J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

I wrote about this in the March K1 NOA2 thread, but this week we learned that on May 25 NVC sent our case back to USCIS, and according to what the USCIS agents are telling me from the handbook they have, to quote the email I just receieved following a call with a Tier 2 agent:

The Department of State has requested that USCIS review your case  .... Please allow a minimum of 180 days from the date USCIS received your case back from the Department of State to inquire further.

Some people have said that this is most often a minor mistake on USCIS' end that is resolved in 30 days. I sure hope so. Otherwise I am waiting to hear back from NVC why this happened (I am sure it will be nothing) and hoping that Senator action will result in something. Because 180 days + however many months is not an option for the fiance who currently hates her temporary home and her job that she has kept while awaiting approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TannerH said:

I wrote about this in the March K1 NOA2 thread, but this week we learned that on May 25 NVC sent our case back to USCIS, and according to what the USCIS agents are telling me from the handbook they have, to quote the email I just receieved following a call with a Tier 2 agent:

Some people have said that this is most often a minor mistake on USCIS' end that is resolved in 30 days. I sure hope so. Otherwise I am waiting to hear back from NVC why this happened (I am sure it will be nothing) and hoping that Senator action will result in something. Because 180 days + however many months is not an option for the fiance who currently hates her temporary home and her job that she has kept while awaiting approval.

I saw another similar situation recently in a different group. Incredibly frustrating. Hope you're able to get some resolution. For what it's worth I contacted both of my senators and both of my reps for assistance, and while I can't actually prove that their assistance helped, I believe it did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Still running the statistics but as you might imagine there is very little activity for all of 2021 at this point.
If you haven't received an RFE, It will probably happen.

It seems that most all activity is either initiating or finally processing RFEs at this point.

Inquiry opens June 22 for Dec 1 cases and continue out later for later receipt dates that haven't been touched (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/)

Make sure you send in an inquiry the first day possible.

We all feel this pain and USCIS is really, really dropping the ball.

Report of significant changes since 2023_06_02
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:9
        Approved: 0     Denied: 0      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 0   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:16
        Approved: 8     Denied: 2      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 7   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:19
        Approved: 12     Denied: 0      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 11   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:16
        Approved: 6     Denied: 7      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 7  RFER->Approval: 6   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:31
        Approved: 2     Denied: 2      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 2   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

On 6/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, dfederly said:

I saw another similar situation recently in a different group. Incredibly frustrating. Hope you're able to get some resolution. For what it's worth I contacted both of my senators and both of my reps for assistance, and while I can't actually prove that their assistance helped, I believe it did.

Thanks, I think my Senator's office is really trying this time to make something happen. 

It is interesting that we aren't seeing more reports in here of this happening. I am now in some of those Facebook groups an a ton of December 2021 filers had their cases sent back, leading us to think it really was a new employee making the same error on many people's cases. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, TannerH said:

Thanks, I think my Senator's office is really trying this time to make something happen. 

It is interesting that we aren't seeing more reports in here of this happening. I am now in some of those Facebook groups an a ton of December 2021 filers had their cases sent back, leading us to think it really was a new employee making the same error on many people's cases. 

I'm glad your senator seems to be willing to help this time. Hopefully this will all be sorted out soon.
I didn't see many from January yet, but some started showing up yesterday on February. 3 cases previously approved were sent back :( 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I'm glad your senator seems to be willing to help this time. Hopefully this will all be sorted out soon.
I didn't see many from January yet, but some started showing up yesterday on February. 3 cases previously approved were sent back :( 

I just don't know why so many case's are being sent back.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

I just don't know why so many case's are being sent back.

Usually because NVC caught on something missing from USCIS or think USCIS should review the case one more time before they send it to the embassy. I've seen cases being approved again after some time, or receive a RFE to be approved again. Lawfully tells me only a minority of the petitions returned are terminated/revoked, so the error is usually on USCIS internal processing, not really on the petitioner/beneficiary.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Usually because NVC caught on something missing from USCIS or think USCIS should review the case one more time before they send it to the embassy. I've seen cases being approved again after some time, or receive a RFE to be approved again. Lawfully tells me only a minority of the petitions returned are terminated/revoked, so the error is usually on USCIS internal processing, not really on the petitioner/beneficiary.

it makes me think that. I had a RFE..and I knew it from the start. They ( USCIS ) Inform me about it.. I fix it.. got approve. my point is now.. I'm just hoping my case wont be sent back (once it get there.)

My reason.. is that why would you sent the case to NVC .. with another RFE attach to it.. that would not made any sense

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

it makes me think that. I had a RFE..and I knew it from the start. They ( USCIS ) Inform me about it.. I fix it.. got approve. my point is now.. I'm just hoping my case wont be sent back (once it get there.)

My reason.. is that why would you sent the case to NVC .. with another RFE attach to it.. that would not made any sense

I talk to the Senator Cornyn office today and technically they said, they can't do anything and you need to wait 2-3 months until NVC receive it. he avoided to tell me why but look like there was some errors in USCIS ends that took sometimes to NVC clear it. I'm going to reach out to another Senator...

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Saeid said:

I talk to the Senator Cornyn office today and technically they said, they can't do anything and you need to wait 2-3 months until NVC receive it. he avoided to tell me why but look like there was some errors in USCIS ends that took sometimes to NVC clear it. I'm going to reach out to another Senator...

Wait, was your case sent back to USCIS too????

3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

It's NVC that thought something was missing or didn't agree with USCIS approval. So they send it back to USCIS. USCIS then, to gather more proof that the case is deserving of an approval, may request more evidence. But the RFEs after approval/being sent back are a minority according to data. Most cases get approved and sent back to NVC. Which makes me think it's all internal processing errors from USCIS that NVC caught.

NOA1:

Timeline
Just now, Saeid said:

No not me, I talked to them about the delays not just my case...mine hasn't been sent to NVC yet

Oh, ok! I think I read that wrong. Phew! I'm worried seeing cases being sent back and hoping my doesn't, but knowing my luck....
Glad your reaching out and being heard anyway!

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.