J&D1008

MARCH 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

320 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello...Welcome!

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together.

Stay patient because this is a long process currently running 9-12 months for your NOA2 or petition approval by USCIS (first stage). Then your petition will be sent to NVC (second stage) and finally your interview at the embassy (third stage).  Also, do not compare yourself to others....Some will receive NOA-2 faster than others, some will be stuck at NVC for longer and then finally some will receive interviews fairly quickly at embassy. STAY PATIENT! 

Please create the timeline in your profile. Also note that USCIS goes by "Received date" not NOA-1:

Example

I-129 F Sent -  February 28, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 3, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 F - Notice Date - March 5, 2022

In this example your NOA-1 should be March 3. This will help you fill out your timeline properly. 

readingForm.png

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg

Timeline
On 3/9/2022 at 9:38 PM, masterpiece92 said:

I-129 F Sent - February 28, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 3, 2022 

I-129 F - Notice Date - March 7 , 2022 (got the text message but no official letter yet)

Welcome!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello all! We just started the K1 process recently and will be joining you here. 

I-129 F Sent - March 28th, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 30th, 2022 

I-129 F - Notice Date - April 1st, 2022 (received text, waiting for official notice in mail)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just updated with our approval today.  We did get approval for our expedite on 3/21/2022

I-129 F Sent -  March 7, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 10, 2022 (NOA-1) 

Expedite approved - March 21, 2002

I-129 F - Approval Notice - April 5, 2022 (NOA-2)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I-129 F Sent - March 15, 2022

I-129 F Notice of rejection: March 21st, 2022  (Forgot the fee and signature)

I-129 F Sent again: March 25th, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 30, 2022 (NOA-1) 

NOA1 interestingly came from California Service Center while I sent the case to Texas.

I added the receipt number in my account (My Account->Add paper-filed case). However It doesn't show documents tab, where it would show NOA1, the way it showed for naturalization case.

image.png.fc3cde4153b136d11d4c14f7f4a04f84.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

I-129 F Sent - March 15, 2022

I-129 F Notice of rejection: March 21st, 2022  (Forgot the fee and signature)

I-129 F Sent again: March 25th, 2022

I-129 F Received - March 30, 2022 (NOA-1) 

NOA1 interestingly came from California Service Center while I sent the case to Texas.

I added the receipt number in my account (My Account->Add paper-filed case). However It doesn't show documents tab, where it would show NOA1, the way it showed for naturalization case.

image.png.fc3cde4153b136d11d4c14f7f4a04f84.png

Majority of K1's go to the Texas Lockbox and get sent to California Service center. the received date is March 30 which would be your noa-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there, this site has tons of info regarding immigration process.Love it.

Im wondering if this site gives us real time information about K1 visa applicants. Like for example, are all I-129F applicants nationwide come in this site and share their application timeline? If not, then we are only  speculating and having a wishful thinking? It does not give us 100% accuracy on the result. Or maybe it give us an edge compare to those filers who do not visit VJ website. But I am glad I found this website and learn from other people experience. 

What do you guys think?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
22 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Hello there, this site has tons of info regarding immigration process.Love it.

Im wondering if this site gives us real time information about K1 visa applicants. Like for example, are all I-129F applicants nationwide come in this site and share their application timeline? If not, then we are only  speculating and having a wishful thinking? It does not give us 100% accuracy on the result. Or maybe it give us an edge compare to those filers who do not visit VJ website. But I am glad I found this website and learn from other people experience. 

What do you guys think?

There is no such thing as 100% perfection with predicting immigration-related matters, unfortunately :) If you're asking about how 'accurate' we are generally, though, we're the best you can get. USCIS' official processing times rely on speeds from 2 months ago; hence, I-129F does not take 9-12 months to process, and we can already see it will take 12-14. So long as people on this site keep updating their timelines, VJ will automatically try to give you the best 'estimate' as to when you'll get your NOA2. But the date is very flexible - when I filed March 2021 it said I'd hear back October 2021, but my NOA2 only came February 2022. 

We most certainly don't have "every" applicant coming here, but again, we have the best information bar none. I frequently see videos on YouTube giving canned, outdated information that people follow religiously, which is really sad because of how blatantly misleading/false they are. Good luck in your journey and welcome! :)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

There is no such thing as 100% perfection with predicting immigration-related matters, unfortunately :) If you're asking about how 'accurate' we are generally, though, we're the best you can get. USCIS' official processing times rely on speeds from 2 months ago; hence, I-129F does not take 9-12 months to process, and we can already see it will take 12-14. So long as people on this site keep updating their timelines, VJ will automatically try to give you the best 'estimate' as to when you'll get your NOA2. But the date is very flexible - when I filed March 2021 it said I'd hear back October 2021, but my NOA2 only came February 2022. 

We most certainly don't have "every" applicant coming here, but again, we have the best information bar none. I frequently see videos on YouTube giving canned, outdated information that people follow religiously, which is really sad because of how blatantly misleading/false they are. Good luck in your journey and welcome! :)

Yes! that was I thought. Accuracy is in question. But then again, we have a free site we can get information from. I have watched most of YT videos and visited most websites about this subject and I agree with you, VJ has the most updated and has the  most information out there and its free. I would caution that some members might spit out false information out here. Hopefully, moderators catches it and delete it before its too late.

I will do my part to help others. 

Thanks for your quick reply. 

23 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

I would caution that some members might spit out false information out here. Hopefully, moderators catches it and delete it before its too late.

Moderators will not delete posts for having "false" information.  It is simply impossible for mods to fact-check every post.  Also, it's not their job to do so.  But we, as VJ members, can help each other out by correcting posts with inaccurate or outdated info, ideally with links to official or credible sources.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.