Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/1/2022 at 10:04 AM, Abcd1234 said:

Hellow guys, we filed i751 in January,  however we just received noa1, and that stated that letter means extension of green card for 2 years. However we havnt gotten any appointment for fingerprints or anything. Only 1 letter we received that said our case was transferred to some other office.

Is it normal?

Hello!  we also filed the I-751 in January and finally today my wife just got her notice that Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. So more than likely USCIS is waiving fingerprints already taken when fingerprints were required before receiving the conditional GC. There's also a possibility we won't need an interview because USCIS is so far backlogged and will issue a GC unless there's reasons to have an interview. Hang in there!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/30/2022 at 4:21 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Did you put in another service request? I would put them in until they answer!

WE just got a notice today that case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. So now the wait to whether we have to have a interview or not. I hear they are waiving interviews too unless there's a good reason to have one. Take care!!

1 hour ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

WE just got a notice today that case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. So now the wait to whether we have to have a interview or not. I hear they are waiving interviews too unless there's a good reason to have one. Take care!!

Having an interview or not can go either way. So you are right just have to wait and see!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Always send copies unless they ask for originals!

Sounds good! Just done that, do you happen to know if they would want all of our bank statements since i arrived in the states or just lets say a quarterly statement? 
We dont have a joint account anymore bc my husband claimed it as his own now but i have transactions between the two of us as well and only some of my statements right now confirming our addresses we've lived at. 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Tschuulia said:

Sounds good! Just done that, do you happen to know if they would want all of our bank statements since i arrived in the states or just lets say a quarterly statement? 
We dont have a joint account anymore bc my husband claimed it as his own now but i have transactions between the two of us as well and only some of my statements right now confirming our addresses we've lived at. 

Thank you!

They want to see everything since you've  been married. Joint accounts are best!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

* Sunday, January 9: Sent in i-751 using FedEx

* Friday, Jan 14: Green Card expired

* Friday, Jan 14: FedEx tracking says ~"Delayed, updated delivery Tuesday 18th"  (Monday being a holiday)

* Friday, Jan 21: Delivered

* Wednesday, Jan 26: Cheque cashed (appeared on bank statement)

* Tuesday, February 1: Letter arrived in mail extending status for 24 months.

* Thursday, July 14: Letter arrived in mail (I-797C) stating biometrics will be reused and no appointment is necessary.

I've traveled out of the country twice with the letter. There were some delays at the Delta check-in desk as I left the US where the lady checking me in wasn't familiar with the expired Green Card. Not a big deal in the end, but added a little delay, FYI. It seems it's not possible to check in online when traveling on a Green Card (I'm not certain about this). Returning to the US once was by air and I handed the immigration officer (in Dublin) my documents and after one or two sentences of chit-chat she sent me on my way, very friendly. The second time was returning from Canada by bus. The immigration officer didn't look at my passport, didn't look at the letter, and was happy with the Green Card. I guess he punched the number into his computer and it told him about the valid extension.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi 

Do you print on the page table of contents? I got the same divider sheets like you and if you print on that page. Is that enough to put everything in one page? I tried mine, but a lot of contents couldn’t fit in one page 🥺

1 hour ago, BJM-SSM said:

Hi 

Do you print on the page table of contents? I got the same divider sheets like you and if you print on that page. Is that enough to put everything in one page? I tried mine, but a lot of contents couldn’t fit in one page 🥺

My table of contents was 3 pages. It does not have to be one page.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/22/2022 at 2:52 AM, Sarge2155 said:

My table of contents was 3 pages. It does not have to be one page.

Do you think the photos should print out in color or b&w is fine? Kind of wanna save cost lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, BJM-SSM said:

Do you think the photos should print out in color or b&w is fine? Kind of wanna save cost lol

B&W is fine as long as the photos are clear! 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:27 PM, Rocio0010 said:

I got super excited with my new label maker lol

DF98B132-FA5C-4861-8291-D73C6207658F.jpeg

Hello, I am sending our package next week and going to read people's experience and compare. I see you include form I-551 in your package. I was wondering If you could give me any information if its necessary or its just in you case. I just never knew this is something we need to send with our I-751

Thank you   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.