2,967 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Serenities said:

I just received a good news that my 765 based on vawa 485 was approved. I filed them all together in 9/2021 and I am so glad that according to the receipt notice, they gave me a combo card that is valid for two years. This is great!

Cannot edit my original post above...

This is really interesting. As I posted a week ago, I filed a 765 renewal application myself based on my old 485 in 4/2021, before I decided to file for vawa. Then like what most people here experienced, things went out of control. I found a lawyer and she had my old 485 hold in abeyance. We filed a new packet of 485, 765 and 131, concurrently with 360 in 9/2021. A week ago, I received a case update that the card was approved under the old receipt number. I was really surprised because my old 485 was hold in abeyance. 

Today my lawyer received the receipt notice for that approval. The receipt date and number are the old ones I filed myself in 4/2021, and the address is the safe address used in the new applications my lawyer filed for me in 9/2021. I guess USCIS consolidated the two applications together, and will mail the card to the safe address rather than my old address. This is quite interesting and it makes more senses. 

Anyway I am so glad!

Edited by Serenities

2 hours ago, Serenities said:

I just received a good news that my 765 based on vawa 485 was approved. I filed them all together in 9/2021 and I am so glad that according to the receipt notice, they gave me a combo card that is valid for two years. This is great!

Congratulations. Happy for you. 

I am so glad this Thread starts off with a alot of approvals. 

Hopefully this continues and we get to see alot of approvals. 

9 hours ago, iamlost said:

hi everyone, 

I am a September 2018 filer (I-360 and I-485). My I-360 is still pending and going through background checks.

Today I received an online update on my I-360 case saying "Expedite Request Denied". I am confused because I didn't request them to expedite my case. Every 2-3 months my congressman is sending them inquiries and the most recent one was sent on Feb 22nd. 

Has anyone else experienced such thing? What could that be?

Thank you!

Hello 😊

just wanna encourage you cos we’ve got similar timelines. Your case is definitely out of processing time. Can your congressman request a status update instead of an “expedite request”? My guess is that the background check is still pending. Lucky you’ve got a congressman that’s actively helping. Mine didn’t even acknowledge the letters/calls. LOL. I pray you get approved soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Serenities said:

Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈🎊 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Double said:

Hello 😊

just wanna encourage you cos we’ve got similar timelines. Your case is definitely out of processing time. Can your congressman request a status update instead of an “expedite request”? My guess is that the background check is still pending. Lucky you’ve got a congressman that’s actively helping. Mine didn’t even acknowledge the letters/calls. LOL. I pray you get approved soon. 

Thank you! 

I hope we all get our approvals soon🙏

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liam T said:

Wow, you have to renew your C31? You waited over a year for i-485? 

I have not submitted my I-485 as yet that’s why I renewed it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.