Rasel_Cool

Can Father From US (Greencard holder) sponsor for his son who lives in his Home country?

67 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Are you confusing scholarship with sponsor?  Scholarships are available, and can be applied for.  Those are specific to the school and program.  

Probably not many available to foreign students.  My son graduated from UC Berkeley (as an out of state student), and international students pay full price at Berkeley.  

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Are you confusing scholarship with sponsor?  Scholarships are available, and can be applied for.  Those are specific to the school and program.  

Financial" sponsorship" does not apply to F1.

https://yocket.com/blog/how-much-funds-bank-balance-to-show-for-us-f1-visa

I dont have money so who will bear my educational expenses? My father. So he is my sponsor right?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Financial" sponsorship" does not apply to F1.

EDIT:  You do not need to pay for schooling up front - you need to abide by the terms of the school and their payment requirements.  But I believe you need to demonstrate to the US embassy/consulate that you have the funds to pay for the school at the interview.  This can be via personal savings or scholarships you have qualified for.

Yes a a student i dont have funds. My father has. So my father is my sponsor. And that is not even my question.  My question is is it worth for tryting for a student visa while i130 is apprved?  Will they provide me the visa or say you have immigrant intention

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rasel_Cool said:

I dont have money so who will bear my educational expenses? My father. So he is my sponsor right?

Ok, I think I understand.

Sponsorship in terms of VJ and immigration is the people who complete form I-134 or I-864 to "sponsor" the immigrant.  

Sponsorship in what you linked is a general term that has nothing to do with immigration or the non-immigrant F1 visa.  It is just someone who gives you the money so that you have the funds for your first year of school.  In terms of the visa application, there is no "sponsor".

2 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

Chekc it out. I am talking about sponsor 

You understand that they are talking about your bank balance, showing actual funds available to pay tuition UP FRONT right?  And not a person's income?

Anyway, your bigger issue will be trying to get a nonimmigrant visa with an immigrant petition filed on your behalf.

I'm done with this thread.  Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

I have i130 running and due to pandamic and slow process It is n't running faster. I have great desire for higher studies. Can my father sponsor for me from US for f1 visa. 

As  I have i130 ruuning, will it effect on my student visa? 

So you Father is going to fund your studies, that is certainly possible. Now to what effect an immigrant application could have would depend on the totality of the situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

You understand that they are talking about your bank balance, showing actual funds available to pay tuition UP FRONT right?  And not a person's income?

Anyway, your bigger issue will be trying to get a nonimmigrant visa with an immigrant petition filed on your behalf.

I'm done with this thread.  Good luck.

U are still wrong. I belive you should research more about how international students come in usa. This is very confusing not to get perfect anwer. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

Yes a a student i dont have funds. My father has. So my father is my sponsor. And that is not even my question.  My question is is it worth for tryting for a student visa while i130 is apprved?  Will they provide me the visa or say you have immigrant intention

Yes, they will say you have immigrant intent.  Because you do.  You can try to apply for the F1, but the likelihood of getting it is not good.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Not to stir up an argument, but obviously you’re the one that doesn’t know much about them. I was a F1 student not long ago (6 years ago, actually) and yes, you DO need to demonstrate upfront that you have the funds to pay your studies. I had to show bank statements for the previous year (or years, I don’t remember), and some assets. 
Think about it from a logical point of view: why would any university accept an international student without knowing if they can afford the degree? If you come here and cannot afford it, you might become a liability and a risk to them. 
That being said, there is no financial sponsor for an F1 student visa: you qualify based on your own merits. And in your case it might be difficult because you’ve already shown immigrant intent with the i-130. And with an F1 visa, you need to prove strong ties to your home country. And why is that? Because an F1 is a non- immigrant visa. So you’re between a rock and a hard wall. 
Last but not least, if you apply for an F1 with the intent of staying, that’s material misrepresentation and it could have very serious consequences.

Best to wait on the I-130.

And before you ask, no, you shouldn’t apply for the au-pair program either!😂

So my father cant fund my study? How come?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

U are still wrong. I belive you should research more about how international students come in usa. This is very confusing not to get perfect anwer. 

Read my above comment. I have first hand experience with F1 student visas and I’m telling you, you need to do some research.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
Just now, ra0010 said:

Read my above comment. I have first hand experience with F1 student visas and I’m telling you, you need to do some research.

You have money you showdd fund yourself. I dont havr money. My father does. So he cant fund me? That is the weirdest thing i ve heard

7 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

I'm not wrong.  It is NOT the same as sponsorship for an immigrant visa.  A family member giving you a lump sum of cash to pay for tuition is NOT the same as sponsoring an immigrant through an I-864.   And you seem completely oblivious to the fact that F1 is a NIV, while you're seeking to immigrate.   

And - 'a perfect answer'?  LOL, what?  This is a voluntary, DIY site.  Do your own research, lazy.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Rasel_Cool said:

So my father cant fund my study? How come?

If your father can pay for them upfront, show consistent bank account balance and not his income then by all means. But the I-130 will make it really difficult.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, ra0010 said:

Watch that imperfect answer, miss 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.