach vermint monts ago. 
i cannot do it alone, since i am on removal proceddings i need my lawyer. Its been a long process with this immigration case (4 years almost 5 to be exact) 🥲 first i filled 42B cancelation of removal, them my husband petition for me on i130 then all his abuse started and i never do nothing i stay quiet and on 2021 after a long cry and talk to my lawyers i decided to file for vawa 😮💨😮💨😮💨  this forum helped me stay calm about this vawa case

6 minutes ago, Reto said:

He send a copy of the application not a new one, sorry my bad. He send it with the money order copy and a letter saying we send the application on july and never got a receipts even after trying to reach vermint monts ago. 
i cannot do it alone, since i am on removal proceddings i need my lawyer. Its been a long process with this immigration case (4 years almost 5 to be exact) 🥲 first i filled 42B cancelation of removal, them my husband petition for me on i130 then all his abuse started and i never do nothing i stay quiet and on 2021 after a long cry and talk to my lawyers i decided to file for vawa 😮💨😮💨😮💨  this forum helped me stay calm about this vawa case

Oh i see 

Patience is the key with USCIS and specially with VAWA. 

Just make sure keep renewing your EAD on timely manner so you can work and divert your attention to something more productive. Just stay strong and we all here to help you. 

1 minute ago, VolksWagon99 said:

One needs to apply for PM or its automatic?

Technically it should be automatically. 

for instance i received 4 PF and all came automatic. 

However, not all the time and not everyone gets it automatically.  You can write to Vermont if you do not get it automatically. 

There are people on this forum who never received any PF. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.