J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Just got a case number today .... Finally .... so NOW in the "AT NVC Status"
29 days after it was confirmed as left USCIS ...
99 days after NOA2
567 days after NOA1

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I can confirm that a few others have also observed that USCIS changed their website (so my and other scanning scripts are broken)

Does anyone here still waiting for NOA2?
If so, happy to keep an eye out for you and maybe even a "special alert script" to constantly monitor for your case.

As of the last run (and seeing how historicals have run for older months), about all that is left is waiting for an Inquiry date

So if you want updates, (or if I get board) then I will work on it.
Otherwise, hoping you join us in the next phase of waiting for silliness

One other question, 
Anyone sure how to leave feedback for VJ?

On the timeline, the "Data checks" are not keeping up with the current slowness of USCIS/NVC

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gary Rich said:

Congrats!

Now, just gotta wait for them to choose to ship it from NVC (so it can go "In Transit")
Then gotta wait for it to be received/processed by Consulate (so it can go "Ready")

aiaiai

Still, good to take that next step (even if only 1 mm closer to the goal line)

38 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Now, just gotta wait for them to choose to ship it from NVC (so it can go "In Transit")
Then gotta wait for it to be received/processed by Consulate (so it can go "Ready")

aiaiai

Still, good to take that next step (even if only 1 mm closer to the goal line)

I hear you!!!.. I'm waiting on case number myself

Timeline

Really interesting report in 2022 about the broken system:

"for many years, conversations about its brokenness focused on policy questions. Who should be able to come to the United States or live here legally? For how long? Are they allowed to work? What about their families? But now a defining way in which it is broken is that the current system is unable to implement the policies that Congress and the administration have already chosen."
and
"It also shows that except for visa processing, backlogs have not arisen primarily from COVID-19 shutdowns. Instead, they are a consequence of inefficient agency processes that have caused wait times and backlogs to grow during the past decade."

https://www.cato.org/briefing-paper/processing-backlogs-us-immigration-system-describing-scale-problem?fbclid=IwAR0xGc4h3AcbwvC_2PoT5v-F19BFMyOcXnHAIOAjArZixKSkCsBT4Jerycc

Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, mw & rg k1 said:

One other question, 
Anyone sure how to leave feedback for VJ?

On the timeline, the "Data checks" are not keeping up with the current slowness of USCIS/NVC

Do you mean that timelines are not really accepting a huge difference between NOA2 and NVC Received? Do you know how many days is the limit? The data is really bad because of it, since most early 22 filers are taking 80, 90 days at NVC......

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
On 7/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, Bh_sarah said:

Do you mean that timelines are not really accepting a huge difference between NOA2 and NVC Received? Do you know how many days is the limit? The data is really bad because of it, since most early 22 filers are taking 80, 90 days at NVC......

When I went to put in a date for Left USCIS, visajourney timeline treated the date (6.6) as an invalid (too long) of a deference from NOA2 to shipped.  I realize,  most people don't have that information and I do (uniquely) due to my congressional assistance in asking USCIS for this. 

no,  I don't know the limit,  just kept backing it up until it accepted the answer and made a comment on my profile

Edited by mw & rg k1

Timeline
6 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

When I went to put in a date for Left USCIS, visajourney timeline treated the date (6.6) as an invalid (too long) of a deference from NOA2 to shipped.  I realize,  most people don't have that information and I do (uniquely) due to my congressional assistance in asking USCIS for this. 

no,  I don't know the limit,  just kept backing it up until it accepted the answer and made a comment on my profile

People are just adding the date they found out from NVC that the petition was received. I did that haha and it seems like the limit is 60 days. Timelines are not representing the real NVC date because of that. I will try to contact VJ about it.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 7/12/2023 at 5:10 AM, Bh_sarah said:

People are just adding the date they found out from NVC that the petition was received. I did that haha and it seems like the limit is 60 days. Timelines are not representing the real NVC date because of that. I will try to contact VJ about it.

I contacted VJ about it mid June and never got any response about it. Let me know if you get any feedback from them about it. Thanks 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tzgeneration said:

I contacted VJ about it mid June and never got any response about it. Let me know if you get any feedback from them about it. Thanks 

It’s been 4 days and nothing either. I might start a thread here about it to see if they pay attention to it! Haha

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, vldrnxrz said:

Hi everyone! today we had our visa interview at US embassy and got approved! Visa will now be mailed to my fiance's home within a few days.

It's been a very long, frustrating, and difficult process but we have finally made it here. What a relieving feeling to be complete with this part of the process. 

Here is out timeline: 

NOA1: 12/21/2021
NOA2: 03/06/2023
at NVC: 04/25/2023
Case in Transit to Embassy: 05/09/2023
Case "Ready" at Embassy: 05/16/2023
Medical Examination: 07/07/2023
Visa Interview: 07/17/2023

Total days from NOA1 to Visa Interview Approval = 573 days (or 18 1/2 months)

I will be visiting her in a few weeks (for vacation) and we will be traveling back to the U.S. on August 20th together! 

Congratulations!!  Has the status changed to "Issued"? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.