2,967 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

Hey family. I did my EAD renewal February I I received my receipt in a week and now I have boi appointment is that good sign ? That EAD Approved

i did vawa 2019 I responded to Request of evidence since that day but no update only EAD 

That is good sign. Getting receipt in a week or so then bio appointment, Your case is moving to right direction. 

23 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Congratulations to everyone who’s getting nearer to their destination. May I ask how do employers verify the EAD? At my previous job, I just submitted a copy of my EAD and not any notice of action (like I-797C). My current EAD is expiring in 4 weeks but I right now have an extension of 180 days after those 4 weeks. Do I just submit that document (notice or receipt what we call it) and that’s all now? How will they verify it? Using my case number? The renewal case is still pending but I assume it will get rejected soon because that I-485 is rejected. I did file a whole new application (I-485 plus I-765 and I-131) when I filed VAWA 10 days ago (have neither received any receipts nor my check has been cashed so a little nervous if anyone has even touched my application or not to even put in the system). May someone advice on this please?

So just submit the extension/renewal receipt you received, they will verify with USCIS as needed.

1 hour ago, StanSmith said:

Vawa+i485 June 2019

vawa approved March 2021

interview scheduled in wrong state July 2021

interview scheduled in my state March 7 2022

we ordered your new card March 10 2022

case approved March 11 2022

any ideas how long it usually takes to get an actual card? Thanks

Average time is 10 to 14 days. 

6 hours ago, StanSmith said:

Vawa+i485 June 2019

vawa approved March 2021

interview scheduled in wrong state July 2021

interview scheduled in my state March 7 2022

we ordered your new card March 10 2022

case approved March 11 2022

any ideas how long it usually takes to get an actual card? Thanks

one week

14 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

great to see EAD approvals!

I'm waiting for C09 renewal for 8 months

Also vawa is now approved so will I get the C09? anyone else in this situation?

should I apply for C31 renewal?

I am in the same situation. Still waiting for c09 renewal and will apply to renew my c31 soon. 

There’s a descent amount of people who have both the c09 and c31 EADs. You should get your c09 at some point. While I’ve seen people on this forum getting their c09 denied after c31 approval, it does not happen to everyone. 

I’d say it’s totally worth it to renew both EADs until you get your GC, especially with how long it takes to get them now. Mine are exactly 6 mo apart, so it’s very convenient.

Edited by Zzz___1

21 hours ago, Jawithlove said:

Hi guys I have an interview coming up for my green card. My question is what questions will they ask as well as what happens if I have marijuana in my system when I do my medical exam 

21 hours ago, Jawithlove said:

Hi guys I have an interview coming up for my green card. My question is what questions will they ask as well as what happens if I have marijuana in my system when I do my medical exam 

I don’t know about marijuana maybe @Deniseor @sandranj can help. But if I can guess marijuana is considered drug and unlawful in many states and may impact your approval 

22 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey family. I did my EAD renewal February I I received my receipt in a week and now I have boi appointment is that good sign ? That EAD Approved

i did vawa 2019 I responded to Request of evidence since that day but no update only EAD 

Oh wow 2019 it’s a long time since you responded to rfe. I was lucky then, I responded to my NOID In January and 3 weeks after card being produced and now waiting for the approval letter 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

I am in the same situation. Still waiting for c09 renewal and will apply to renew my c31 soon. 

There’s a descent amount of people who have both the c09 and c31 EADs. You should get your c09 at some point. While I’ve seen people on this forum getting their c09 denied after c31 approval, it does not happen to everyone. 

I’d say it’s totally worth it to renew both EADs until you get your GC, especially with how long it takes to get them now. Mine are exactly 6 mo apart, so it’s very convenient.

Agree. I have c31 approved since nov 2021. C9 expired in june 2021, c9 renewal petition pending since feb 2021. I filed expedite for c9 renewal one month before my vawa and c31 was approved but they denied it even though i met expedite criteria, probably since they approved the c31. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

23 hours ago, Jawithlove said:

That depends if they require the drug test as a part of the medical. You have to check the details of medical exam requirements or ask the others who have already done the medical if It contains the drug test as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.