Vikkox321

K1 in Nigeria taking so long

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

USCIS approved our case since January 20, 2021 and our case has been NVC but no further information. They only wrote an email stating that the consulate is Nigeria is not requesting case Giles yet I don't know if someone is facing the same issue here my fiancee is getting tired of this whole process.

Sounds normal. Because of Covid K1 cases are taking longer now.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

48 minutes ago, Vikkox321 said:

USCIS approved our case since January 20, 2021 and our case has been NVC but no further information. They only wrote an email stating that the consulate is Nigeria is not requesting case Giles yet I don't know if someone is facing the same issue here my fiancee is getting tired of this whole process.

That's what you'll get from the NVC at this stage... But they'll later send your case to the US embassy Lagos Nigeria, and there are currently no interview dates available. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We all get tired of this whole process 

its slow even pre covid

it is invasive as u have to give out all personal and financial information to total strangers

its expensive

and you are in the hands of a total stranger,  a CO ,  who can deny all your petition and give u more heartache

u and your finance must be totally committed to each other thru a solid loving relationship to make this all happen

best to u both

Timeline
14 hours ago, Vikkox321 said:

Your case should be leaving NVC soon so please don't worry too much. Last month K1 cases that got to NVC in November 2020 and December 2020 were shipped.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Vikkox321 said:

Waiting on K1. It’s been over two years for me. 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:13 AM, Vikkox321 said:

Please don’t give up. It’s frustrating for sure. Just reunited with my fiancé two years later. Luckily they are processing cases and hopefully they will get to you soon. Lean on each other for strength 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 2:31 AM, Lady A said:

Please don’t give up. It’s frustrating for sure. Just reunited with my fiancé two years later. Luckily they are processing cases and hopefully they will get to you soon. Lean on each other for strength 

I guess there's a hold on K1 visas in Nigeria as of now... Cos there are no interview dates, even after the embassy promised to make available visa interview dates... I've been searching since July 2021... It's so sad they don't regard the K1 and K2 visas anymore 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Sharing a site someone shared with me for NVC to embassy processing times. It was created by a very smart filer. According to the site Nigeria backlog is 16.5 months for K1 visas. I suggest to check it out.. https://visawhen.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 5:53 AM, VersaVersa said:

I guess there's a hold on K1 visas in Nigeria as of now... Cos there are no interview dates, even after the embassy promised to make available visa interview dates... I've been searching since July 2021... It's so sad they don't regard the K1 and K2 visas anymore 

Check on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s. That’s when they open dates. That was one of my mistakes was checking on random days

8 minutes ago, Lady A said:

Check on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s. That’s when they open dates. That was one of my mistakes was checking on random days

Thanks for the information, what time of the day would you advise me to check. 

Timeline

USCIS has approved my case since September 13th 2021. I got my case number NOV. 29th 2021. Since then no updates and I don’t even know what next to be expected as my fiancée is ageing Day By Day and needs to bring me in ASAP. Because she is supposed to have retired from work but she is waiting on me to arrive to the states before proceeding on retiring. What do I do at this Junction ?

Edited by Lakesides_NG
I want to be notified on reply

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lakesides_NG said:

USCIS has approved my case since September 13th 2021. I got my case number NOV. 29th 2021. Since then no updates and I don’t even know what next to be expected as my fiancée is ageing Day By Day and needs to bring me in ASAP. Because she is supposed to have retired from work but she is waiting on me to arrive to the states before proceeding on retiring. What do I do at this Junction ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.