Rasel_Cool

Can Father From US (Greencard holder) sponsor for his son who lives in his Home country?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have i130 running and due to pandamic and slow process It is n't running faster. I have great desire for higher studies. Can my father sponsor for me from US for f1 visa. 

As  I have i130 ruuning, will it effect on my student visa? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1) What is your age?

2) Are you married?

3) What is the current "I-130 running"?  Is it based on marriage to a USC?

4) Are you asking about F1 Student Visa or F-1 family preference visa?  If it is for the student visa, then there is no outside sponsor.  You apply based on your own merits.   You need to qualify by yourself.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130
clarification

11 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

I have i130 running and due to pandamic and slow process It is n't running faster. I have great desire for higher studies. Can my father sponsor for me from US for f1 visa. 

As  I have i130 ruuning, will it effect on my student visa? 

You again?  I thought you got everything sorted with a WOM, as outlined in your many, many threads about it.

Timeline
Just now, SteveInBostonI130 said:

1) What is your age?

2) Are you married?

3) What is the current "I-130 running"?  Is it based on marriage to a USC?

4) Is your father an LPR or USC? 

1. 25

2. Single 

3. Approved ( father is the petetioner) 

4. Father is green card holder

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

You again?  I thought you got everything sorted with a WOM, as outlined in your many, many threads about it.

Yes.  All casees were approved.  My siblings waiting for interviews. Dq complte. I am stuck as f2b is stuck. 

Just now, Rasel_Cool said:

Yes.  All casees were approved.  My siblings waiting for interviews. Dq complte. I am stuck as f2b is stuck. 

There is no sponsorship for student visas.

You will need to be admitted, and you will need to have all the funds up-front:  like $50k per year.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rasel_Cool said:

1. 25

2. Single 

3. Approved ( father is the petetioner) 

4. Father is green card holder

Ok, then you are in the F2B family preference class.  The wait is about 7 years from the PD date.  I assume you have the PD date?

For the F1 student visa, there is no outside sponsor.  You have to qualify based on your own merits.  You need money for schooling and have a school with a proper program lined up.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

There is no sponsorship for student visas.

You will need to be admitted, and you will need to have all the funds up-front:  like $50k per year.

You probably dont know enought about international student visa I guess? 

There will need to have a finacial sponsor for my study as far as I know.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Ok, then you are in the F2B family preference class.  The wait is about 7 years from the PD date.  I assume you have the PD date?

For the F1 student visa, there is no outside sponsor.  You have to qualify based on your own merits.  You need money for schooling and have a school with a proper program lined up.

My only concern is my financial sponsor. As I heard  visa officer take it as potential immigrant case. Well I can't deny I intent to immigrate via i130. But I want higher study as well. So whats  the actual fact

You probably dont know enought about international student visa I guess? 

There will need to have a finacial sponsor for my study as far as I know.

Incorrect.  There is no sponsorship.  You need to be admitted to a university program, and then apply for an F1 visa.

You need to have the money UP FRONT to pay for the international tuition.  

My only concern is my financial sponsor. As I heard  visa officer take it as potential immigrant case. Well I can't deny I intent to immigrate via i130. But I want higher study as well. So whats  the actual fact

Yes, that, too.  You have demonstrated immigrant intent with a petition.  F1 student visa is a nonimmigrant visa.

And you have not even addressed how you would pay the tuition up front.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Incorrect.  There is no sponsorship.  You need to be admitted to a university program, and then apply for an F1 visa.

You need to have the money UP FRONT to pay for the international tuition.  

As far as I know. In usa as a international student u will not even need to send a penny to virsity before u arrive in usa. But you need a finacial sponsor

2 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

As far as I know. In usa as a international student u will not even need to send a penny to virsity before u arrive in usa. But you need a finacial sponsor

And I am telling you you're wrong.  You need to have the funds UP FRONT.

There is no sponsorship as there is for family preference visas.

I wish @SusieQQQ was around.

Edited by Jorgedig

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

Are you confusing scholarship with sponsor?  Scholarships are available, and can be applied for.  Those are specific to the school and program.  

Financial" sponsorship" does not apply to F1.

EDIT:  You do not need to pay for schooling up front - you need to abide by the terms of the school and their payment requirements.  But I believe you need to demonstrate to the US embassy/consulate that you have the funds to pay for the school at the interview.  This can be via personal savings or scholarships you have qualified for.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130
Added info

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And I am telling you you're wrong.  You need to have the funds UP FRONT.

There is no sponsorship as there is for family preference visas.

I wish @SusieQQQ was around.

https://yocket.com/blog/how-much-funds-bank-balance-to-show-for-us-f1-visa

Chekc it out. I am talking about sponsor 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.