2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's Sunday, and time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=======================================

THE THREE HUTS

A ship, sailing past a desert island, spotted a man who had been stranded there for several years.  The captain went ashore to rescue the man, and noticed three huts.

"What's the first hut for?" he asked.

"That's my house," said the castaway.

"What's the second hut for?"

"That's my church."

"And the third hut?"

"Oh, that?" sniffed the castaway.  "That's the church I used to go to."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlueTiger92 said:

just got medical exam RFE last week!!

my I-485 online status hasn't changed since first fingerprints in 2019. Anyone else went through the whole process without case status changing?

I believe we all have.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

37 minutes ago, FAP said:

Dear family,

My VAWA journey is over after a little less than 3 years. Nov 2019 filer, I360 approved Dec 2021. Very mixed feelings, not so ecstatic as I expected I'm gonna be. Totally calm actually... Maybe due to the fact I've been waiting for this for almost 13 years...

Anyway, I want to say thank you you all for your kind words and encouragement and advice during this journey. I did everything myself (with a 100% help on here) no attorney involved at all. Thank you @sandranj , @Stillwinning!!!😊, @Demise, @Pinkrlion@shiva32 and all others members of this forum that I forgot.

After all I can say this place is amazing. I knew nothing about VAWA when I joined - now I know more than some lawyers 😁. Keep supporting each other - it's hard to describe what this community did for me - I'm ready to give my share back.

I went through it all, horrible marriage, Stokes, I130 denial, life threatening assault, hospital etc etc but back stronger than ever. Never ever give up!!! There is always a hope! Once I read God only throws on us what we can take.  In October 2019 I lost everything: status, wife, job, business equipment, place to stay - basically my whole world collapsed. Everybody turned back on me - everybody stopped answering my phone calls.  Almost 3 years later everything turned around. A lot of people wrote here - God works in mysterious ways and it's definitely true. 

Had an interview on Friday for like 45 min. Very nice officer - but first question was like:

So tell me - how come you have I360 - it's usually for women? But after reading here for years I knew what to say and I pointed him to my affidavit and said I really can't go through all of that again... Then later I explained a new moments that are still going on after filing I360.

He was curious why my addresses don't match at all (ID, VAWA, IRS, USCIS, car registration joint with abuser) nothing actually matches. He was surprised but my explanation was perfectly logical and he was like Oh - WOW - you`ve been through a lot. 

When did you have last contact with your wife, did you file for divorce, how long did you date before getting married, did you ever get arrested and I485 questions. Gave him medical and last 3 year taxes, marriage certificate certified copy and that's it. He handed me  that piece of paper that says your case is under review, we can not make a decision at this moment and will let you know if we need anything from you bla bla

I left field office feeling after like a stroke hitting 3 red lights in a row (thank God Chicago downtown doesn't have red light cameras) and took me a whole day to get myself together. I thought oh God they are gonna keep me waiting for weeks now... (Chicago is notorious for that) At 23:15 Lawfully app started blinking and I was like - oh not that stupid sh*t again with  their commercials etc  but I opened it  and here we go...

received_956617689071604.jpeg

Dear FAP, I’m super thrilled for you. Just can’t say it enough that God truly does works in mysterious ways! Thank God for Sandra and a host of other valuable inputs here. I know the feeling of relief 😮💨 after all the storm! I pray that many others here still waiting will get their own testimony!🙏

1 hour ago, FAP said:

Dear family,

My VAWA journey is over after a little less than 3 years. Nov 2019 filer, I360 approved Dec 2021. Very mixed feelings, not so ecstatic as I expected I'm gonna be. Totally calm actually... Maybe due to the fact I've been waiting for this for almost 13 years...

Anyway, I want to say thank you you all for your kind words and encouragement and advice during this journey. I did everything myself (with a 100% help on here) no attorney involved at all. Thank you @sandranj , @Stillwinning!!!😊, @Demise, @Pinkrlion@shiva32 and all others members of this forum that I forgot.

After all I can say this place is amazing. I knew nothing about VAWA when I joined - now I know more than some lawyers 😁. Keep supporting each other - it's hard to describe what this community did for me - I'm ready to give my share back.

I went through it all, horrible marriage, Stokes, I130 denial, life threatening assault, hospital etc etc but back stronger than ever. Never ever give up!!! There is always a hope! Once I read God only throws on us what we can take.  In October 2019 I lost everything: status, wife, job, business equipment, place to stay - basically my whole world collapsed. Everybody turned back on me - everybody stopped answering my phone calls.  Almost 3 years later everything turned around. A lot of people wrote here - God works in mysterious ways and it's definitely true. 

Had an interview on Friday for like 45 min. Very nice officer - but first question was like:

So tell me - how come you have I360 - it's usually for women? But after reading here for years I knew what to say and I pointed him to my affidavit and said I really can't go through all of that again... Then later I explained a new moments that are still going on after filing I360.

He was curious why my addresses don't match at all (ID, VAWA, IRS, USCIS, car registration joint with abuser) nothing actually matches. He was surprised but my explanation was perfectly logical and he was like Oh - WOW - you`ve been through a lot. 

When did you have last contact with your wife, did you file for divorce, how long did you date before getting married, did you ever get arrested and I485 questions. Gave him medical and last 3 year taxes, marriage certificate certified copy and that's it. He handed me  that piece of paper that says your case is under review, we can not make a decision at this moment and will let you know if we need anything from you bla bla

I left field office feeling after like a stroke hitting 3 red lights in a row (thank God Chicago downtown doesn't have red light cameras) and took me a whole day to get myself together. I thought oh God they are gonna keep me waiting for weeks now... (Chicago is notorious for that) At 23:15 Lawfully app started blinking and I was like - oh not that stupid sh*t again with  their commercials etc  but I opened it  and here we go...

Congratulations!

It's now over!

Praying for more approvals 🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, FAP said:

Dear family,

Congratulations!!! 🥳

That sounds like a tough interview. Glad your journey is over!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, FAP said:

My VAWA journey is over after a little less than 3 years

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, FAP said:

Dear family,

God is great.!! Congratulations!!🥁💯🍾🥁 Enjoy your new beginning!😊

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, FAP said:

Dear family,

Congratulations fam. This is really inspirational. Wishing you Godspeed in future endeavors.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 7/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, Maridade said:

Hello all,

Although I don't connect often I have been a silent follower of this valuable forum. Congratulations to all the approved and those waiting keep faith the day is coming soon.

I filed for ead renewal (C31) and AP (I131) on February 2022 and today both cases got approved. I-485 is still pending 16 months after I-360 approval (NYC queens).

Below is a screenshot of the timeline of the two petitions.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 13.42.15.jpg

Hi all a quick update:

I have received the EAD and AP and it is indeed a combo card valid for two years. 

Even though I have applied for a C31 renewal they decided to change the category and based it on the pending I-485.

Some of you were right though. Thanks again to everyone and I hope we see many more approvals.

25 minutes ago, lonelyheartclub said:

Is anyone waiting for a medical request to come through? 
Filed July 2019 

Approved May 2021

Case moved June 2021

Thank you 

New York 

Hi,

I received RFE for i-693 letter on 6/17/2022.

My lawyer responded to USCIS on 7/5/2022.

Waiting for the next step.

timeline:

i-360 & i-485 on 10/3/2019

i-360 approved on 8/31/2021(but the letter received in October, 2021)

i-485 transferred 10/29/2021

REF for i-693 6/17/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.